Posts by drog

I think it's good if someone enjoys another product, as we all are not the same. I too tried the Helix but it was not for me. I don't use a lot of effects and just wanted the best sounding digital amp I could get, something to get as close to sounding like my tube amps. The Kemper delivers and it does it without needing a lot of editing or playing around. It just works.

I am a guitarist, not a computer scientist! Lol

Yes, but still, if the level of the loop that's placed before the amp is raised it will work like a neutral boost and add distortion.
    You can even try this if the loop only consists of a cable going from send to return.

yes, I was not expecting it to do this.

I was trying to raise the loop level
    to bring it back to unity with the rig when it's bypassed. The level drops too much.
    I will have to re-think how I am using the loop. Maybe a stomp boost when the loop is engaged? Or put the loop in a different spot.

I was playing with adding a loop into the Kemper into slot D, using the "distortion loop". The issue I have is that raising the volume adds its own distortion, even when the pedals are bypassed. It's reacting like its a boost pedal? Is this the intended result? I had no other effects in the slots before it.

This is is not usable to me as it colors the sound and adds unwanted distortion.

OhG,
    I too went and tried to set it up this way (been awhile since I have used morph), it only seems to function from heel down and it does not start where you would expect. Not only that but if you move the pedal slowly it does not even follow the pedal correctly and the lights get messed up.

I dont recall call it being like this when it first came out. It really is not functional using an expression pedal at the moment. I will try it with a switch and see what happens there.

This is morph thing needs some work.

Sorry for for my original answers as I was just taking stuff from the manual and should have tried it first.

The obvious question is the pedal in the toe position when you switch rigs? If it is not all the way down you will be starting in wrong position. When you created the morph was the pedal in the position you wanted when you pushed the button and saved, as that can give you wrong results too when you then choose that rig.

Also check to see if "keep morph state" is selected. That would keep the morph state when you change rigs.

Edit: I do not have a sound lag, that is almost zero but there is a lag in the screen. It is annoying when setting up and editing but not detrimental while playing. So let's say it's a minor annoyance with midi, lol.

I have slow response in performance mode on 4.06 final, while using a midi controller. This needs to be addressed. Currently I use browse mode live, as it is quicker.
    Midi response is one of the few disappointments I have with the Kemper.

Never heard of this company, but it looks great. Love nitro finishes.

But - compared with BrowserMode:

I have assigned different PCs to some rigs in BrowserMode, to confirm that the PC#s are correct. As I said in my first post: The PCs are send correctly and the KPA reacts to them - but only in BrowserMode. In PerformanceMode I can see the correct Icon " # " in the display when I send a PC, but it does not change any performance regardless of which PC I send.

Why does the KPA react to the PCs I send in BrowserMode but ignore them PerformanceMode? The messages I send are not edited, or changed - the only thing that is different ist the mode at the KPA - so I don't think it's a problem with the Midi-Mate.

wait, so you see the program number change when you hit the different controller buttons? But you say the rigs do not change? Or are they not what you expect? Did you select the rigs in performance mode, make sure you save it before you try to recall anything? You need to load the rigs you want into the blank performance slots.

In performance mode your controller needs to send a CC (50-54) to select the different performance rigs, not a patch change as you might have in Browse mode.

I should also add that you can use midi program changes. You will see that bank 1 -1 is midi program 1 ( could also be program zero depending on controller). Bank 1-2 is midi program 2, etc...
    So the midi numbers will/could be different than what you have in Browse mode.

In Performance mode you are recalling the performance slot and not the amp. In Browse mode you are recalling amp rig.

I do do find that there is a lot of lag in switching in performance mode with midi.

One more thing. Make sure you have an amp inserted into the slot you are trying to recall.