Posts by Ekkomouse

UFX will output from AES to S/pdif in consumer mode (change in settings) which is designed to drop the voltage and feed the correct signal. Page 43 of UFX manual.

I think RME reputation is worth trusting they have correctly implemented this functionality. I currently do the exact same thing from my UFX TO A Dangerous DBOX which has worked well for years.

I had a disaster area dmc8d and got rid of it due to the limited midi capabilities. If you force your rigs in an order required to work with the dmc, you are causing yourself more grief than it's worth. Your also missing the rest of the Kpa midi functionality. But yes you need the Kemper on a specific channel and to assign your rigs the required midi pc in browse mode or order in performance mode as nightlight said.

I have a mastermind pbc that I can read settings from into a computer editor. Everytime I read settings from the device, I think it shuts down the midi connection from the midi out which makes the kemper think there is no midi controller connected.

Is there a way to Reinitialize the kemper midi connection so it sees the controller after the midi port is temporarily shut off during this preset exchange for the pbc editor?

I have a couple issues I'm hoping someone can help sort out for me.

1. I have a mastermind PBC foot controller and when connected, the KPA can start to respond slowly to button presses on the head itself and from the foot controller when in performance mode or browse mode.

My questions:
    Is there a boot up method where I am not supposed to plug the midi into the head until I have it loaded?

Should I be able to switch from browse mode to performance mode while the midi is connected? I seem to get the lagging response more when switching from browse to performance. Sometimes the head becomes unresponsive, more so in performance mode.

When I disconnect the midi cable, the head seems to respond again, but then if I plug it back in, it seems to lag resulting in me needing to reboot to get it to act normal.

If I boot into browse mode I can get the head to respond to effect stomp on off messages and program change messages fine. However if I then switch to performance mode or boot into performance mode, the head doesn't seem to respond very well to the same stomp messages and program change messages. I haven't been able to get it to respond to program changes at all.

Am I able to connect a usb cable and midi cable at the same time? So far the kemper doesn't respond to midi while the usb cable is plugged in, is the correct behavior?

I have a mastermind pbc that allows me to configure a page of 10 buttons any way I would like and I was wondering how others have setup their external midi controllers to control both browse mode and performance mode. Will the KPA will react to preset and bank switches from the same cc messages, meaning if I setup 5 buttons as preset switching and 2 as bank switching in browse mode this will change rigs based on the currently selected list in the KPA and then performance mode the same buttons will act as song banking and preset switching? Similar to how their foot controller works.

Any tips or advice will help, I'm just getting started setting up so would love to learn how others do it to simplify the number of button presses to get around.

It seems to me the remote is underutilized during browse mode, especially if you are trying out new rigs that already have effects and stomps setup. Here are my requests, they all kind of work together:

1. When switching banks using the arrow buttons, the bank up should select the first preset in the next 5 rather than maintain its preset choice with the buttons. Bank down would select the next down rather than switching to the same number in that bank.
    2. Also the tuner button could be utilized as a mode button for item 3 below, allowing selection of the stomp, stack and effects section with each press. The LED's next to the tuner would reflect which is selected with left led light to be stomps, middle led lighting to be stack and right led lighting to be effects. See 3 below as a continuation.
    3. The 4 effect switches should correspond to the stomps, stack and effects section by default. There would be a mode button (see #2 above) which could possibly be assignable to the tuner, looper or arrow up and down functions to switch between controlling the 3 sections.
    4. By default, new rigs would work as described in #2 and #3 with the default browsing functionality, however, there would be a way to lock the function of the effect switches for that rig so if people always wanted to hit stomps or effects when switching between rigs, then the browse mode would have that mode saved/locked.
    5. The screen would show more information pertaining to this browse mode so you knew what mode was selected for the 4 effect switches.

Found this a little cheaper than their bag, its on sale right now for $67, regular is about $87. Its designed for Dslr cameras and is highly configurable with a ton of inserts so you could use it for the Kemper and for other electronics like cameras/laptops. It will hold the Kemper, power cable, foot switch and foot switch cable without much trouble in a snug fit so the items wont move much.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002Q…79&sr=1&keywords=ape+case

Pics of Bag and Kemper:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/knk…ucGg0UiiWXcjngdCBKAa?dl=0

ive got the quik lock bs 625 and i took the upper part of the stand and flipped it around so the arms are the longer ones that the kemper sits on. it works great like this used on many gigs no problem with stability.

I just tried it, seems like it could work but it sets it further back behind the cab this way, so I switched it back. I am still considering the quiklok since its pretty solid.

Ok so here are my observations on both stands:

Quicklock: Its solid, head and k10 fit on it ok, unfortunately the legs are not able to be locked, they are fully open only, however the weight of the cabinet keeps them in place for the most part, not sure if so with a lot of decibels pumping. This means that they get in the way of the cabinet connections and can't be locked into a position that doesn't interfere. The arms of the upper shelf are exactly the width of the kemper. It feels like it will stay but if someone were to bump it, I could see it falling off so you might want to put some kind of shelf under it if there is traffic around where you set it up. Folded it is flat but wide and so it won't fit in my bags I use for mic stands, guitar stands and drum stands. The bag is a designed for speaker stands and drum stands. It seems like this would hold up for a while, just wish it wasn't so bulky.

On-Stage with shelf - It is not as solid feeling, much lighter gauge metal and more plastic. When setup it held the kemper and k10, though the laptop shelf was a little wobbly and has a bit of a bend to it with the head and all the cables attached. I suppose the head with cables goes above the weight limit so I am a little nervous to leave it up there. The part that holds the cab seems ok, though there was a little creaking when I put a little weight on it, might have just been cause it was new. I think this would be fine to hold the cabinet or the kemper on the lower shelf but I don't think I will keep it setup with the kemper up top. The stand folds up really small and the shelf detaches so it would make a great portable setup if the shelf had a better weight limit. Its seems like it might break over time if gigging, but it is pretty inexpensive too.

If you care to see photos of the two, here is a dropbox link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j9b…tGqfNcM4De_qm6-JNgqa?dl=0

Overall I am probably going to keep looking for a two shelf system that is portable.

I was looking at trying to put together this stand:

https://on-stage.com/products/view/11181/117060

and this mic stand mount shelf to attach to the stand to hold the head:

http://www.amazon.com/OnStage-…aptop-Mount/dp/B00V3A619U

the laptop shelf has a 12lb weight rating which is right there at the weight of the head.

Im hoping to find a highly portable stand to hold both while it angles the cab towards me, lifts it off the ground (in case my basement floods again), and puts the Kemper at mid height for easy tweaking. Anyone have experience with either of these or any other ideas?