Posts by MathiasUlrick

make sure your Clean Sens and Distortion Sense parameters (INPUT section) are set 'normally' - by that I mean 0dB
    how do the INPUT and OUTPUT Leds react?

make sure the Profiler is not pushing the Scarlet inputs to hard, that could be a source of unpleasant distortion.
    Connect the headphones directly to the Profiler.
    Does that help?

also the speakers seem to be large computer speakers, and not exactly studio monitors, could be a bottleneck.

The monitors I have are studio monitors. Granted, they aren't high end but they have sounded great with other units (POD X3, POD HD PRO). The pair I have are the MAudio AV40. Also I have the Sennheiser HD 280 headphones which sound fantastic with every other unit I've used.

I've said this many time but I'll say it again. It seems to be an issue with the quality of the profiles and not the unit itself. Finding good profiles on Rig Exchange and Rig Manager is like finding a diamond in the rough. I have noticed with some that the gain is cranked to max by default and if you back it off a little it seems to make the profile sound a little better. Not always the case.

As far as adjusting the input and output gain I'm not really sure about how to do that.

I keep the input on the Scarlet well within acceptable levels, it isn't even close to pushing orange, let alone red.

I know that there is no way for you guys to know my level of understanding on these issue but I have been using modelling amps since 1999. I have been recording my own music for going on 10 years now so I have a lot of experience in that area as well. I don't claim to be the best recording engineer on the planet but I can hold my own, listen to my soundcloud.

Thanks for the input though I will continue to try things. I really do think that there are just a LOT of bad profiles out there. Though I have been trying some of the 5.0 rated profiles and I find them to be not all that good either. The main profile I use is Keith Merrow's 5150 with Till's Vintage Recto cab. I pop the green scream and a comp on it with some post eq and that is pretty nice. I would just like to find a little more variation.

I also would like to know if there are any other pedals I can be substituting for the Green Scream to get some interesting tones?

OTOH, if you "cannot find any usable rigs from Rig Manager" there might be something wrong in your setup or in your connections. Sorry if the following sounds obvious to you :)

How does the Profiler sound when you connect HP or monitors to it directly?
    Have you checked you're not clipping the Profiler's input and output? Have you checked your output's EQ is flat?
    Have you checked there's nothing locked?
    Disable all the fx and lock them, then browse through the rigs: same issue?

:)

Some of the profiles are quite good. It just seems that "most" of them are really bad. Most of them have some really weird spiky high end or some overblown frequency that I have to assume is due to the way it was profiled.

No one needs to walk on egg shells for me. Honestly the last thing I expected when I made the original post was a situation like this. I was simply trying to voice my opinion that GUI editor for this thing would be nice, especially when it comes to wading through the hundreds and hundreds of rigs and cabinets. I perceived Pault's reply as shitty because I felt like he was not so subtly trying to tell me that I didn't need to post this because Kemper is well aware that there is demand for an editor. Perhaps I was wrong about that. I have admitted that maybe I was wrong and yet there are still people coming onto this thread to give me shit about it. I get it, lets move on.

I dont mean your thread.
    I am talking about you saying I cant post without insulting.

You are baiting me.

But seriously, How can you be so sensitive to someone making a joke about someone being a lefty?
    And or whomever cried about it to the Mods.

You are now doing the same thing you complained about just a bit ago about forums.
    Hell I agreed with you but now you are turning the tides.

It wasn't baiting, it was a yes or no question. And I am not being sensitive, it was an immature comment. I didn't tell the mods about it because I didn't care. I only brought it up when you did. Notice I didn't even dignify it with a response when you originally posted it.

I have flipped through your recent post history and you get pretty out of line quite often. I don't expect to have decent conversations with you. Good day.

I have a Schecter KM7 (Keith Merrow Sig) and it has the Seymour Duncan Nazgul/Sentient combo in it. I like it a lot, the humbuckers are pretty high output and are coil tapped so the guitar gets a pretty nice range of tones both dirty and clean. I am really impressed with that guitar. I tried a set of DiMarzio Ionizers in it but I didn't like them.

I have hit a streak were I cannot find any usable rigs from Rig Manager. Everything I download sounds super overblown. Are there some secrets to tweaking the sounds after you've downloaded them? Should I be adjusting input/output, etc? There have been VERY few rigs I've downloaded that actually sound good.

I feel like some of these are just the result of poor profiling. When people profile the amps do they mic them up through a mixer (mic pre's, etc) or do they just pop a mic directly into the Kemper, crank the reference amp and go?

Am I just missing something?

I'll give it another chance but I'm just so sick of forums. It seems like no matter what you say there is some person who is ready to give you a hard time about it.

I'm aware of the fact that there are other threads out there that discuss an editor but I'd like to think I'm free to post something here seeing as how I dropped 2 grand on this thing same as the rest of you.

I'm just so over people that police forums waiting for the chance to school someone. Maybe it's not like that here, we'll see.

Fair enough. I find it rude to be reprimanded by "community members" over trivial matters though. It would be different if it were a forum moderator. I'm just so tired of every online community being like this. I end up regretting asking questions, trying to get information, or making suggestions because some person with a chip on their shoulder just has to jump in and scold you.