Posts by theplayer

Great Don! Thank you! I'm sorry for these unknown details for me, even after all these years. But I never had to deal with this before. Most of the time it is: have a good profile and play. But I see that this is not enough....

OK! This is all new for me!! I managed to get this done and took an empty slot. Now back to My Profiler I see that this delay is placed in the Stomp section and not in the Delay section of Effects. ....

I have a delay preset in Presets, among many others. But how to drag this in the delay slot of a profile?

I have a lot of profiles in My Profiler

and I have a lot Presets in All Presets

I can open only one folder at the same time. And then...where to look for that delay slot in a profile?

How are you winding them? It matters because winding and unwinding a cable should never cause wear or twisting.

In different ways around lower arm and then over right hand and finally wrapping the last piece over all windings. Or making all circles after each other antil you reach the end of the cable.

But in the past it may have gone in another different way. I had this specific cable for many years. It has been moved now in small pieces into a dumpster, making room for a couple of new ones

But now the following: I have that U2 Streets.kpreset in RM (under All Presets). Dragging it to the desired rig it is not possible. So I try Copy and Past.. message: all items were ignored, wrong file type, unknown or damaged files.

What next?

Hi Bakersounds, This video opened my eyes. I never have seen and done this but it's much clearer now. So it still has to be done with RM. And here's the reason what has mislead me. I have read # 9 carefully but I have been interpreting wrong about what you wrote there:

"you can drag it right into the DLY slot of a profile you like in Rig Manager"

What I understood was: Like you do when you want to import a profile in to the Kemper, using RM.

And I couldn't understand how to get an fx right and directly into the profiler (because I never have done this before)

(translation English and meaning Dutch can sometimes lead to wrong thoughts.)

And another thing. The video shows that there are many more folders in RM than I have. Now I see I have them too, hidden as sub folders (after a search...) but I never have seen them before or needed them, until now for necessary adding and using an fx in a profile. A real eye opener! Thanks a lot! :)  :thumbup:

And now I know that there's another extra new world to explore specifically finding the right fx presets to become a profile really alive...

You have to unzip it and then you can drag it right into the DLY slot of a profile you like in Rig Manager.

I'm sorry but I guess I take this much to literal... Unzipping is no problem because the file is allready there on my desktop. But there's no way I can drag this file from there to a physical amp and further into an fx section.

Yes, I can import (not drag) rigs krigs (not fx) from RM to my profiler but I haven't a clue how to do this with a delay or any other fx.

Thank you all!

I'm not sure how to get that first delay repeat between 2 and 3.

As for that U2 Streets.kpreset, I gladly will try this one if I know how.... Is this just importing in RM? And then how to get it in the fx section?

I have just one Legacy delay with a Note Value 1 of 3/16 (1/8) dot. It's just an ordinary delay and doesn't come near. I see several youtubes on the internet about this delay settings but they all are shown with other equipment amd pedals.. It's a compare between two different explanations, word use and units...

Good thinking Burkhard. I'lln definitely keep that in mind after my experiences. I'll take care of some extra new cables in case of.....

And I now I'm using a NUX C-5RC wireless guitar system, always fully charged lasts for 4 hours (also with a pair of extra cables if needed)

Thank you!

I have been reading and searching how to get a eight dotted delay. And of course have to understand the steps in the process. I stumbled hereby to an old topic from 2019 about this subject. But I only see 2 answers which are totally abracadabra for me:

1. "If you are setting it to tempo, a dotted eighth = 3/16"

2. "There is the temptation to want to play in time with the dElay you hear, which obviously defeats the effect. I'd suggest settinG to dotte-8ths, (as paulTs suggests) but "tap tempo" your pulse

and play wiTh your pulse. The dotted delays should then magically appeaR."

That's it...

Could any explain clearly how to get such an eight dotted delay as a right setting for U2's Where the streets have no name?

Yes, Burkhard. I checked all connections, of course, and even the jacks of the cables. But I could not forsee that one of the cable was broken inside, probably due to the extensive use and winding them...I'll move on soon to wireless guitar and amp plugs...

I'm sorry Hell-G ,but I have been busy for hours and hours searching what is wrong. And now finally I got it with the help of a friend. He brought a cable detector with him (for just in case) and some time later he discovered that a cable at the back (to my cab) was broken. The jacks on both ends were OK but it was somewhere in the middle of the cable. I never would have thought of that.

I really thank you for all your efforts to solve the problem. They finally have led to my dear Kemper working again. :) :thumbup:

Despite your great help solving this problem it's surely gonna take a long time. And I need the Kemper for asking a new audition soon. On Monday I'll go the store where I bought my Kemper a long time ago, hoping they can find the problem on the spot...

In the meantime I'll keep on trying getting things work again.