Posts by Guitarjazzman

I am extremely angry and annoyed about what has happened to my Kemper! Having purchased a Kemper Profiler and wanting to look after it the best I can, I decided to purchase the official Kemper bag. The bag is quite expensive but I always look after my gear and I always purchase good cases to protect my equipment, so I decided to go for the official bag.

Whilst walking from my car to the venue last night, I had the Kemper Bag over my shoulder using the shoulder strap. To my horror, one of the "high quality metal fittings for the shoulder belt" broke and my Kemper fell to the floor. I now have a bag with a hole punched in the bottom from the Profiler and a damaged corner of my Profiler, not to mention the damage that might have been done inside the Profiler due to the sudden impact with the floor.

If I had not transported my Profiler in the bag and carefully placed it in my car whenever I took it to a gig, I would now have an undamaged Profiler. As you can see from the photo attached, the metal used to make the fitting is in no way strong enough to hold the unit as I have now found out. If a strap comes with a bag, it must be strong enough to hold the contents that it is designed to hold!

Has this happened to anybody else? Does anybody know where I stand on this issue as the defective bag that was designed for use with the Kemper has caused my Profiler to be damaged?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am so frustrated and angry about this as my equipment is always very well looked after and I hate damage of any sort.

Not sure where to post this question but I am updating a website on which I would like to use images of Kemper gear. I could take photos of my own gear, but was wondering are there any royalty free images that I am allowed to use?

When I purchased my KPA, I wasn't sure if I would be using it live as I had an incredible array of sounds with my Vox AC30HW and satisfying collection of pedals. As I needed something to control the KPA live and didn't want to spend a fortune, I picked up a Behringer FCB1010 for £30 second hand and installed a Uno4Kemper chip and started using the KPA at gigs. The setup has gone way beyond my expectations and I now have an AC30 that I don't want to sell, but don't think I will be using it any more as the KPA is amazing!

As the KPA has been such a huge success, I decided to purchase the Profiler Remote and a Mission EP1-KP. Both products arrived a couple of days ago and I have not been able to fire everything up until tonight. I am usually gigging on Saturday nights, but tonight was a night off and my wife was out. I have a bad cold and feel pretty awful, but man flu did not stop me trying my new gear. I plugged everything in, poured a large glass of red wine (for medicinal purposes obviously) and for the past couple of hours have been setting everything up.

I probably shouldn't be typing this now as many large glasses of red wine have now been drunk but what a great way to spend a Saturday night! The Profiler Remote is such a great addition to the KPA. So easy to program and I have been experimenting with some great new sounds. I was limited with the FCB1010 and haven't used the KPA anywhere near to its full potential. I am really looking forward to the next gig with this new setup. Being able to see what bank I am using from the display will be extremely helpful as I have run into problems experimenting with new sounds using the FCB1010 when switching to the incorrect bank. The Mission EP1-KP feels so much better than the pedals on the FCB1010 and the switch to turn on wah, pitch shift, etc is much more user friendly. I have a Boss looper on my pedalboard and looper functionality in a TC Electronics pedal, although never really used them. The looper in the Kemper Remote is actually going to be used. I have been having fun with it in the last few hours and I can see its potential as a useable tool.

One big advantage to using the Profiler Remote is that it fits in the Kemper bag. I have been reading a few posts on this topic and wasn't sure if it would fit, but it does! It is quite a tight fit, although it sits on top of the KPA and I can zip up the bag. A beer towel is sitting between the KPA and the Remote to protect them both. It has been a pain having to carry the FCB1010 separately and with my DXR10 in a bag with shoulder strap means it is one trip from the car to the stage. After many years of gigging, I feel that is a very important factor to consider when purchasing new gear.

As stated previously, probably not a good idea to post a review after a sizeable intake of red wine but the excitement of my new Kemper Remote and Mission EP1-KP just needed to be put out there. So looking forward to the next gig!!

So I tried all ground switches out except the monitor out ground switch last night. A horrendously loud noise started coming out of my DXR10 (the same as I had with a previous DXR10 that I thought was faulty) in the sound check. I changed the monitor ground switch to the out position and the noise stopped. I think I have a KPA problem!

I sent the following message to Kemper product support and thought I would post the message on here also to see if anybody else has had a similar problem.

When using the monitor output of my Kemper into my DXR10, it is very noisy and picks up a lot of interference. There is a swirly electrical whooshing sound which gets worse the closer I move the Kemper to the DXR10.

