Posts by SneakyPete

I think my issue may be that I already use a switch for morphing (reduce gain, add delay mix) but also want to use the pedal to morph octave mix in the same rig - I bet that I can either use the switch or the pedal for morph, but not both? I'll play with breaking those out into 2 separate rigs and see if that does the trick.

I am currently using the Transpose function, but during the song I want to also add in a low octave and use the expression pedal to determine the amount of mix for the octave sound. Currently I can use my pedal to turn on/off the octave using the Pedal Pitch: Heel at 0, Toe at -12 - however, this only turns on the octave at the mix I've set.

Instead I'd like to keep the pitch at -12 (maybe using the Chromatic Pitch with Voice 1 at 0, Voice 2 at -12) and use the expression pedal to morph the mix from 0 to 25% - this would provide the illusion of a increased octave sound as I rock the pedal. I've tried to set morphing by rocking the expression pedal and changing the mix %, but it's not working.

I have checked the manuals and various youtube videos, but the ones I have found are only focused on setting up expression pedals for Volume, Wah or Pitch shifting only.

Is this possible and am I just doing it wrong?

As a new user, I would suggest updating to the latest stable release (5.5.2). Once you get familiar with how it works, the functionality of the Kemper and how you want it set up, you could move to a beta version. My only concern is if you go beta first, you won't know if it is a bug or your lack of knowledge of the Kemper that could be causing an issue.

I have a GT-100 and use the 4-cable method. Make sure to set up as you would normally:

-Guitar cable into GT Input

-GT Output into Kemper's Return input

-GT Loop Send into Kemper Input (on the front of the Kemper)

-GT Loop Return into Kemper Direct Output/Send

Make sure that you have Kemper's Loop Mono FX active and set in the X (or Mod) slot, mix at 100% - you should be all set to then use GT effects, turn off the Kemper preamp as needed (when disabling the GT loop), etc. With that in mind, I've found the Kemper's effects are at least (if not better) than the Boss effects and am looking to move to the remote controller and replace the GT.

Good luck!

For the first question ("Am I better off plugging into a cabinet or going direct?"), I do both at the same time. I use a guitar cab (connected by speaker cable from my powered toaster) behind me and then go XLR out to the mixer for mic'ing purposes to FOH. I like having the feel of the guitar cab behind me, and like the flexibility to still connect direct to the mixer (no need for mic'ing the guitar cab - I get a consistently good sound to the FOH and it also makes setup/tear down that much easier)

I wonder if the Kemper cannot read which position the pedal is in, and so always assumes it is heel down as a starting point? Maybe a future feature would be to add an option to check "Toe down" or "Heel down" to let the Kemper know...?

Same here - my first rig will change in performance mode to one I've previously used before shutting down, even after a 'safe' power down (with the chicken knob). It may be related to whether I've modified that rig before shut down (not sure). Note this has happened to me through several different versions (not the latest beta or latest 3.30 version), and it's just one of those things I have learned to live with...

What version are you running? I know I had put in the beta version and had unexplained drops in volume while playing. I finally moved back to the latest stable release and didn't have issues

I'm not sure if that is related, but would be something to look at

I've loaded my Kemper both ways, vertically (with the strap facing "up") and horizontally (with the flaps being the "front" and "back"). I found that horizontal does allow for a tight fit and you can leave in the bag while playing (which I've done). Now saying that, I've moved back to vertically because of two reasons: first, I use a power head into a cabinet so while leaving in the bag is good, the "front" and "back" flaps cover part of the cabinet (and if I fold them and put them under, it makes for a non-stable base for the Kemper). Second (and more importantly for me), one day I forgot to zip up the "back" and the Kemper fell out. I'm happy to say it was not damaged, but that made me paranoid enough to go back to vertical!!

The only other thing I will point out is, when in the "horizontal" position, unloading and loading into the bag stresses the inside fabric and I've noticed small tears because of it...

Has anyone come across an issue with the Chromatic tuner not working? My chromatic tuner changed black while I was using a volume pedal plugged into my Kemper Powerhead. When the volume pedal was heel-down (volume off) the tuner would appear, however after several times, the tuner showed as a black box. And now, even without using the volume pedal, the tuner now defaults to the black box. The bubble tuner still works though.

I sent in a service ticket, just wondering if anyone else had the same issue...

For me, I love the Kemper but the biggest frustration (to me) is the documentation. To learn/understand even some of the simplest features, I have to:

• Check the Basic Manual
    • Check the Reference Manual
    • Check the wiki
    • Search the forum
    • Look on YouTube

I know there's probably 70-80% of features that I don't use (or don't even know about), simply because it is too difficult to find an easy-to-understand reference guide somewhere.

I have something similar happen from time to time, it sounds like the volume is at 50% and I'm listening through a beer can. I fix it by either rebooting, by changing profiles. or cycling through effects (sometimes one way works and the others don't - don't ask me why). The good news is it only happens when first starting up, so after it is fixed I don't have an issue when switching between rigs (or a better explanation, once it goes away it doesn't come back).

For those with experience with a BOSS GT-type pedal (GT-5, 6, 8 , 10 , 100, etc), how is the morphing different than the Pedal Assing options in the GT-line? For example, right now, I use my expression pedal on my GT-100 to increase the tremolo sound on my uni-vibe effect in the BOSS, or to turn on my delay. Isn't morphing allowing for the same thing, but with the Kemper effects? If it is the same, it's one less reason to keep my GT-100... :)