Posts by LukeAZAde

Hi again, thanks for the input everyone.

Paults, I said in my original post we have tried the Mono Out, and i was as surprised as you will probably be to learn that we STILL got a stereo signal from the Kemper..

I know, I know.. i understand, it's 'impossible' right? Well, unfortunately it's not. I checked the settings I changed the output to 'Mono Out' on the Kemper etc.

The track records, the track it records onto is MONO, the input is set to MONO, the Kemper is MONO out... Yet the guitar image will NOT move with the pan control in Cubase.

I had no idea, absolutely no clue as to why this is happening, thats why I came here..

So please guys.. Whats next?

Thanks,

Art

Err.. Sorry getting confused now.

I was asked to show the channel... And I did that.

All inputs from the Focusrite are connected, I am just 'showing' whats connected to try and solve my problem.

Yes, when I create a channel in Cubase it is Mono, it is plugged into the front of my focusrite on Channel 5 (in this instance)

These channels work perfectly for everything else BUT the Kemper. We can not get a mono source through the same channels (that normally work perfectly in mono) with the kemper plugged in.

As I Say I'm sure we are doing something wrong but unsure what.

Obviously we need help, I hope this is enough.

Thanks

Art

As requested.

Not sure exactly what you want to see but here's a song we finished recently. In this instance its the same guitarist, different sounds that we wanted top pan left and right.

We were able to make that happen by 'monitoring' the input within Cubase and panning it as we recorded.

Surely this is NOT the way to do it? For instance, we want to use the direct monitoring that our Focusrite interface uses. HAVING to use 'monitor' just introduces latency that we dont want.

Anyway, here is the pic.

[Blocked Image: https://s2.postimg.org/60kqdzuvt/Kemper_Help.jpg]

Hi everyone,

I am using the Kemper more and more now and have started recording a band that has two guitarists.

We recorded a couple of songs and they went home... I tried to split the signal of their guitars to left and right but the output coming from the kemper was 'stereo' on both 'mono' inputs within Cubase.

I was unable to move the guitars anywhere from 'center'

I had them come back, we checked everything.

Mono channels in Cubase

Mono outputs set on Kemper.

Yet STILL we got a stereo output from the Kemper.

Changed to Monitor Out.

STILL a stereo signal from Kemper.

Whats going on here? I simply want mono sources that I can pan hard left and right for two different guitarists in a band. All I get are guitars STUCK to the center of the stereo field no matter what I do.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong.. Probably something dumb... But regardless I need help.

Thanks

Art

Hi everyone, I hope you can help me.

A friend and I have recently set up a project studio and want to use the Kemper which has never been updated since bought.

We installed rig manager today and it said we need to update the firmware on the profiler.

We downloaded the latest kaos.bin put it on the usb stick that was in the back of the kemper (already formatted by the kemper and had relevant folders) and put it in the kemper.. Nothing.

Reboot Kemper and PC.. Nothing, no 'on screen instructions' as the PDF suggests.

Can someone help us please?

Thanks

Bay Sound