Posts by drog

In performance mode your controller needs to send a CC (50-54) to select the different performance rigs, not a patch change as you might have in Browse mode.

I should also add that you can use midi program changes. You will see that bank 1 -1 is midi program 1 ( could also be program zero depending on controller). Bank 1-2 is midi program 2, etc...
    So the midi numbers will/could be different than what you have in Browse mode.

In Performance mode you are recalling the performance slot and not the amp. In Browse mode you are recalling amp rig.

I do do find that there is a lot of lag in switching in performance mode with midi.

One more thing. Make sure you have an amp inserted into the slot you are trying to recall.

With the Kemper you can control it with a midi program number or by using a performance slot. I tend to set my midi channels different for my gear so I can control them individually

Different rigs require different switches. You can't toggle one switch for that purpose.

I was hoping anyway. Thanks.

Yes, you can. Hcarlh is wrong.
    You can use performance mode and a single pedal and step up through the performances, just arrange the amps as you want. You can also do this in Browse mode if you arrange the rigs how you want using Rig Manager. I find it easier to use performance mode.

If you want to change patches for different amps. Make performances and then use one foot switch to step up to the next patch in the performance. Then just set your performances in the order you need them to switch.

If you could find one rig to get you clean and lead sounds you could use the morph feature and your volume or toggle switch to get the desired effect too.

Lastly you could also toggle from clean amp to adding distortion/boost on one button too.

you have many options available and should be able to cover what you need.

Oh, sorry I missed the part about the Kemper Remote. I use the Voodoo Labs GC and can already do this.
    Maybe edit the title to say for the Remote.

You can toggle on/off already with CC messages. CC16 all on/off, CC17-24 are the stomps (look in the manual to see which number corresponds to which slot). As far as external effects, just depends on what they will accept.

For me, the ultimate would not be another Kemper profiler but instead a Kemper effects profiler. That would be the ultimate combination . Just imagine if we could profile any stomp box out there? Oh to dream...

As a comment on the floorboard, we need a better display. The current Kemper display and the one pictured in the mockup will not be bright enough to view on stage or from a distance.

You know this is an interesting question. While the Kemper is the king of the heap right now, there will always be something new and improved to replace it. Maybe it's a new Kemper, maybe someone/something else. All I know is that for right now, the Kemper delivers and should be relevant for the next few years at least (really many, many years, since the sounds you can get really are fantastic. So maybe this is all someone will ever need).

This is a piece of technology and also the reason I have held on to my most cherished tube amps ( for future tech and just because they are the real deal). But, they rarely get played now since I purchased my Kemper.

I would highly recommend the Kemper, it really is a quality product and sounds awesome. It delivers on all fronts and continues to get better. Best of all...from the first units sold to the newest units sold, the updates work exactly the same. What other pieces of gear have done that?

The manual reads fine for me, works as Paul has outlined.
    Not sure why you would even bother to morph just the gain, you might as well set the pedal as volume and positiin post-stomp and control it that way.

I did notice that the pure boost is like turning the gain knob up, so I have been getting better results when I choose a higher gain profile and turn down the gain and then use the pure boost to bring it back up. Of course now I could just morph too.

I think a lot of the boosts depend on how the amp was profiled .

Thanks guys, I did have "auto load" on and missed it. I also was hoping there might be a delete option when you have selected the rig. But the option in browse mode works.

Thanks again for the help.

Hey gang!

I had my Kemper away from my computer and was playing around with some rigs and had a few that I wanted to delete. Looking around I realized there was no simple way to just delete a rig. Or am I missing something? I know I can list favs and then delete non-favs, but there should be a simple delete current rig option.