Posts by majvlasic

Hello!

As the name of the thread says I have been searching for a setting in Kemper that would result in a similar effect like closing the Tone knob on a Stratocaster guitar. I tried using EQ to the best of my ability and various amp settings, but just wasn't as successful as I wanted to be. I am looking for this, because I like my clean setting more with a closed tone and because I keep switching between clean and overdrive sounds so I would just prefer to have a clean preset saved like I want it, instead of constantly doodling with the Tone knob on my strat.

I would appreciate any guidelines on how to best achieve it.

Best Regards! :)

Hey guys!

I saw an add for a Fender Strat 1965 Time machine series and I'm wondering what is it's value. It says it is old approx 10 years old.

Here are other features:

BODY Select Alder

NECK Maple, '65 "C" Shape,

(Nitro-Cellulose Lacquer Finish)

MACHINE HEADS Fender/Gotoh® Vintage Style Tuning Machines

FINGERBOARD Round Laminated Rosewood, 7.25" Radius (184 mm)

NO. OF FRETS 21 Vintage Style Frets

PICKUPS 3 Custom '65 Single-Coil Strat Pickups

CONTROLS Master Volume:

Tone 1. (Neck Pickup),

Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)

BRIDGE American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo

PICKUP SWITCHING 3-Position Blade:

Position 1. Bridge Pickup

Position 2. Middle Pickup

Position 3. Neck Pickup

HARDWARE Nickel/Chrome

SCALE LENGTH 25.5" (648 mm)

WIDTH AT NUT 1.650" (42 mm)

UNIQUE FEATURES "C" Shape Maple Neck,

'65 Transition Logo,

Narrow dot spacing,

I'm not sure if this is the right part of the forum and if you have any ideas of a better site where to ask this question I would appreciate a good link. I posted here because i'm kinda used to the community and appreciate your's opinion :)

well currently i'm using a yamaha dxr-10 monitor on stage and I hear KPA very well. Soon I will transition to ear monitors because I want to protect my ears beacuse the set can be really loud at times and I like to boost my backing vocals in my monitors so I can hear.
    he thing is, to my ears, the sound of KPA is very different on my monitor towards the sound of the whole set.
    Currently i'm using Michael Wageners profiles and I don't think i'm using a lot of gain (I think max is about 6.7 but that is when I really want a gainy sound).
    I was recently listening to some youtube clips of MBritt when he uses his profiles and they sound really better than my settings, so I am thinking I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks for the kind reply :)

Hey guys!
    I would really apreciate to hear your input on how to tweak profiles so they sound better with a es-335 style guitar (guitar I actually use is a Fujigen Masterfield). I am not 100% about what should I be changing. In recent gigs I have a problem that my sounds sound like an amp on really low master volume and doesn't develope a good sound.

Looking forward to your advice,

M

thanks for the kind replies!

I would like to ask.. is it a good idea to record a live gig from the mixer, and at home tweek the kemper that the sounds fits into the mix or would be that just a waste of time? :)

Hey guys!

I apologize in advance if I will start a topic that has been debated already, but so far I haven't found a similar one so here it goes.
    I play in a commercial band where I play variety of different styles. I play some pop, country, rock/ blues (Gary Moore),...
    Before I got kemper I had many amps and now even with the kemper I have realized I have absolutely no clue on how to make an overall good sound that fits into the mix, sounds well with the whole band. I play on a fender stratocaster and on the semi - hollowbody guitar and I realized my tone shouldn't be as bad because the equipment I own because others have gotten a nice tone with a similar equipment.
    So my question is how to make kemper sound good in the mix, make it cut through the mix, how should I do the eq-ing of the sounds. Currently I have been using a yamaha - dxr 10, because I have got many recommendations that it works well with the kemper... is this a good idea or is it a big difference when using a cabinet instead of monitors.

Thank you for the answers, looking forward to hearing from you :)