Posts by mightypudge

In case anyone missed it the first time.

I find it puzzling and irritating that the amount of money I choose to charge for MY work excites you so much that you decide to go out of your way and keep arguing.
    if 50$ is too much for you, just move on...simple as that.

Pardon me, but you were the one who reference pricing right in your first post. You acknowledge the price is way more than most of us ever pay for profiles, so clearly you anticipated there would be a discussion. Don't bait the hook and then act surprised that the fish are biting.

I'm confused as well. Description states a big part of the overall sound is the cabinet, but you say this is a direct profile which implies no cabinet.

This is a weird post. $50 for a single profile must be a joke, right?

Not that I'm "going out of my way to complain." I certainly wouldn't want to branded a "pathetic twat" by a complete stranger. I might lose sleep over that.

Not to talk you out of your decision, but did you try any third party cabinet IR's with the Helix before coming to your conclusion? I had heard quite a few folks found success with Ownhammer IR's.

"Woah" was pretty much my reaction at my second gig as well. My first gig was ruined by...

Almost no time to soundcheck, plugged in the 4x12 cab on stage, told the confused sound guy to forget about his microphones and just give me an XLR to run to front of house, disabled master volume link and monitor cab. Boom, I was set up in 3 minutes!

A "confused sound guy" which is a redundant term around here.

No joke, at my first gig the sound guy took one look at the Kemper rack and stared at the front panel for like three minutes. He could not figure out where to put the microphone. This was after I showed him the direct outs on the back and told him what they were for. Halfway into the first song he suddenly realizes there is no guitar coming out of FOH, so he runs up on stage and puts a microphone in front of the bass cabinet sitting next to my rack. Of course this has no effect. It took the guy three songs to realize he had the channel muted at the board.

Ben, I feel your pain.

After my iMac goes to sleep, when I wake it up and launch RM it won't find the Kemper. I always have to restart for them to see each other. As long as the iMac stays active it's fine, but if I decide to play later tonight I know my iMac will be asleep and when I wake it up I will have to restart in order to use RM.

I've tried different cables and ports. No help. And I am not connected to a hub. Those things are shaky.

Your experience may be different from mine.

I'm pretty damn happy with my Kemper. But I would definitely like to see some improvements to Rig Manager. Namely, it would be great to have more of a filter-based search function.

I have over 7700 profiles in my collection. Let's say I want to quickly find all Friedman amp profiles that were matched with a Marshall cabinet. Right now I have to enter "Friedman" into the search box, then start scrolling until I find those that were done with a Marshall cabinet.

What I am envisioning is like an iTunes style column-based search, where you first pick the amp, then the cabinet, then whether it's boosted or not, then maybe even the mic used.

Whatchoo think?

Michael Britt released a handful of Gibson Lab Series profiles, which are a good starting point.

There are a lot of ingredients to that tone, including Ty's fingers and some very obscure effects. I believe he used an ART multi-effects unit for chorus and delay. I had the same unit for years and could never get it to sound that awesome.

Ty's Strat Elite was another big factor in that tone.