Posts by ronjazz

Hi ECma7,

Here is the just received reply—I must add, an extremely quick and clear response. Great customer/technical service from Kemper. And, agreed, a firmware addition that allows for control of the Direct Output Signal strength would be nice:

"The settings of the direct out do not apply when you activate a loop stomp.
    The only thing that has any influence on the send level when you place the
    loop stomp before the amp section is the guitar volume and the clean
    sens setting.
    In other words-the signal coming out of the DI when the loop stomp is placed before any distortion is at guitar level.
    Please make sure that the external device that you are using is capable of
    dealing with a guitar level signal. Some rack mount devices might expect
    a line level input.
    In general if the external device is not
    responding to the signal that is send out from the direct out when a
    loop stomp is activated please try to raise the input sensitivity of the
    external device.
    When you place the loop in the MOD or X slot you can influence the send level with the amp/cab parameters."

Thank you for your reply.
    I have not checked the mix value in the loop, but I doubt that it would influence the output intensity from the Direct Out. I have perused the manual several times looking for an answer to my question but to no avail. I guess it's time to send off an email to Kemper. I'll post the eventual reply.

Hello,
    I have a Kemper Power Head—latest firmware—that has an outboard effects unit—Axe-Fx II XL—in its effects loop (Direct out from Kemper to Axe input and Axe output going to Kemper Return). The combination works, however, I cannot seem to drive the Axe input to the desired level. I have unlinked the Kemper's Direct Output volume and have altered the volume from high to low, but no matter how it is set it does not seem to influence the input level meters on the Axe. Have I misunderstood the function of the Kemper's Direct Out when it is used in an effects loop?
    Thank you in advance. ?(

Hello
    I have a Kemper Power Head and I am attempting to use the direct out to drive an outboard effects device that I have placed in the Kemper loop that is connected via Stomp D. I have unlinked the Master Volume in the output menu and would like to control the Direct Out's volume independent of the Master, however, the Direct Out is grayed out in the output menu. Any suggestion on what the cause might be and how to resolve this apparent issue?
    Thank you in advance.

I am planning on using the Kemper Power Head's direct out to drive an Eventide Eclipse and have not been able to determine whether the Kemper's Direct Out is balanced or unbalanced. Does anyone have the scoop on this?
    Thank you in advance.

Question answered by an older post that just popped up. Not sure why it didn't surface during my initial search.

"...Anyway turns out all 1/4" outputs are unbalanced and the return and alternative 1/4" inputs are balanced..."

Thanks, will give it a try.
    However, after reviewing the list of factory profiles available on the Kemper website it appears that there are only three "direct"profiles and they are all from the Mesa Boogie Mark IV. That said, I have a Mark IV sitting in a closet. Have had it for years and never got warm and fuzzy with it.

Unless I misunderstood the Ver. 3.02 addendum, there should be some factory "Direct" profiles—amp profiles sans cabinet—accompanying the firmware update. My question is, where does one find these profiles while in browse mode?
    Thank you in advance. :?:

Thank you.
    I looked there, but couldn't find a reference to the speaker output volume or the Main output volume but I will have another look. However, if there is a volume adjustment for the Main Output would that also have a direct effect on the speaker output?

Hello,
    I have connected my Kemper Power Head to a recording console via the Main Outputs to the track inputs of the mixer/recorder as recommended by Kemper tech support. The Kemper's speaker out is connected to a 4x12 cabinet. My question is as follows: I cannot achieve adequate input gain in the recorder without turning up the Main volume on the Kemper, and doing so obviously increases the db's excreted by the 4x12. Therefore, is there any way to defeat the Kemper's speaker output, short of disconnecting the cable going to the speaker cabinet for each recording session?
    Thank you in advance. ?(