Posts by ampoholic

Trying Stringjoy Balanced Medium Gauge (11-50) Nickel Wound Electric Guitar Strings on epi rosso corsa les paul

Stringjoy Heavy Bottom Light Gauge (10-52) Nickel Wound Electric Guitar Strings on the rest for now.

that under "RIG" menu there's a setting called "PANORAMA" that will pan the signal AND that can you can use "MORPH" to move your signal with an expression pedal?

Tell me what I don't know!

I don't see how you can avoid it, if you want to use the same rigs with different guitars?

I tweak the rigs for different guitars instead of changing the input settings. I save one with a HB and the other as SC or something like that. Or they are in sets corresponding to which guitar I'll use. The biggest difference being say vintage Strat pickups to SD Slash HBs. Way more ways to dial in guitars this way than the "sense" settings.

Yup, sexy as hell! (not)

I've done it a couple times, no issues. Couldn't stand that gritty, grinding feeling. Yeah, didn't want to try any kind of spray. It's a VERY light coat. the area to lube is very small and doesn't take much. I put very little on the cloth. Absolutely not enough to make a drip when squeezed.

It's been awhile since I set it up, but I remember it being pretty straight forward. Only issue is the midi order thing. Everything's plugged into a conditioner so 1 switch turns it all on. The Loop Expander starts way faster than the KPA but needs to start after so I have to reset (unplug/plug) it after the KPA starts, then reload the performance slot (stomp the button.)

Just FYI on the drive type pedals. I used them since I got the KPA (3+ years) up until a month or so ago. I've been having good luck using shapers with low gain rigs, generally backing the drive down from default (5?) On low gain and high(er) gain, the green scream and fuzzes with the gain set to 0 or very low is working for me. Of course starting with a clean (quality not low gain) rig is helpful.

I use around 45 performances during one show and I go to details.Why not use everything that the Kemper offers.For example when i play U2's beautiful day i use 4 presets, different delays, pitch shifters, tremolos with Britt vox profiles.:)

Same. 1 to 4 rigs per song in mini sets of 3 to 5 songs for some flexibility and great transitions. So 1 or 2 Performances per mini set. Morph is a big help to reduce the number of rigs per song. Start with a rig with similar tone traits and amount of gain. Add effects. tweak, tweak, tweak. Then sometimes end up swapping out the whole amp section after the effects take their toll or maybe just the amp or cabinet fix it. As mentioned above, take it to practice and make sure you have that space in the song with the band. If not, usually an amp change can fix it.

I should mention, many of the amps I use have a bunch of rigs profiled at different gain levels and different tone settings. I don't usually change the gain much from the profiled level of gain. Occasionally you just have to effect a sweep of gain (morph.)

there's a few ways to do that. You could:
    Morph the volume (along with most other parameters), set the morph time to 0 & use the rig button on the remote.
    Add Pure Booster to the Effects section, store the effects stomp to a remote Effects button
    Make a whole new Rig for leads, store it along with your rhythm Rig in Performance mode.
    Use any Distortion, Booster, Shaper stomp and turn the volume up in the stomp. Save it to a Remote Effects button.

Probably missing some, but there's a start.

Yeah! Morph is badass! Started using that as soon as Kemper released it. Dramatically cut down on the number of Rigs to do a song. It's amazing how many parameters you can change at the same time. I usually use a Mission pedal for Morph so I can sweep up and down or stop part way up also.

So... I switched from a Mesa Road King 1/2 stack with a racked G System and a crap load of pedals to a Kemper & Kemper Remote. I was in a gigging cover band, so really only had time to get songs up and running while I was on the waiting list for the Remote. When the Remote came, the KPA was gigging the next weekend and has never failed me. (Thank gawd since I had no backup) I didn't spend a lot of time digging into the KPA. I've been slowly weaning myself off pedals the more I learn Acquiring rigs to better fit songs has helped too. Now "the band" is on a long break and I've been digging.

Shapers! Holy crap! Why didn't anyone tell me?? I just converted all the songs I was using a clean boost on to hard or soft shapers. The songs that a shaper didn't fix, Lead Booster did. I didn't "get" the Lead Booster the 1st time I tried it back in the beginning.

Not sure if there were exactly 12 steps in there, but I am now off pedals.

well there are a few specialty pedals in the rack for specific songs...
    Just sayin'
    Amp

Nah, just go louder, isn;t that the guitarist way?

Only joking of course..

Another factor( assuming a live setting), is whether you are in a single guitar or dual guitar band. single guitar band is more forgiving because you are less likely to clash with other frequencies, dual guitar is a different matter.

Fact! For me, it's usually one of a few things. Sometimes it's getting the right amp profile. What sounds killer at home sometimes does not blend or contrast with the other guitar. So I find an amp that fits better and then tweak from there. Or maybe a little bit cleaner rig (lower gain.) Sometimes cleaner is reducing the amount of effects I'm using. By amount I mean MIX level or maybe an effect just isn't "cutting" it (pun intended) and I either terminate it or change to something similar.

Just a different preference. Small venue band, we’ve never had stereo monitors on stage so for me, it’s the same with or without IEMs. Mono Guitar monitor on the left, mono band on the right.