Posts by MBE

I believe Sam Pura did some profiles of his. It was part of the creative live class, but you'd have to research it to verify those were the profiles you were looking for... and of course you'd have to pay for the class to gain access to them.

Creative live

Hope this helps some.

That is actually quite helpful. I'm looking at the description but I don't see confirmation anywhere that the profiles he makes are given for download. Maybe I'll email them to check. The price for the lessons will be a good deal if it comes with the profiles, but I don't want to gamble with the money without confirming the profiles are included.

Have any third parties/professional studios made a profile of a JCM800 with a cascading gain mod like the famous "Dookie" mod used by Green Day?

I love JCM800 profiles for the majority of my higher gain tones but haven't seen this mod profiled yet. I know that turning up the gain or hitting the front with a boost gives a similar effect, but it's a little different than profiling an amp that has the mod. Has anyone seen this mod profiled?

The Amp Factory "Finale" (Pack 10) covers all these bases with ease. My absolute favourite pack ever. All my current go-to profiles used that pack as the base.

I might be a Luddite, but I like sticking with a guitar tone. Yes, you can reamp for endless possibilities, but at some point you have to commit. So many great recordings have been made by recording a great sounding amp with great mics in a great room. The Kemper offers us the great amp, great mic and great room in a single profile with a setup time of 5 minutes instead of 5 hours.

I have been in many scenarios where people re-amped over and over, and there haven't been too many times that I thought "man, this is so much better than where we started". The few times that was true, didn't involve the Kemper - it was blending amps from Line6 gear and various plugins to compensate for the deficiencies of the modeling technology.

I have my Kemper tones dialed in so that I know what I'm going to get. No need to mess around beyond that (for my purposes). I do respect the people with the diligence to make complex and great tones from multiple amps panned perfectly, and that can sound great when you're good at it! But I am not one of those people, personally.

Welcome, MBE!

Yeah, that one's out of the box, so to speak. I don't know what happened to the skins options either, I'm afraid.

I contacted Mojotone regarding options and was informed that they can do the cab in any tolex/piping/foot/handle permutation - and immediately added a configurator to the web page. Cool! Thinking hard about this one now.

I know Happy Kemper Skins has made lunchbox skins looking like amps (marshall, vox, mesa, etc), and that someone on the forum made rack skins at some point, but all the threads I've seen have been old, and I contacted HKS via the e-mail on their Facebook page without answer, so I figured I'd check here.

I'm looking for an amp-like (blackface Fender, or classic Marshall) skin for a Kemper Rack that's going into a Gemini H cab on top of my Mission 1 cab, for a "stealth"/amp-like Kemper look. Pointless? Kind of. But fun nonetheless!

If anyone is making these skins, please point me in their direction.

Thanks!