Posts by MonkeyPeanutButter

Hi Audiopilot,

I got some time to kill in the train so here goes my rembling:
    I would advise you to try out the InEar thing for more than just one gig. It took me like 10 gigs to get used to them.
    I also would say that you should have a full mix and not just vocals as a signals for your InEar.
    Not a full mix but I (play in a 8 piece band have the following in order of loudness on my InEars)
    My Voice
    My Guitar
    Kick and Snare
    HiHat
    Clicktrack
    Leadvocals (most of the time not me)
    Keys
    Other vocals
    Bass
    Overheads and Toms
    Backing Tracks
    And almost no Trombone, Trumpet and Sax

The mix I hear is something between the perfect mix to perform for me and something that I also enjoy.
    If I don't have enough time for the soundcheck I just get drums essentials, click, my voice, guitar and lead vocals.
    I would still advise you to leave a cab or a monitor on stage for your guitar sound.
    Natural feedback is a big part of most guitar sounds and I myself hate the loss of sustain if I solo without a cab.
    Ive been doing gigs with in ears for about 8 years and in the long run it was worth it for me.
    I still use my Shure SE315 and a cheap transmitter by LD Systems. And I don't think that I'm missing out that much. About 500 bucks together.
    I play gigs in front of 30-3000 people.
    I don't have a custom mold because the normal one fits me very well and I'd rather buy more guitars than invest money into something that is working just fine.

Whatever you decide to buy have fun and your ears will thank you. Especially if your drummer hates his cymbals as much as a few drummers I had the joy of working with.

It could be either software or hardware. I don't think that anyone outside of the Kemper team could know for sure.

Hardware:
    It could be that the position of the effects is stored in one physical data address that. (meaning not assigned by an OS)
    If they don't have enough of what we would call RAM on a normal PC to add more physical addresses or if they use specific registers for the ui functions to be able to recall the values quicker it could be that they would need to change the hardware.
    Although I don't think that this is the case because it would seem very limited and extremely hard to code so "close to the hardware" it could be that Kemper is doing that to get every last drop of performance out of their hardware.

Software:
    Instead of using one variable that just stores the one Adress they could use an array and let the search knob know by a parameter on the search function which knob is issuing the search. This could be harder to implement then said if they use some kind of framework that they can't change or if the information on what knob is doing the search is harder to get then you might think.
    The extra values shouldn't take that much space in memory for it to be critical. (again this depends on what kind of memory control they use)

this is all speculation because I don't know how the Kemper works. Knowing if they use a framework or which language or languages they use would help me give you a better answer. Or at least knowing the hardware that they use and if there are OSes for it.
    It could even be that they designed their own OS for the hardware.
    I would bet that it is fixable with a software update thought but like I said I can't know for sure. Hope this helps.

This is just how the Kemper works.
    There is no way to add something between the preamp, poweramp and cabinet (if you use the simulation of the Kemper).
    I never had a problem with this though as it takes most effects better than normal amps imo (delays etc.) if they are placed after the cabinet like the effects in most digital recordings work.
    If you want to use your own Preamp just use it before the Kemper PRE and disable the Kemper's PRE.
    Or do you have a different use case?

Maybe Toontracks EZ Mix is something for you. They have a set called lead Vocals.
    I don't have it or know anyone who uses it. But I generally like Toontrack products.

I use Cubase and it has some good presets for vocals and more on their own Plug-ins.
    Maybe your DAW has something similar so you don't have to buy something.

In the long run you'll be able to play with the presets and find what you like and what you don't like.

I guess we always need room to improve.
    I hope my tone never gets to 100%
    And even if it gets there a few months or years later I will fancy something else. It's like dating. But I think switching back and forth sounds is easier and won't get you into that much trouble.
    Also im sure my playing will never get to 100% :D
    Beeing human is all about improving IMO.
    Love my Kemper though. I still consider it to be the best gear purchase of my life.

Hi guys,

Because I recently installed a Set of Fishman Fluences in my PRS im selling my old pickups. Weirdly they just won't sell at the price I normally aim at. (about half the price they would be new). Are used pickups usually worth much less?
    The set it trying to sell consists of an some EMG pickups (I don't want to name the specific model because I don't want this thread to seem like I'm trying to sell them here). New they would set you back around 240€
    I tried selling them for 120€. I got some offers but the highest was 70€
    Do you have some experience with selling used pickups?
    Just to gain some insides.

On a sidenode: Totally love the Fluences :)
    I got the Tosin Abasi 6 String Model.

Cheers

I would go for a bigger ssd. If you need more storage buy external ssds. Hardrives are not good for big projects. They just load too slow.
    I also would recommend 16gb of ram so for that price point I wouldn't get a laptop with a dedicated graphics card.
    The 8th gen Intel CPUs are way better than their 7th Gen counterparts. Some lines got more cores etc.
    The IPC didn't change that much though.
    Id also recommend a laptop that still has a full sized keyboard. For my Cubase work flow I use the num pad quite regulary.
    Regarding the specific model. If you have a shop near you I would recommend you try them out as a laptop is also about feel and built quality not only the raw horsepower.
    I would also recommend to read up on some stress test of the specific model. Some manufactures build there laptops so that it thermal throttles within a few minutes of load.
    And at least 1080p.

I jumped straight onboard the hype-train and bought me a pair of Fishman fluence Pickups. The tosin abasi 6 string model to be precise. I thought that maybe they will offer a wide variety of sounds for the guitar I mainly use in my coverband.
    I bought them on reverb from a seller located in Canada because I couldn't find any German dealers or even European dealers that stocked that model. And even the normal fluence modern here in Europe were so much overpriced that I made a better deal anyway.
    I picked them up from customs yesterday and went straight to my tech.
    I will report later on how they sound.
    P.S. Don't be as dumb as me and think that a 5 way will fit in a place of a 3 way selector. Or to be honest... I didn't think about it at all.
    P.S.S. Goodbye EMGs

I would recommend updating to the latest stable release of the firmware. If the problem then still exists contact the support.
    They probably will tell you to update to the latest version anyway. That's why I'd recommend that as the first step.

Probably it's like 6 purchases of single strings :)

I actually bought some single strings and normal packs. Just to fill up on the strings that sometimes break on stage.
    If a string breaks at home I usually change the whole set but if it is on stage then nobody got time for that.

I have the Yamaha HS5 with the Sub HS8s.
    At first I only had the HS5s and they were clearly missing the low end thumb I was used to with normal cabs.
    So maybe 5 isnt enough to get that thumb.
    I know that a sub is out of your budget right now but maybe try to get something bigger than 5.
    Maybe other small speakers have way more bass than the Yamahas.
    Just my personal experience that the HS5 alone for me weren't fun to play.

Hi Guys,

after playing a Club Show (doors opened at 22:00 am and we played from 23:00 to 03:00 in the morning) where there were so many drunk folks dumping their drinks onto the stage I am seriously thinking of getting a remote so that my Kemper can sit in the back of the stage in future concerts. Right now I normally have my Kemper right beside my Behringer FCB1010, that I use to control it, so I can see the tuner and know what Profiles I'm on as I use a Performance for each Song that we play.
    After my Kemper mercifully survived the last gig smelling like Cuba Libré I know that I have to change something.
    Do any of you guys know if the Remote is water resistant? Have you guys had drinks spilled over it? Do you feel that it can take a beating better than the Profiler itself?
    I'm not saying that the Profiler is badly built or something. I'm really glad, that it survived the last gig and all other torment it had to go through. It is build like a tank but the connections on the back make me concerned that it wouldn't like to get drowned in something though.
    Any feedback is appreciated :)
    And happy holidays to everyone :)