Posts by Sorbz62

Hi guys,

I think this may be a levels issue but .......

I am using my Kemper unpowered head into a Switchblade with Eventide Eclipse and H9 and a Peavey 50/50 poweramp. The system sounds excellent through 2 guitar cabs but I am having a little problem with uncontrollable feedback when I turn off the cabs in any higher gain profile (as I am using guitar cabs). This is really annoying so I did a Switchblade preset with the Kemper straight into the power amp without any effects. Levels I set at 0db and it still happens.

any ideas why I am getting this and what I an do about it?

cheers,
    Jim

Hi guys,

I traded my Mark V for the Kemper (don't regret it at all!) and just wondered what everyone thinks is the best Mark V profile pack. I am looking for a pack which is dynamic and has profiles of all modes in all 3 channels. If there are DI profiles in it, even better as I play through a valve power amp and 4x12 sometimes.

Cheers Lads,
    Jim

Danke sehr Ingolf,

So that means I can profile my Bogner from the fx send to get a preamp only profile and from the line-out for a preamp + poweramp profile?

In that case I presume I can use the preamp only profile out to my valve poweramp and guitar cab AND the preamp+poweramp profile with any cab from other profiles for the DI signal?

Can I then merge the 2 profiles to enable me to have the preamp only on the monitor out and the preamp+poweramp on the main outs? Inotherwords a 'merged profile'

please excuse my ignorance but I have just got the Kemper and it is all sounding good.

Cheers,
    Jim

Hi guys,

I just recently fot my Kemper unpowered head and have found some great tones. I am using a Peavey 50/50 poweramp and guitar cabs to amplify it, which sounds great.

i now feel like profiling my rack preamps and the preamps of some of my heads but am confused a little with the difference between Direct profiles and Direct amp profiles. Am I correct stating the following:

1. A direct profile is preamp only and should sound the same through my setup as the original preamp.

2. A Direct Amp profile is from a speaker tap, profiling the pre- AND poweramp. This will sound different through my poweramp (2 x poweramps!) and will enable me to use different cabs withing the Kemper for outputting to headphones/PA/ FRFR etc.

3. Both profiling methods will have the cab light on even though the cab has not been profiled, as the Kemper cannot be differentiate between methods and I should leave it on otherwise the profile will sound different.

the reason for this is that I do not have a microphone and am using the poweramp setup. I want to use preamps only into my poweramp setup.

cheers,
    Jim

Welcome! The best way to hook it all up that I see is to go from guitar to Eclipse then to power amp/cabs, inserting the Kemper into the Eclipse's effects loop (if possible at all). This way you can have all the effects on both machines available and in the right chain order. Not sure if the Eclipse is transparent though, never tried one and you definitely don't want something squashing the Kemper's tones. The Voodoo lab is flexible enough to run them both almost any way you want. You may never need the Switchblade or pedals again. Nice setup!

Actually the Switchblade is the hub of my rack and will continue to be so. I am going to put the following in loops on it:

Kemper
    Eclipse
    H9
    GCX with pedals in loops
    Korg Tuner

... And the Ground Control Pro will control it all via midi. The switchblade is awesome and enables me to route my audio in any way. It also enables me to keep my dry path intact.

cheers,
    Jim

If you are switching between the tube amp and the Kemper, you can use a SoundSculpture Switchblade, which enables this easily. The amp is connected to its cab and all pieces of gear are connected to the Switchblade. You then use software (or the device itself) to route the signal wherever you want. It is an awesome piece of gear.

Cheers,
    Jim

hi guys,

i have just traded my Mesa Mark V head for a Kemper unpowered head plus FCB pedal and just wanted to ask the bst way to set it up for my particular rig to get the best sounds. I have a rack with a Peavey Classic 50/50 poweramp, Eventide Eclipse, Sound Sculpture Switchblade and some pedals through a Voodoo Labs GCX. These go out to 2 Marshall 1960 cabs.

I will connect the Kemper to a Switchblade in/out and use its Winblade software to control it as always and I am happy with that. My main question is which profiles would I need to use to sound best - merged, Direct, normal with cabs off? Any advice will be gratly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Jim