A friend recently purchased a Kemper and brought it to my studio this evening to compare. With the ground switch out, a similar noise can be heard and when the ground switch is in, the noise stops. When testing my Kemper, there is no consistency to the noise being present with the ground switch in or out. I have always used the Kemper with the ground switch pushed in. To begin with, having the ground switch out stopped the noise and I thought the problem had been solved. When pressing the ground switch further times, the noise is sometimes present with the switch in, out or both. We swapped the two Kempers over quite a few times and my friend's unit was always noise free with the ground switch pushed in. Does this mean that I have a faulty ground switch?

Thanks @paults. I did learn something quite important last night regarding noise. I have been putting my DXR10 on an Auralex GRAMMA and putting my KPA in front of it on the GRAMMA too. There were strange electrical swirling noises coming from my KPA last night. I moved the KPA away from the DXR10 and the noises stopped. Don't know why I didn't think of this simple solution before!

I use the same as you - input 2 and input level around the -8 setting. Anyone I know using DXR10s for FOH set the level to 0 (straight up) and adjust the volume via the input feed. If I set the DXR10 level that high, it is extremely noisy. I just wondered if using something like a TRS cable would provide shielding, although I am probably talking nonsense! :)

I have been using my KPA for a while and have a basic question that I can't seem to find a definitive answer for.

I have the two main XLR outputs going to FOH and monitor out to my DXR10. When playing solo and duo gigs, I have only monitor out to my DXR10.

My DXR10 is quite noisy. I replaced my DXR10 recently as the LED wasn't working (I know you can turn it off) and it let me down at a gig when it suddenly started to hum very loudly. Even with the new DXR10, it is much noisier when using the monitor out compared to main out XLR. It also picks up electrical noise such as pops when somebody plugs in gear, the coffee machine at the venue is being used, etc.

And to my basic question...

Do I use a regular guitar cable from monitor out on the KPA to channel two on the DXR10 or will I have better results with a different cable? Not sure if TRS or anything else would be better so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks @Dorrus, that looks like a great idea. I have the head version, so it would not work as well for me to use a music stand. Must be good to have the KPA close by to tweak at the gig.

Thanks Stefan, good to know the idea is a possibility. The Sommer cable sounds like an excellent solution. I just need to decide on some good quality in ear headphones.

If I also purchase the Kemper remote to replace my FCB1010 and it fits in the Kemper bag, I will only need to take guitar and one bag to the gig. This is getting better and better! :)

One band in which I play has a desk with two possible feeds for in ear monitoring. The drummer takes one feed into a separate small mixer into which he mixes samples and the other channel is vocal heavy for the two singers who take a wireless feed.

I was thinking at a gig last night if I could take an auxiliary output from the drummer's small mixer, feed that into the KPA auxiliary input and mix this with guitar in the KPA to an in ear mix for me. I wouldn't need to be wireless as I am tethered by my guitar cable anyway, so could use cable ties and join the headphone cable and guitar cable together.

Does anybody already use this method successfully? If not, will it be a good solution? The obvious answer is to try it although I do not have suitable headphones and would need to purchase a pair. The other obvious solution is to buy a new desk, although that is not my department!

I have read a few posts on stands for the non-rack, non-powered KPA but haven't found a solution yet. I currently have my KPA in front of my DXR10 (on it's side, angled up) and they are both on an Auralex GRAMMA. I am in constant fear of kicking it so thought I would think of a stand solution. This came to mind - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tiger-…ifier-Stand/dp/B002GOHDEO. The only downside is that it could get knocked off the stand, so a bungee rope could help.

Any better solutions?

Thanks!

Aha, just found this:

With a small bag for an expression pedal, carrying gear in and out of the venue should be even easier. Not a big job connecting the DVP3 to the remote when setting up (which I presume I can do and not have to connect it directly to the KPA).

Good to hear that you are both happy with the choice and have not felt the need to change. I also need to figure out the most efficient setup to save time setting up and packing away. My old pedal board was a joy to use as it was extremely easy to set up. A case/bag pedal board type of thing with a shoulder strap for the Remote and DVP3 is what I need to find. I do love walking from the car to the stage in one trip with KPA, DXR10, FCB1010, guitar, GRAMMA and stand. I look a bit overloaded on the way in, but one trip saves time and frustrates the other band members! ;)