Posts by chriscalandro

Again, read the section on what audio is on what SPDIF channel. The manual gives you this information.

Kemper did not create Cubase, so why would they write a Cubase manual? A manufacturer's manual teaches you how to use a device, now how to be an audio engineer.

It's nobody's fault that you haven't paid close enough to the directions (Which are quite clear) in the manual and you don't know how to use your DAW.

Maybe you should call the people that make Cubase.

Also, the Scarlet should have worked just fine for you if you had set it up correctly.

You're upset because the Kemper manual doesn't cover things that are not the Kemper?

if you are using SPDIF what are you using for your clock? is the Kemper the master? the interface?
    The manual DOES cover setting up the Kemper.

If you only see the D.I. signal in the DAW, it means your output settings are wrong. Have you tried looking at those?

I believe performance mode does not work like browser mode does with each rig having a consecutive program change value.

Banks are a function of the floorboard, not the Kemper. Pressing the bank button on your FCB4X does not send a command to the kemper, but rather tells the floorboard that the program change buttons now have a separate set of values (depending on what bank your on)

In performance mode, you have a performance with a set of rigs. Each rig in a performance is changed with a program change, just like in browser mode, but the performance itself is changed with a value on CC47 or scrolled using 48(+) and 49(-)

the end result is when you bank up, and press program change switch 1 (assuming you have 5 program change buttons) your controller is sending a command to switch to program change 6 - which doesn't exist in performance mode.

I might have some of these details wrong, but I'm pretty sure I don't.

Banking would require me to either use a midi controller that supports it, or for me to code it myself.

Currently, I really only use 3 rigs live. This left me 2 extra rig options.

Ultimately I'm trying to keep my R&D time and costs down, and banking just wasn't something I felt I needed at this time.

In the end, I'm building it. If I decide I want banking later, I'll drill two more holes, get a few more switches and code it in! My biggest worry is that the official pedalboard will be out before I finish mine! I want a better solution for now. I have the next 2 weeks off from work. I hope to have something built and working in this time.

This thread will be a place to follow the progress.

While that makes sense if I want to pitch up, what if I want to pitch down? (Which IS what I want to do.

This seems pretty silly and unless you are "on the inside" I would guess this wasn't the intention.

I want to use it exactly the way you describe they have stopped me from using it, or the opposite way the have done it now.

I have a uno4kemper, and while it works, it lacks a few things I want.

Some of you may have seen my other thread where I talked about modifying the 1010. I have been thinking about this and decided that maybe it's easier just to build a new pedal from the ground up that suits my purposes.

Here is what I have come up with. It will be 2 components - The pedal itself, and a small box that would connect to the midi IO of the kemper. The connection from the box to the pedal would be a CAT5 that would handle both power and communications.

Here is what I have so far... (I made this in paint)

Each button would have an LED, and the three expression pedals would have a row of 10 LEDs that correspond to the pedal position.

I'm pretty sure it's all doable for a reasonable price. What I'm not sure about would be the tuner. I might not be able to pull that one off.

I don't have real dimensions.

AGAIN, THE BOX ON THE KEMPER SIDE WILL CONNECT TO THE MIDI PORTS ON THE KEMPER, NOT THE CAT 5
    [Blocked Image: http://www.chriscalandro.com/Pedal.jpg]

who would be interested in a mod for the FCB1010 that replaces the midi jacks with a single cat 5 connector? I'm pretty sure I can power the FCB1010 from there as well.

The Kemper side would be a small box that would be a cat5 to the new FCB mod and 2 midi plugs to connect to the kemper. It would probably be powered from a 9v wall wart or could potentially be wired into the kemper if you don't care about your warranty.

the kemper side could either be a small box, or maybe a 1u unit.

If you did want this, how much do you think you would be willing to pay for it?

The Pedal is set so the pitch will go DOWN as the pedal goes BACK.

if I switch to that rig with the pedal forward the pitch is down. If I then use the pedal to go back, then forward again, it's correct until I change the rig and then come back.

Every time the rig loads, the pedal pitch effect goes to it's lowest set point despite the pedal position.

I have a rig that I have saved that uses the pedal pitch.

normally my pedals on my 1010 (with Uno4kemper) are all the way forward, which should result in no pitch change.

I have saved the rig with the effect on, but when I switch to it, the pitch pedal is activated as if the pedal was all the way down. If I move the pedal all the way back, then all the way back forward, it clears it out and works normally until I switch away and come back.

I have tried re-saving the rig with the pedal all the way up and it makes no difference. I always have to clear the pedal. Very annoying!

Again you can do this with midi assignments.

The kemper can hold hundreds of rigs.

put the rigs you want to use on the kemper and assign them midi program numbers.