Posts by Serratus

I recorded this the other day to demo the guitar I've just built, all guitar tracks were done with Top Jimi Marshall profiles. One side of rhythm guitar was the Super Lead 68, the other side the Lee Jackson modded one.
    The solo's were the SL68 again but with some tweaking (EQ, treble booster, etc).

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I recorded this demo of the new Bareknuckle Cobra pickups, all done with the Kemper :)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:)

Cool :)

I've got my Cobra equipped guitar finished now so that'll get added to the second version of this test, and we've just ordered a Nailbomb for my sons guitar too. My next build is getting a Black dog, and I have a Juggernaut and Abraxas waiting for use :) So that makes five, might do the second version after I've got six to test, maybe a Blackhawk as I always wanted to try one and never have........:)

Thanks all!

There wasn't really any good reason for adding the Ibanez pickup to the test, except that I had the guitar there and I thought it'd be an interesting aside to include it. I'm gonna have another couple of BKP's ready to test soon and I might do a revised version of the video with those included and the Ibanez removed (because that'd make 8 BKP's in total then).

I've not had any problem with BKP's for clean sounds, except that maybe if cleans are really important then you'd want to pick the right model after some research, because you probably wouldn't want one of the higher output or really mid focused pickups - maybe one of the vintage-hot models?

:)

Yeah, it was a tricky decision, whether to adjust each profile's EQ to get them more similar to each other in overall tone.
    In the end I decided to just leave them as they were, but I could have brightened up the Suhr and Vox and darkened the Matchless a bit.
    FWIW my main rock profile for my band when we play live is a Suhr Badger profile, I really like it!

Recorded this for fun just to show some different profiles.
    A bit of Americana/rock played on a custom guitar with a Bareknuckle P90 in the bridge and single coil in the neck :)

I made a video with it and put it on YouTube :)

Recorded this track this morning - took about 3 hours from starting writing to finished master so it's not perfect, I just wanted to capture some EVH inspired riffs and solos! :)
    All the guitars were played through my Kemper amp straight into the DAW, no post EQ or fx, the only fx are on the programmed drums and the master.
    All guitars recorded using TopJimi's Super lead 68 profiles, tweaked a bit by me in the kemper :)
    Used an Evertune equipped 7-string for the rhythm guitars (all with a Bareknuckle Emerald bridge pickup), and all the solos with another 7-string with a Floyd (and a Bareknuckle Rebel Yell in the bridge).
    The Kemper really does make recording so easy! I'm not saying the song's perfect at all, but to get this sound straight in with no messing about really is brilliant (imho).

External Content soundcloud.com

External Content youtu.be

Did a quick vid just for the hell of it! A bit Van Halen, a bit Paul Gilbert, just not as tight!
    Used my Ibanez RG1527 (with the neck pickup cavity filled and a custom paint job), BKP Painkiller bridge pickup, Kemper with a Mesa mk3 rig, Zilla super fat boy cab, recorded on my phone

It's this guitar, before I changed the pickup to match my T-shirt!!
    [Blocked Image: http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m622/Serratus1/IMAG0408_zps3382c98c.jpg]

Some profiles will be louder depending on how it was profiled. You know what they say louder=better so some people try and make there profiles louder than the rest ;) I'd just turn the volume down for each profile and re save it. Some of my profiles have volume in the middle some lower and some higher. Id doesn't really matter :)

So if I just turn the volume down and save it, is that volume pre- the output? Ie, that will stop the output light flashing red?

Hi all,
    First post! Great forum, seems really friendly and helpful :)

I only got my Kemper PowerRack yesterday so I'm still getting my head round it, seems awesome so far. Please excuse me if this is a really basic question :/

I bought my Kemper from Thomann in Germany and got a USB stick with it that has 131 extra profiles on it. I've loaded them and some of them are really nice, but they are all really loud in comparison to all other rigs. They all push the output light into red when you dig in with the pick or play muted low strings.
    So I've looked at the rig volume and that is in the middle (ie, at 0) so it's not that that's set higher, so what's the most likely setting that's different for these rigs to all the others?
    Is there a sensitivity setting or something that they may have set much higher?
    And therefore what is the best way to reduce the volume of these rigs to get them more in line with the rest? Do I just use the volume? I didn't want to do that if it's likely another setting that's making them loud.

Thanks in advance for any help :)