Posts by TCreedon

Hey Guys,

Looking for some authors on rig exchange with the meat-iest of tones. Love the ChopTones pack, and a few others....going for thick low mids, high gain (without the hiss), just ballsy stuff. Also, well profiles amps...no cheap/poorly done stuff. Looking for quality! Let me know if you know any good authors or profiles to search for! If you have the Choptones, a reference tone is the CHP - PRoSt Archie, looking for more profiles like that.

Thanks guys,

-Tim

Thats the issue. I do all of that correctly, I've updated the Kemper a ton since I bought it. After i put the file in the OS folder, plug it in with the Kemper running, it does pull up the new update automatically. Older updates have been deleted from the stick, so that's the issue.

Hey everyone! My profiler is on the 3.2 (.1 i think) software. I followed all the correct instructions on trying to install the 3.3, but the profiler won't recognize the new software. Ive even re-formated the USB and tried other sticks. Ive never had this issue before...any ideas?

Thanks guys!

Hey guys! I just got a Mac Mini for my Pro Tools only rig. I didn't restore from my laptop backup because I want to keep this computer free of any junk and just have PT files and recording apps that I need. I can't figure out how to get the library from my Rig Manager on my old laptop to my new computer. I went into Mac HD > Library > Application Support > but there was no Kemper Amps folder in there. I can't seem to find where my rig manager saved my library. Worst case I just plug the USB to my laptop to control the rig manager, but it is annoying not to have my rig manager library on my new computer. If anyone could help me figure this out, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks guy!

-Tim

P.S: My Kemper and Rig manager have the latest firmware and software installed. Old computer is a 2011 Macbook Pro running Mavericks, new computer is a 2012 Mac Mini running Mavericks.

That is the standard way of doing it.

Either looking for more clarity with a Fender or more gurgle for a Rick, you need 2 distinct tracks, one to do the work of the low end, the other in the mid range. But playing has much a big part (the orchestration part), since the mid-range will interfere with so much in the mix, you only want a busy bass when other things, notably singer, hang back to let it come through, or else it starts getting in the way. Unless getting in the ways is what you intend...

I just asked about your idea of "grunge" cause it's not well defined, and even "grunge" bands chaffed at the designation, and have such bass timbre variety, it's hard to know your specific interest.

I just asked about your idea of "grunge" cause it's not well defined, and even "grunge" bands chaffed at the designation, and have such bass timbre variety, it's hard to know your specific interest.

When I say "grunge" I'm not referring to the genre....more so just a ballsy, distorted, nasty sounding bass tone....but also a tasteful one. Ive been running my bass tones by using the direct out on the Kemper for one track....then using a profile/distortion tone for a second track. Then low passing the DI track at around 100/150hz, and high passing the distorted track at 100/150hz...so I can get that clean low end still. I was just wondering if anyone had come across a good bass profile with some nasty tone. Ill mess with some guitar profiles. Thanks guys!

Personally I think tags and database structure incl. database search are superior to a folder organization and I'm pretty sure Kemper follows that path.

Hey guys, I think it is totally possible for the next version to have both tagging and custom folders as an option. It all about different work habits. I personally would love to have a list of customized, labeled folders. This way I don't have to remember what I "tagged" the amps as, it's also easier for me to just drag and drop...then go type in something. If I am preparing for a session, I can pre select my amps, create a new folder with the session name and then all my amps are there. It's just easier for me than to search the tags. However, I understand the benefit of the tagging system. I emailed Kemper with that suggestion. :thumbup:

Hey All, I just downloaded the rig manager and followed the instructions. I connected my Kemper and it showed all my rigs, however the rig preview does not work. When I select a rig from the rig exchange/hit the space bar on a rig from the all rigs list. My Kemper stays on whatever rig is already loaded on it, I can only switch rigs from the Kemper itself. It doesn't respond to my computer. Im using a Mac. Any suggestions?

-Tim

Hey guys! My buddy has a boutique bass head called a Thunderfunk 750-A. The thing sounds magical and he was nice enough to let me profile it under the condition that the rig name is called The Andrew Talbot. Check it out and let me know your thoughts, super clean, KILLER sounding head. I just went direct through the head, the Kemper didn't pick up the rich super lows...but the tone is there for sure.

-Tim

Hey guys! I know bass rigs are fairly new, but does anyone know of a BASS profile good for rock/heavy rock. Something that has a grungy bass tone, but is also clear and not over distorted? Let me know!

-Tim

This is true. I think Chris Lord Algae mixed those records (he def did This Means War), which would make sense as he's known for getting massive guitar tone. I did find the majority of Nickelbacks tone comes from the bass, gritty but beefy enough to make everything sound huge. Also, I know they record a guitar track with a wah in a fixed position to get a notch filter and make the guitar really thick. Im doing a lot of experimenting with this....ill let you know if I find anything.

That OLA Pack is pretty awesome. I grabbed some Peavey's, Bogners, Mesa's, Laney's, and EVH from the rig forum. I guess its just finding the right balance of tones.

Hey all! Does anyone know what the best profiles to use to get the "Nickelback" tone. Specifically songs like "Animals", "This Means War", "See You At The Show". Just anything that can give me huge, tight, heavy tone. Let me know!

Thanks guys, ROCK ON

-Tim

Hey all! I purchased an impulse pack called Messiah Impluse Pack (only $5). In contained .syx filed for the Axe FX and .wav filed. Any idea how to load them onto the Kemper? The six filed don't work. I tried CabMaker but apparently the .wav's aren't the correct sample rate, which I guess I can change in Pro Tools. Let me know! :D