Posts by satriaulie

I also noticed the cabinet volume adjustment is gone after upgrading.
    It creates a problem for me in the following situation:

The volume matches in all my patches when going trough my guitar cabinet without cabinet simulation, but the signal going to foh and headphones leaves my clean sounds weak.

It used to be possible to adjust this with the volume control in the cab block, but not anymore.
    Every vol adjust I can find effects both with and without cabinet simulation.

Is there anywhere else to adjust this?

Hi everyone!

I´ve just borrowed my friends 1976 Mesa Boogie Mark 1 and made some merged profiles of it.

They can be found by searching my name, Preben Eikaas at the rig exchange.
    would like some feedback on how they sound and feel.

With that out of the way, for you who won't bother to read the whole post, I´ll now continue with some more information about the profiles.

The Mark 1 is an amp that I haven't spent much time with, but the general feel of the amp is just so amazing that I had to see if I was able to produce the 4 basic tones that I usually look for in an amp.
    I have only played it at home and never tried it out in a band situation. Same goes for the profiles so far.

When it comes to how I use the Kemper, I usually set it up as I would any amp except sending direct to F.O.H instead of a mic in front of the cabinet. That´s why I've made merged profiles.
    I´ve also tried to make the Mark 1 profiles sound and feel like it would if I was to gig with the real amp playing through the same cabinet that I use with the Kemper.
    The cabinet is a Palmer 1x12 with a Celestion Vintage 30 U.K. made, and the microphone is a Sennheiser e-906 that I´ve used for all gigs over the last 10+ years.
    Mic is placed a bit of axis, as I would normally put it in a live situation, but volume how ever is set quite a lot higher than I normally would. My experience with Kemper is that it does a better job playing a loud amp at low volumes than a low leveled amp at high volume.

I mostly play pop, rock, blues and jazz/fusion, so that´s where I'm trying to get with the profiles of course, and I guess Hadley Hockensmith (Koinonia) and Jeff Beck are maybe my greatest influences when it comes to sound.

As mentioned before I haven't tried these profiles in a band setting yet, but looking forward to it. hopefully i won't need to do a lot of tweaking to get there.
    btw. The effects in the rig is just what ever was there when I made the profiles.

Hope you will try them out and also give me some feedback on how you liked them.

If you can't post in the Private Forum, register your KPA at the Kemper website, using the same User Name as you want to use on the Forum. That will give you posting access to the Private Forum.

Hmmm...
    My Kemper is registered and if I log in to Kemper site I´m automatically logged in here.
    When I registered the Kemper I had to log in again, but couldn't choose to log in with username, only e-mail.
    That is of course connected to my username here that I chose when I created the account.
    Sorry to bother you with this though. :)

Hi everyone!

I´ve just borrowed my friends 1976 Mesa Boogie Mark 1 and made some merged profiles of it.

They can be found by searching my name, Preben Eikaas at the rig exchange.
    would like some feedback on how they sound and feel.

With that out of the way, for you who won't bother to read the whole post, I´ll now continue with some more information about the profiles. :)

The Mark 1 is an amp that I haven't spent much time with, but the general feel of the amp is just so amazing that I had to see if I was able to produce the 4 basic tones that I usually look for in an amp.
    I have only played it at home and never tried it out in a band situation. Same goes for the profiles so far.

When it comes to how I use the Kemper, I usually set it up as I would any amp except sending direct to F.O.H instead of a mic in front of the cabinet. That´s why I've made merged profiles.
    I´ve also tried to make the Mark 1 profiles sound and feel like it would if I was to gig with the real amp playing through the same cabinet that I use with the Kemper.
    The cabinet is a Palmer 1x12 with a Celestion Vintage 30 U.K. made, and the microphone is a Sennheiser e-906 that I´ve used for all gigs over the last 10+ years.
    Mic is placed a bit of axis, as I would normally put it in a live situation, but volume how ever is set quite a lot higher than I normally would. My experience with Kemper is that it does a better job playing a loud amp at low volumes than a low leveled amp at high volume.

I mostly play pop, rock, blues and jazz/fusion, so that´s where I'm trying to get with the profiles of course, and I guess Hadley Hockensmith (Koinonia) and Jeff Beck are maybe my greatest influences when it comes to sound.

As mentioned before I haven't tried these profiles in a band setting yet, but looking forward to it. hopefully i won't need to do a lot of tweaking to get there.
    btw. The effects in the rig is just what ever was there when I made the profiles.

Hope you will try them out and also give me some feedback on how you liked them.

No doubt there are more profiles aimed at those who prefer the heavier stuff.
    Sad really since I feel the Kemper shines when it comes to clean and the light overdriven sounds.

I also like to have lots of gain on tap, but mostly I use slightly overdriven and purring gain sounds. I guess my main influences when it comes to sounds are Hadley Hockensmith (Koinonia), Paul Jackson Jr. and Jeff Beck.

Yesterday I made 4 profiles of a Mesa Boogie Mark 1 (76) that I hope people would try out. They are made to sound good in my 1x12 Palmer Cab and are merged so they hopefully will sound decent direct as well. The profiles are made at approximately the same level that I would play live and the mic is placed how it normally would be placed in a live setting. Just search my name to find the profiles in Rig exchange.

My plan was to put out a thread myself, but can't seem to figure out how to start "new thread". Help is appreciated. :)

Welcome and congratulations! :)

Sadly, merging doesn't work that way. You need a studio profile of the exact same setup, including same settings on the amp, to make a proper merged profile. Otherwise, the results will be unpredictable. And likely not very good.

You can of course take the cab from any profile (or convert an IR of any cabinet) and try it on your Direct amp profiles - nor harm in that :) This is not the same as merging though.

So you're saying that I can merge a studio profile and a direct profile. Sending the direct profile to my cabinet and the studio profile to FOH?

If that's the case, I'm in no need of a IR. :)

Just some confusion in terminology then. :)
    Thought I read that it's possible to merge a direct profile with a converted IR profile, but as long as I can use the converted IR profile on the line going to FOH I'm good. I'll be listening to the guitar cabinet myself. :)

Just got myself a brand new Kemper Powered Rack with remote. :) Love it!

Using it together with a Palmer 1x12 loaded with v30. I've had this cabinet a few years now and I always prefer this over hi end stuff from Bogner, CAE and Mesa. It just sounds right to me.
    So now I'm looking for an IR profile of an identical cabinet, preferably mic'ed with a Sennheiser e906.
    So that I can merge it with my direct amp profiles.

Anyone? :) Free or paid doesn't really matter as long as it's good. :)