Posts by chu

People also use the aux in to receive a mix from the FOH for the same purpose.

Don't forget, you can use the XLR main outputs and the main 1/4" outputs at the same time too.

I have have the band's wireless mixer in my rack with my Kemper, so use that for IEMs regardless of whether I have a FOH engineer and house PA or we bring our own.

Difference between a regular instrument cable, and a Speaker cable (for the Kabinet). This is why I waited a day. Kemper said the other cable would overheat. It was worth the 1-day wait.

I have always used speaker cables but most of the guitarists I know use anything. One in particular has always used a guitar cable, with Marshall 100w heads etc without any issue and regularly gigs and tours.

I'm not about to do the same as I have three speaker cables but i can no longer agree that there is a genuine difference. Certainly, weedy, cheap instrument cables might be a problem, especially with fine shielding as the second conductor. If that breaks the circuit damage might occur to a valve amp but a good quality instrument cable appears to be ok!

I don’t know what 2 is but at -15 to -20 dB or so it’s loud sure, but it’s not tight or deep enough for high gain fast thrash, metal, chugging, etc type playing.

Most people that play the really heavier stuff gravitate towards oversize 2x12s or more. If that is your preference, i can't imagine that there's any 1x12 vintage size cab that will suffice.

I do play heavier stuff but not metal and have gradually grown out of 4x12s, then 2x12s and am tempted by the Kabinet. With the current climate, I'm unlikely to be able to for a while and might hold off until I can try one anyway.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you, it is sad that a lot of people can't be bothered to read the official documentation and ask the most basic question on social media instead.

However, the official manual for the Kemper consists already of 329 pages of pure knowledge which I found incredibly useful when starting out with the Profiler and still consult on a regular basis when diving deeper into a specific functions. Therefore, I think a good official documentation is still important and super useful to those that do read the manual or at least consult it instead of bothering the support or other users - yes, we do exist ^^

The Powerhead was a hell of a lot of money for me. I tried to be sure that it was exactly what I needed to integrate into my existing rig and downloaded the manual before making my mind up. I read it thoroughly, pulled the trigger and have read it since. Despite the page count, it isn't actually that big and isn't written in a heavy text format, making it easy to work through.

I have zero sympathy for those that complain about missing functions they assumed it would have or lack of basic understanding through their choice not to do some research. Many almost pride themselves on not being the sort to read a manual.... Well, you get what you put in. It's not exactly hard work to scan your way through, picking up a few hints as you go!

There's already the widener effect but CK has stated that there are a couple of extra wideners (phase widener?) in progress.

The existing one also sums to Mono with no negative results.

I use the SPDIF in / out top connect my Kemper to a Helix (which can use the SPDIF like an FX loop if you stop using the 'multi' in and out at the start and end of each Helix FX chain), then into 70% of the technology known to man.

It works really well - and misses out a couple of rounds of ADA conversion to compensate for 3 miles of cabling.

FTFY ;)

Yay! Kemper Kabinet is released just before my holiday so I get to read about how wonderful it is long before I can get my hands on one!

no it has also some fixes for the release in it.
    read the release log.

Ahhh, right. When it first went up, the post didn't mention any fixes. It disappeared shortly after and I didn't see the changes when it came back ( at least that's how I recall it happening).

Either way, I don't get the issue. I'm very happy with the Kemper way and it seems to work for others too.

I've just relistened to the original clip in this thread. It sounds as good as or even better than most DI acoustic guitars to my ears. I've rarely heard a really nice sounding plugged in acoustic; I've been fooled whilst playing one, only to hear it played back and found it sounded almost nothing like what I was hearing. But I've seen artists on the biggest stages thrashing away at something which just doesn't sound like an acoustic guitar to me. If they're content, then the convenience of this will be very appreciated.

I'm a bit disapointed that fixes are only made in the Beta Version.
    I have never see this behavior by other companies.

Beta Versions means they are maybe not stable.

I will definitly NOT install a beta Versions to fix production issues.

This is a Beta in preparation for the Kone. Where does it state that it is a fix for production issues?

I don't get the criticism. I want to record an acoustic guitar, I use a mic. If I want to play a whole gig with an acoustic, i take an acoustic. If i want to play a gig with a few sections where i need to swap quickly between, I'll use this.

It sounds really good to me. Definitely not like a world class acoustic guitar in the room but enough to service the song and please the audience.

Until recently, delay could only go in the penultimate block . When they upgraded the delays, they gave us the ability to put delays anywhere but the constraint remained that the spillover was only from the last two effects blocks. I don't know why that is but I assume it's a restriction of the architecture.

I can't offer any advice on how to get around it if you're using two reverbs but I doubt it will change.

Thanks for the info ckemper.

I appreciate your point, but I still think that in certain circumstances such as a recording environment the ability to blend different speaker types within the same cabinets would be a cool feature. As I’m sure you know, many guitarists use mixtures of speakers in their cabinets, and the ability to change the sound (imprint) of some speakers whilst maintaining others would be really great – if a bit indulgent!

Still I appreciate that it would be technically difficult.

I'm certain that you could run a Kone from the speaker output of a Powerhead, the master output to a power amp into a different speaker. So yes, what you want to achieve should be possible but not of just the one cable from the speaker out.

And if you object to having to buy an external power amp to do this, you can always reamp multiple times with a different imprint each time and them mix to suit. But really, the point of the Kone is not recording. Capturing the Kone with a close mic is going to be really difficult, so a room mic would be preferred. And that is not a typical method for capturing guitar.

I think that your idea is more theoretical than actually useful in the real world.

I had a mimiq for a while. I tried it in the loop and post Kemper (between the XLRs and monitors. It did sound good for some things but had found it to have a negative effect at times. I sold it after a month or so.

Wow 7.5!, Why the h@ll are they allowing demos at this time. I'm looking forward to this feature.

People rant when Kemper don't discuss their plans and assume that the device is at the end of it's development. When they announce them, people rant that the wait is too long.

What we have as a released OS, was available to all of us as a beta for a month or two. Before that, it was available to beta testers, sworn to secrecy. Before that, it was available to employees for development. So there's a significant amount of time required before we get our hands on it and that brings it back to my first sentence....