adjusting kemper sound on a semi hollowbody style guitar

• Hey guys!
    I would really apreciate to hear your input on how to tweak profiles so they sound better with a es-335 style guitar (guitar I actually use is a Fujigen Masterfield). I am not 100% about what should I be changing. In recent gigs I have a problem that my sounds sound like an amp on really low master volume and doesn't develope a good sound.

Looking forward to your advice,

M

• well currently i'm using a yamaha dxr-10 monitor on stage and I hear KPA very well. Soon I will transition to ear monitors because I want to protect my ears beacuse the set can be really loud at times and I like to boost my backing vocals in my monitors so I can hear.
    he thing is, to my ears, the sound of KPA is very different on my monitor towards the sound of the whole set.
    Currently i'm using Michael Wageners profiles and I don't think i'm using a lot of gain (I think max is about 6.7 but that is when I really want a gainy sound).
    I was recently listening to some youtube clips of MBritt when he uses his profiles and they sound really better than my settings, so I am thinking I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks for the kind reply :)

• Hi, it's not easy to get a good tone on a hollow with the KPA, usage of pass band EQ and comp really helps. Main problems are boomy basses or dull tone. I've been working on a solution for weeks and ended up making my own profiles for my hollows, available as a commercial pack (check my signature) with demos.

I had to narrow each tone I wanted to have in my tone arsenal, and profile specifically for my HB & P90 hollows, with very good results and the whole gain range range from very clean to fat lead tone.

I think ATM.JB.drive.chordal (free) on rig exchange is a good starting point, this one fit most guitars and has a good transparency , for mix or live, also check the lead tone I made out of it (ATM.JB.drive.chordal.lead) : JB means Jazzbox.

I don't think the freebies have all the FXs (EQ or Comp) but you can make your own settings pretty easily, also adjust definition & clarity to your needs.

• Can you be more specific as to what you don#t like about your sounds with your semi hollowbody?

I'm using low to medium gain profiles (predominantly the Morgan AC20 profile) with all my guitars (from Tele/Strat (SC's) to Les Paul junior (P90's) to LP (PAF's) to Gretsch (Filtertron's) without the need to tweak them.

• Hey guys!
    I would really apreciate to hear your input on how to tweak profiles so they sound better with a es-335 style guitar (guitar I actually use is a Fujigen Masterfield). I am not 100% about what should I be changing. In recent gigs I have a problem that my sounds sound like an amp on really low master volume and doesn't develope a good sound.

Looking forward to your advice,

M

There is no issue with semi-hollows or even hollow body guitars - I have a couple of those and they sound fine. Your issues arise from something else.
    - find profiles that work better for you, there are Michael Britt profiles in the factory content - if that's what you like, why not use those?
    - audition these profiles at levels that are the same as your gigging/rehearsal levels

hth