Posts by AlexanderS

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is doing good.
    I have tried the other day writing a song based on the Anthems Mockup and style. So the same setup was used. Here is my approach. Hope you like it.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hi there,
    of course, it is a profile on an Engl Fireball 100. In general I can´t say, it depends so much on the metalstyle and context of music, for this kind of sound I think Engl is a good choice I have to say, but you can also go for something else like a Mesa Mark IV or something. The Kemper is great also for black metal. However here is a complete Playthrough of thus spake the Nightspirit. Still I need to figure out some few keyparts and the very later drumparts have to be still performed. But anyways hope you have a blast with this one:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hello Guys,

Here is a very short preview of Acclamation of Bonds, feedback as always appreciated. Happy Banging! :)

Glad you enjoyed the previews so far, nightlight.

Today morning I started with this one..

The tempo btw is not constant, it is a bit going up / down which I have done on purpose to maintain a bit more the feeling recording without click.

I wish you a nice start of the week, folks.
    -Alex

Hi Robrecht,

Cool, Today I was recording the rest of Ye Entrancemperium, and also the Wanderer Song. Yeah..the Empty Cover was recorded last year and earlier this year the vocals..thank you. Here is the preview to Ye Entrancemperium complete:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wh42…_Entrancemperium.mp3?dl=0

and here the short versions, unfortunately I can´t up them in complete on sc because I am recently running out of minutes.

Of course there are still 2 more songs to go and I have to fine tune and shape a little bit everything to make it imperfectly perfect.. but that is on my schedule when I am done with the recordings.

Thanks. I am planning to cover the whole album, actually I have done a couple of more songs with the same profiles, which you can find here:

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick Cover of the old classic Emperor Song done with the Kemper Amp. Hope you enjoy. My approach was also to approximate the old Grieghallen Pytten Sound as I am still a fan of such kind of sound.

-Alexander

Hello Everyone,

Here is another Song I did using the kemper Amp:

Setup: 2 Guitars tracked, 100 left / right using a "Engl Fireball" from choptones. Guitar is an Ibanez RG 2228 + EMG 808, Bridge PU. Bassguitar (Ibanez) is also recorded with the kemper - profile "IC4SVT Bassive" from the Ic4man series.

Any recommendations on the mix?

Thanks,

Alex_

Hello ,

Today morning I started writing new material in my studio:

Setup: 2 Guitars tracked, 100 left / right using a free "Fireball Metal 1" from the Rig User Exchange (slightly tweaked to my desires). PU´s are EMG 808 in an
    Ibanez RG 2228 Prestige. Bassguitar is also recorded with the kemper - profile "IC4SVT Bassive" from the Ic4man series. :)

Any recommendations on the mix :?:

Thanks a lot,

Alex

Hello there,

I am pretty new with my Kemper Amp and I would like to know how you treat that issue:

Is it possible to record guitars into your daw with the kemper and recording both the dry signal and the amp signal at the same time?

I am just asking because I would like to be more flexible adding / switching amps later within a production and so I would need still the dry signals.

Of course I could use a vsti and record the guitars with a "demosound" and then reamp the clean guitars later with the Kemper.

Thanks for throwing your ideas in.

Hi there,

my name is Alexander and I bought the Kemper Head in Black end of June 2015, because I had to produce a Black Metal band and I wanted to try out something fresh and new.
    In the process of learning to know the amp I also did a musical Cover of one older Songs of the Band "Samael". For the cover I used one profile from Deadlight Studios (Engl Savage 120 SE) and for the Bass Darkglass B7K.

And here how it sounds like:

I hope you enjoy the cover and if you have questions / Suggestions feel free to write.

Thx,

_Alex