Posts by fergal

You can use monitor out for your monitoring and set its level in the output menu, cab on or off too. You can set it up so the volume knob only adjusts foh, monitor only or both.

I don't think they are independently available from the front of the kemper you just set it in sound check or first song and should be good,

Hope that helps

I was messing around with my blackstar ht5 combo and noticed it was quite punchy compared to my kemper through an frfr speaker, so I went into the output menu and raised the mid and treble in the global eq to +5 the kemper really started to sound close to the combo and sounded more amp in the room like, I don't know if it works for all profiles but it made a big difference and the mid control on the amp stack seemed to work better the sound didn't disappear into the mix as much. Easy to try it out tho anyway?

Hi Ruefus

I've tried them all, I suppose im just wondering if the send signal is more suited to line level units rather than instrument level pedals. I know there's a loop level adjuster in the rig menu as well, but ive just read that the direct output should be set to off so ill try that too.

Thanks

Ferg

HI

what are the recommended settings the kemper, for if say I wanted to put my pedalboard in an fx loop in slot b, so I could use slot A for kemper wah for example.

The board has ods and dists and stuff, I just cant get it to play nice, feels like somethings not quite right, possible impedance issue maybe? Are the loop levels instrument or line level

Thanks ferg

Hi Toni, there are eqs that you can use that have the high and low cuts built in to them, so you wont need a beta firmware. it just means using up a slot, I would put it in the x slot, so after the amp section, you could then lock the x slot so it becomes available for all your presets. Hope that is of some help?

Hi

If you are connecting it up correctly to the mixer and your cab sim is on, it should be just an eq thing, you can adjust your global eq in the output section to suit whatever system your playing thru, also theres a new high cut low cut section in the output menu which can help too. And u could also eq the mixer channel, I used to roll off a lot of top end on my mixer but not needed now with the high cut on the kemper.

Best of luck hope this helps

Ferg

Hi All

Just wondering if at some point the location of the Amp in the chain could be made more flexible, ie have it last in the chain so all effects are before the amp, or put it before the mod slot etc.

Dont know if its possible but it would be a nice feature

Thanks

Ferg

Hi

At the moment im just playing through the pa system with the EQ flat on the desk, ive cut the output presence to nearly -5 and I put the "cut the mix" eq preset locked in after the cab, ive adjusted the high and low cut to 80hz and 7k ish

Then try some profiles, and move the output presence and or the eq high cut and see how it goes, I raise definition on things a good bit too,

This is working great for me at the moment

Ferg

Hi there

Yes I have tried the hp /lp filters but its another slot used up so im trying to avoid that, I just picked the low e string and turned the pick knob fully to -5 then +5 theres a big difference between the two extremes which I hadnt noticed before -5 seems muddier +5 seems to clear it up.

I could be wrong as to whats actually going on but I like the + side more on distorted profiles.

Let me know what u think

Hi

Ive never used the pick parameter. But today I noticed if I have a heavy rock sound loaded up, playing through a pa speaker, moving the pick parameter to the right a little about +0.5 or higher, so positive pick setting, it cleared up a lot of mud /boom from the sound.

I dont know if that is what its designed to do but it does?

Im sure this isn't a revelatory breakthrough for most of ye but I think its cool?

Ferg

Hi guys

It was there previously as far as I can remember, and id like it back if its possible. I have an m13 for years that I really liked but the delays did bump up the volume and I suppose ive just gotten used to that happening

Maurizio70 has u2 stuff up and it sounded really good if you search for him on youtube and here im sure you will find some inspiring sounds

Ferg

I would prefer to see separate speed and depth controls for the modulation but it still works, and tho it seems subtle it can be quite prominent at volume, id try a high setting of 8.4 ish, and put the delay before the amp and boost the delay with a stomp boost/od and adjust from there also maybe check your stereo percentage try 0% it might focus the delay a bit. The wobble is there tho?

Ferg

I just was playing with the One Ds drive,, in front of a vox ac type profile. I rolled the mix down to about 50% and it cleaned up really nicely and to me sounded like an sdd type preamp.

I didnt see anyone mention this before so i just thought id put it out there. Might be an extra boost option.

Ferg