Posts by SqWark

Your first pack was great! This one I must have too :)

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but there really do seem to be a lot of awesome Metal profile packs coming out as of late.

If you saw my Kemper 'Local Library' you would laugh your ass off. Has almost as many profiles on it as Rig Exchange itself.

Regardless, if I hear something new that sounds really good and is distinct in some way (from all the other profiles I have) chances are I'm gonna buy it.

Kind of like the saying, "I don't NEED any more guitars.... I just wanted one more"

Think I must've missed the discount pricing. Regardless, even at $70 this is worth it to me.

For me, there are only two categories of commercial profiles:

-The ones I buy, try out, and never use again

and

-The ones I buy, love to death and get great value from.

I only have Reampzone's 6505 pack so far and had been holding off on buying more as I had been avoiding DI profiles like the plague.

No excuses, I just didn't know the best way to use them tbh.

Well, I took the time to learn a little and now I feel like there's a whole new world of profiles out there just waiting for me :)

Oh...obviously RZ is, in my opinion, in the second category!

Update: Sonny from STL took the time to reach out to me and I can happily say that I am now the owner of some stellar STL Tones profiles.

First impressions?

These are gonna be supplanting some very good profiles on my Kemper.

Hey guys, Sonny here from STL Tones. Apologies for the issues with the checkout section on the store, we were having some technical problems. The store is back up and running. Stay tuned for some new exciting announcements we have coming shortly! :)

Sonny

STL Tones

You ran a special and then failed to provide the information necessary to honor it. Hope the exciting announcement is related to this.

Tried several times to purchase over the weekend. Screen crashed to an "error" screen and the on the few times I did get to the checkout screen there was no discount shown or any indication of how to get one. :(

I'm a little confused so please help me out if you can. I have the majority of your packs and am a big fan of your profiles. I thought that the earlier ones that I bought such as the ADA and 6534 packs were not merged profiles as I could have sworn I bought them prior to update 3.0
    Did we get an update from you and I'm just not remembering it? I have no problem re-upping for any new versions as you guys work hard and deserve to be compensated but I am just confused as to which of my Tonehammer/Deadlight profiles are merged and which are not. The ADA profiles which were some of the first I bought actually are the merged versions (says so in the 'comments'). Funnily enough my all time favorite ADA profile is your 'ADA MP-1 mod EL34 A' which is a studio profile.

This is great news. Have been using my kemper running thru my DAW and have gotten used to having lpf/hpf on my guitar tone. I just prefer the way it sounds. Was trying to figure out how to have this as part of my live setup short of having to take my whole pc to gigs. Sounds like this is a simpler solution.

Cool. Thanks! Was hoping that was the case.

Just bought the 5150II single pack and glad I did. All of the profiles are very good and a couple of them (JS-Snarler & JS-6160) are outstanding. I've got Bare Knuckles Holy Divers in a couple of my guitars and together with these profiles this may be the best they've ever sounded.

Just picked up this pack recently. One of the very best set of Marshall profiles I have ever heard. I have to say that overall I have found many of the Marshall profiles out there to be bit of a let down, or at least for my purposes. I was starting to think that Marshall amps just don't profile well for some reason.
    These ones on the other hand are outstanding.

I use Studio One and prior to getting my Kemper I had also been convinced that SPDIF was the only/best way to record (just from what I had read). I have personally found that going mains out from Kemper with XLR's is easier and gives a great result. I don't know if using SPDIF results in superior sound quality or not but I have to say that to my ears going (Kemper) mains out>line input sounds pretty damn good.

My all-time favorite Tonehammer studio profiles right now are MESA STUDIO PREAMP, ADA MP-1, ENGL Savage and the 5150 III ones are outstanding too. If I never had another new amp/profile to play through I could be quite content with just those. On the other hand I still can't wait to hear how the Diezel Hagen profiles sound.

Your Mesa Studio Preamp profiles are the best Mesa profiles I've heard. I rate my profiles for reference but it's pointless with these ones as they all get five stars!

Studio preamp profile with TS-9 thru a Greenback is my ultimate guitar tone.

I'm a new Kemper owner (had it a week) so I'm still finding may around the system.

Of the Factory Profiles a lot of the ones that I liked the most seemed to come from Deadlight Studio. I bought another well known "Metal Pack" but it didn't deliver what i was looking for. I guess "Metal" means different things to different people but oh well, lesson learned. By the way am I the only one who doesn't see the point in a "Metal Pack" of profiles containing 20+ clean tones? Just seemed odd to me. Would rather have some different distortion settings, lead settings or different EQ.

So anyway, like I said my first attempt at buying commercial profiles wasn't the best but I talked myself into taking a chance on Tonehammer's Deadlight Studios
    profiles. Bought three (ENGL Savage, 6535 and JCM 800) and was so impressed that the next day I bought the other three(Mesa studio preamp, ADA MP-1 and 5150III). They all sound amazing. The Mesa is mind blowing. Had no idea that amp could sound that good. Actually not sure if it can but the profile sure sounds amazing. The ADA MP-1 profile was a revelation. I had friends who played through those back in the day and I never considered it a quality preamp based on the tones they all had and then I remember Paul Gilbert played through one on his REH video (no-one under 35 is gonna remember that one haha) and his tone was very thin sounding and not impressive. The ADA MP-1 profile, on the other hand, sounds monstrous. One of the best most useable metal tones I could imagine. I've never had access to so many useable, great tones at the same time it's almost overwhelming. Challenge is picking the one to record with as they all sound damn good. Not a bad problem to have of course.