Posts by spikey

Please excuse for the copy & paste- I looked for a back-story on these amps and their maker on "what happened to the Cameron amps", and found this interesting tid-bit...

"It's a really complicated convoluted story. In the end there were a lot of odd turns and drama - buy outs, jail time etc... Real Jerry Springer type entertainment. Mark Cameron still mods amps under the table, but he doesn't or hasn't manufactured anything under the Cameron Moniker for a while, nor will he likely. Mark was bought of his stake in the company by Friedman and co. Part of the agreement apparently was that he couldn't manufacture or mod commercially for X amount of years. Or so it has been told."

Source

Cool deal. Thats what I figured. I really had no desire for an editor but now that I've seen it integrated into RM I'm lusting for it. I don't think it could have been planned more brilliantly.

See that's the thing about editors for those who don't have one and thinking that they have never wanted or needed one. Once you realize that you don't have to get up and go across the room to adjust something and can do it from your D.A.W., that becomes a game changer creative and workflow wise! :thumbup:

Funny to read so may posts from users claiming they found the perfect tone with their KPA + cab/frfr rig and could not be happier, now saying that they can't make it work and are ready to ditch their cabs since the NAMM announcement.

Not funny at all. In fact IM VERY HAPPY with my Friedman ASM-12's but there is nothing wrong in getting another powered Kab thats actually "built" for my non-powered Kemper, right?

Love the editors looks!!!, and am interested in the new "powered" speaker too. Altho I may just use my old SLA-2 amp into a pair of the new "full-range" speakers when they become available. Just LOVE the options available! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you paults! Kinda what I have now but wanted to see it from other perspectives. :thumbup:

Anyone good with "PowerPoint" or some such software to make an actual drawing on the proper way (from the KPA powered and NON powered) to hook up this cab and go to the FOH/ studio monitors? Thanks!

I posted what I did because I've seen more than one person here and on TGP thinking that the new Kemper speaker is going to be the same thing as Celestion's existing FX-200, which it's pretty much certain not to be.

So besides the wattage handling on the KPA speaker, what else specifically might be different between it and the FX-200 then?

I have an iPad "2"... Yea I know but it works well for other editors including the FH-1500 on Bluetooth. If they make an editor for the KPA, I hope they make it for new and "old" iPads. :saint:

and I think when you buy this speaker, its the cheapest way to get a Cabinet solution for the Kemper

My KPA is not powered, so when I heard that they were thinking of a "powered" cabinet later it got my attention. I am hoping that the "same" power amp in the KPA is what is used in this new cabinet, so that when comparisons on tone are made in front of this new cab, it then can be made accurately I.E. using the same equipment. Interesting for sure!

Even if it isn't FRFR the Kemper "understands" it's lack of flatness and compensates.

... It looks like the Kemper is doing a lot for the FRFR itself.

So thinking out loud here, Kemper took a certain designed speaker and then created a "FR FR" software algorithm inside the KPA to make that new speaker sound like different cabinets. Im I correct? I'm not trying to bash this, but isn't that what we have now using different profiles into an FR FR powered cab? Please set me straight here, and thanks. :)

Thanks Dee for that.

Currently the box is still designed passively, but it is also working on an active variant.

This sounds interesting!