Posts by Wingee

I agree with Michael_dk's diagnosis. I have this problem all the time. Actually, it's not really a problem, it's more of an observation. I just now recreated your flubbly sound by searching through my free profiles to find a similar tone, and was able to get it to sound nice and tight just like the G1 clip by adding a studio eq in stomp slot A and leaving everything zero except the low shelf I set to 200 hz, and -2.5 db gain. I would consider this early-in-the-chain studio eq to be more of a pickup/guitar tone shaper that sculpts the input to the amp profile itself.

I don't hear much of a gain difference between the two, but the G1 clip is a little more balanced, and yours is a bit scooped. Again this could easily be due a pickup/guitar difference, so it wouldn't be unreasonable to take that same studio eq and give it a fairly wide bandwidth (low q) mid boost of just a dB or so. If you do this you may need to reduce the vol in the eq down a similar amount. Sort of like a make-up gain adjustment. Once you have that set up, then you could save that eq as a preset, and load it whenever you load another G1 profile to get them sounding similar again, that's how I would handle it anyway. Good luck.

OK I'm glad somebody else has the same observation then and it's not just my Kemper. I've tried your suggestions and they work really well - it's not that I'm at all surprised, it's just that I wanted to establish why they were so different before tweaking. I've contacted the seller also to see if there was any other eqing in his 'raw' clips.

Also I don't know how you set your pickup height but it might be worth checking out. For the past 15 years I have been angling my pickups so that they are father away on the bass side and it has helped tremendously with smoothing out low end during palm muting. I just set the pickup to 5/64” on the treble side and about 3/32” on the bass side, then tweak the bass side until I'm happy.

Thanks, I also do the same! My pickup is a fair amount further on the bass strings than the treble ones.

I really doubt that the original track by the profile seller didn't have a high pass filter to cut the bass frequencies for proper mixing. Even the bass guitar was mixed at very low volume (for my taste at least).
    I wouldn't compare my raw unmixed guitar tone to a profile where the sample audio is part of a mix with drums and bass.
    Getting back to clarity, aside from EQ, I would consider lowering the guitar pickup height away from the strings specially if the pickup pole pieces are very close (less than 1.5mm or 1/16 inch).

Ahh sorry to clarify - ignore the sellers video with the full band - on the right side of the page is raw guitar to compare to.

I also have my pickup quite far away from the low strings, I'd say 4-5mm away.

It's swamp ash with maple cap. If you think they're similar then I don't think your hearing what I'm hearing. The low end is much more controlled in the example clip.

As I said I realise I can tweak the profile. But if the profile is same, with no post processing should they be so vastly different?

I've had an ongoing frustration with the low end of high gain profiles. Particularly with palm muted riffing my Kemper sounds like the low end is really unpleasant sounding. This happens in 9 out of 10 profiles.

Here's an example: I bought the G1 Productions Purple Nightmare pack.

Listen to the example clip on here:

http://g1productions.com/product/driftwood/ -> Click on the AT23HE clip.

Now here's my clip - of something similar using the same profile.

https://drive.google.com/a/ing…zeHBRRWc/view?usp=sharing

I realise that we're using different guitars, but I get a similar experience with other guitars and other profiles. I could tweak it try and tune out the flubbiness, but I'm not sure that's the problem!

Please take a listen, see if you can hear what I mean. Clean and Distortion sens on 0db,

Thanks!

Using a spectrum analyser both the Kemper and the Behringer DI are similarly linear! However to my ears, I prefer the profiles I've created with the Kemper.

It was really hard for me to get the levels all the same micced up and make a really good comparison. I think the Behringer is sufficient though. Some might say just as good, but not me (-;

Thanks! Yes I did like it more - it seemed to sound more alive, and open. Bigger and smoother all round.

I realise it's not the point of the kemper power amp - so I bought a Matrix. I LOVE it - it just sounds better than the built in power amp. (Not in the same way as the 5153 power amp).

Yes I'm using it with a guitar cab, with the cab profile off. But I was comparing the sound of the 5153 into that cabinet, and a Direct Profile of a 5153 into the same cabinet. The built in power amp sounds the worst out of the 3 to my ears.

Just tried my powered Kemper through my 5153 power amp and it sounds soooo much better than the built in power amp!! I feel cheated Mr Kemper!!

I've been frustrated with high gain tones, where the low end chugs sounded like mush and lacked clarity and thump with the inbuilt power amp.

grrr ...heads over to Matrix website.... )-:

I do mostly hi gain and have no problems with my DI stuff. A Di box is a rather simple technical device. If the internal parts are not damaged and levels are within the given ranges i don´t see why there should be severe tonal differences.

I wouldn't say the Tonal difference are huge either, but there's definitely a difference comparing the behringer created direct profile with the real amp head. The kemper DI profiles are barely noticeably different to the real head.

I'm simply sharing my experience using my behringer box - you could well be right, mine could well be broken!! The only way I'd know is if I bought another behringer box lol

Hiya, here are my 3 files. One of them is the Behringer profile, another is profiled using the Kemper DI, and another profiled with the Kemper DI using the refining process.

I've included the Wavs using a Reamped guitar for consistency and the KIPR files for you to try.

I've merged them with a cab, but remember these were originally created as direct profiles of my 5153 50w head.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rt673zlnoiu37pl/Kemper DI test.rar?dl=0