Posts by Guitarjazzman

I'm in the UK but looks like they are available here too.

Good point about the audience hearing the sweet spot or not. I was thinking stereo being more helpful for solo and duo gigs to help give a bigger guitar sound when I am the only instrument. Lots to think about with this new piece of gear!

Another FRFR contender... thanks for making me aware of the rcf cab.

I don't own an FRFR cab yet as the one I tried was borrowed from a singer. Do you use just one rcf cab? Two would obviously be a huge expense, but I am thinking about the advantages of stereo effects.

I have recently purchased a Kemper and am loving it so far!

I used it through two DXR12 speakers at a rehearsal last night and it sounded good, although slightly boomy. I have been reading that most users are liking the DXR10 or Atomic CLR cabs.

The first question (asked many times before) is which of the two choices should I buy? Any help in deciding would be greatly appreciated as they are vastly different in price.

Next question is do users of FRFR cabs mainly have one cab or a pair for stereo? I presume one for monitoring purposes if a PA is involved, but does anyone out there play in a solo/duo/etc. situation with Kemper and FRFR cabs and does stereo make a huge difference?

I gig in many different styles and mainly use Strat and Vox AC30 for band gigs and Archtop through Polytone for solo, duo, trio, etc jazz gigs. I also play in a duo with a vocalist using my Archtop which requires more acoustic "zing", so in this situation, I also use a DPA 4099 gooseneck microphone on the Archtop mixed with DI when playing at larger venues through a PA.

I am thinking that Kemper and FRFR cab (or cabs) can cover:

Band gigs - Main out to FOH with either in ear monitoring or FRFR monitoring.
    Jazz gigs - use of stereo would potentially give a much larger sound, especially playing solo or with a vocalist.
    "Pop" duo gigs - Kemper for pickup sound mixed with DPA microphone on guitar body, both through FRFR and/or FOH.
    As a bass amp.
    For recording.

If my plan is successful, the Kemper and FRFR (one or two?) will be able to replace a ton of other gear! I love my AC30 (hardwired version) with the Strat and don't want to sell it, although will need funds to pay for all the other gear so might have to!

Thanks and sorry for the long post, although I figured I would get all my thoughts down in one hit!