Posts by dbidder

My purpose is to use the Logic pro guitar effects plugins (guitar stomp boxes like various overdrives etc.) as an input to Kemper. I agree that the latency could be the issue here. I will investigate if it is possible to bypass the premix rendering in Logic. Thanks guys.

Haha, is "manual-titty-fest" a product of auto-correct?

I will test this workflow both through reamp input and front input and post some sounds here - hopefully soon. I am surprised nobody so far have come up and said "of course this has been done". There are so many DAW plugins out there, this could lead to so many creative sounds.

I am especially excited to see how Kemper interacts with a digitally-processed input.

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody here has tried to use daw's software effects pre-kemper (i.e. Guitar -> logic pro guitar fx like overdrive pedals -> kemper). Is this possible? And if so, how does it sound like, especially with distortion type of effects? There are many daw software fx options that can be used as pre-kemper input.

Hi,

I bought my Kemper a month ago and I love it. I took a shot at reamping through my old faithful ECHO Layla 24 audio interface by using SPDIF ins&outs between Layla and Kemper, but I am getting constant noise (jitter-crackling) along with the signal.
    I set the echo layla as slave at 44 KHz.
    But when I direct analog outputs from Kemper to Layla and return the unprocessed guitar signal back to Kemper on SPDIF, everything works fine.

Do you think there is something I am missing here when using both SPDIF in&out, or is this a complex clock sync issue I can not fix easily?

Thanks,

Jon