Posts by stressfest

I've had an SLO and a Morse model. Bought a Kemper and A-B'd them. There's nothing the Kemper couldn't do that those heads could besides increase muscle mass carrying them around in road cases necessary. Sold all my amps except for my vintage stuff. I'm positive I will never regret it. World class recording engineers and producers can't tell the difference between a good profile and the actual amp in a multi million dollar studio with pristine monitor systems and listening environments so I'm pretty certain you won't either.

Absolutely 100% agree with you. I'm just a little old school, hate in ears, hate frfr .. so I just monitor out to the amp, a couple of 4x12's but line out to front of house. The Stage is primarily for fly gigs, festivals and such.. having the ability to take a snapshot of my tones and take them on the road, priceless.

I sold my toaster a few months back. Loved the thing but missed the valves and a roar of a 4x12 or 4... So I bought a SLO 100 and an ENGL E-656.

I don't regret my decision at all.

Oh, I have a Kemper Stage arriving tomorrow :D

It's one of the funny quirks of that amp. Even though you can technically change either channel into it's respective counterpart.. orange to red or red to orange, a little of the inherent character remains. It's been years since I had the pleasure of plugging into one, but I am fairly sure changing the red channel to the vintage setting gives it a nice balance of aggression and squish. At least to my ears! I still preferred the silicone though.. too much of a good thing is never enough haha

I used to run it as part of my W/D/W rig, slaving to an effects rack and going to a Strategy 500. Sounded mighty!!

Mate, I've been trying to find a decent recto sound for eons since I stupidly sold my Triple F Rev Recto years ago. I kick my own ass daily on a ritualistic basis lol

Orange 1 natural nails the tone for me. I used to run the red channel in orange mode or was it orange in red?? with quite a lot of mids, so you'd play an open G on a Les Paul and you'd get that 'roar'.. nothing has come closer that your profile. If you ever feel so inclined.. a profile of the afore mentioned orange/red or red/orange?? that would be beyond awesome.

Keep up the killer work and thank you!!!!

The thing that makes me laugh about this.. All the videos with blind tests over the years being barely, if at all to distinguish a real amp from a profile and now along comes the new kid and they're all pointing out the 'obvious' differences. I'll stay clear of these 'social influencers'.. my wallet will thank me for it.

NOOOO I hate you and love you at the same time...so jealous!!

I play in a Tribute to The Cult, Billy Duffy is obviously famous for playing one. I have the Electromatic version which is great but currently trying to aquire a full blown White Falcon..

I hear ya mate haha.. Been after one for ages myself. Best live tones I've ever heard was Billy playing through his modified Kolbe Marshalls into those TV cabs. Killer.

Killer playing and tones as always :) That is exactly how I run my setup, either monitor out to the GT1000FX into a couple of 4x12's or slaved into my ENGL Morse if I need more girth.. I've deleted all my other rigs and profiles and just use the XTC exclusively now. It nails all the tones I need and more importantly is 99% of how my old 101B used to sound. Just awesome ;)

Hey Tills.. my hard drive failed and I lost the CabLab, Chimera and those free Marshall profiles. Any chance you could flick me an email with the download links again? I know one of my orders was numbered #2015893 to narrow it down.I've also left you a message on your website :)

Thanks mate