Posts by mightypudge

I guess if you are using it for an entire song and have no need to turn it on or off mid-tune, that will work.

It's a minor sacrifice to maintain that "mightypudge OCD approved super clean rig" you've achieved. :)

Just my personal opinion, but I would think this pedal (or any pedal like it) would track poorly if placed in the effects loop. You'd want to feed it the cleanest signal possible in order to ensure the best tracking. I think feeding this a distorted signal might throw it off.

I speak from experience - I placed my Pitchfork pedal right after my tuner and it worked fine. However placing it after my overdrive pedals affected its tracking.

Does Digitech suggest placing this pedal in a loop or in front of the amp?

Thanks a lot Motley Crue for recording 90% of your songs down 1 whole step!

Ha! Precisely why I bought the damn Pitchfork, to play a couple of Crue tunes. They went over so well we couldn't in our right minds drop them from the set.

When I replaced my entire rig (amp and pedalboard) with the Kemper, I was so happy it had the Transpose feature. And honestly it did a fine job. You and I know and hear the difference, but the 100 drunks in the crowd could not care less about my tone. :)

@munch man - I have had similar problems recently where sporadically I will turn on the Kemper and launch RM and they won't see each other. Sometimes unplugging the USB cable from the Kemper or iMac helps, sometimes a restart helps. Eventually they see each other.

Good luck!

My honest opinion: The Transpose feature is about as good as the Korg Pitchfork pedal. It's certainly not a transparent effect but with the whole band playing you might be able to get away with it. Out of three sets (36 tunes) I used the Transpose feature on two songs (one song tuned up 3 half steps, the other down a whole step) and it was fine. Cheaper than buying a new guitar just to play two songs.

Not sure I would have played a whole set like that, but then I am an annoying perfectionist with OCD.

Yeah, immediately following my purchase of the Kemper I could not stop squawking about how I awesome I thought it was. Most of my guitar playing friends probably got a little tired of my ravings after a while. :)

Hearing a stellar word of mouth referral is exactly why I took the plunge and bought the Kemper in the first place. I was trying to sell one of my tube combo amps and I approached someone who had shown some interest in the amp a few years ago. He flat out told me his days of carrying tube amps were over and went on to extoll the virtues of his Kemper. He is a very busy working guitarist that plays in a popular tribute band so he frequently plays large venues. He told me he bought two Kempers (one as a backup) several years ago and has never looked back.

@alex_it

This is just my personal opinion but I have a feeling the guitar is the culprit. I am a long time Strat player and what I am hearing in your clips sounds very familiar to me. I used to experience the same type of sound when using my Strat with overdrive or distortion tones.

Here is a tip I learned from a very well respected local luther and guitar builder. Lower your pickups. I can't give you an exact measurement as all pickups are different, and it will vary depending on your style. But definitely try bringing them down a touch. Also I would suggest angling them so they are lower on the bass side as those strings create a wider arc when vibrating. Another tip is to have the neck pickup lower than the middle, and the middle lower than the bridge pickup. Again, this is to accommodate the fact that the arc is wider further down the string length.

Some amps attenuate the problem more than others which is why you may not experience this issue with every profile.

Give it a try and see if it makes a difference.

Hey folks.

Over the past few months I've spent a good deal of time learning about my new Kemper Profiling Amp; reading the manual, visiting the forum, and getting some good hands-on experience in both live and recording situations. So far it has been incredibly rewarding and the results speak for themselves. My recordings sound better than I ever dreamed they could, and I get constant compliments on my tone at gigs.

I've learned a lot in the past few months, so from one satisfied user to another, here is the best advice I can offer any new users out there. Feel free to add your own tips.

• Read the manual. In my opinion the KPA is fairly easy to use, but it's also a very deep and complex piece of hardware/software with tons of features. It's worth spending some time with the manual to understand it all. You'd be surprised how many "problems" can be solved with a quick turn of the dial.
    • Tweak the profiles. Preferably at rehearsal with the band. While there are tons of choices and it should be fairly easy to find a profile that works with a variety of guitars, pickups, etc., not every profile will work in every situation. Find a profile you like but it has too much low end for your guitar? Turn down the bass. Too much gain? Back it down. Too bright or stiff? Adjust the definition. Remember, not every profile can possibly fit every situation. Experiment!
    • Check your signal chain. Noise, hum, rattle, buzz, etc. These annoyances can happen in a variety of places. Before you throw your Kemper out the window, use the process of elimination to locate the issue. The KPA is rarely the only element in your signal chain. Think about it; old strings, uneven frets, poorly setup guitar, unpotted pickups or bad wiring/shielding, bad cables, interfaces clipping...there are a lot of things that can make noise! Here's a tip: Sitting two feet from your computer using high gain pickups with high gain profiles might be a touch noisy. :)
    • Set realistic expectations. There are things the Kemper can do, and things it cannot. Do you expect your car to work perfectly under water? :)

Rock on!

The eagle has landed! And it's quite a beast. I only got to spend just a few minutes with her so far, but I can tell she's a keeper.

I used a @sinmix Bash profile for this clip. No post processing. I have work to do.

And...go!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.