Posts by ashtweth

I just saw Guitar worlds 2016 issue, there was a Kemper Advertisement... it had a NICE looking KEMPER cab there,
    I have also seen it at NAMM...obviously they want some thing to demo the POWER of the kemper , well shit man, it sounded OK to me

if we all said we would buy one, they would do it (teasing)

Shame we cant buy that cab man.
    I'd pay for it.
    like if you want this cab :P

Ash

Thanks for creating this thread, especially since I cant understand why people have not posted good things about Choptones already
    they do amazing studio profiles with tailored effects, lot of variety there for different sounds, i just got the Soldier Deca and Bruno Revolution Pack
    Absolute killer on my Strat and Les Paul, have not tried the 9 string yet, i even got cleans for reggae and funk from the Soldano pack (using strat)
    now how funny is that shit? Good clean blues and funk from the soldano pack 199 and 200FX rigs

The Bruno pack is killer for hard rock so is the soldano.

Ash

I gotta mention for any one lucky to have a 9 string (i have the Agile, it has NO chug like the emg's and others) that the tonehammar 's Peavey 6505 MH Diezel 03 profile is one of the only settings so far that makes the 9 string sound like a heavy guitar (9 string played like a normal 6 string, not like tosin or other 9 strings)

Then i gotta give it up for Sinmixx' BASH amp settings, that amp like the 6505 seems like the only amps i have found so far that can make the top 3 string on the 9 scary. Try the 6505 and BASH if you have a 9 string (passive pick ups)

I cant stand that chug on other 9 strings , drives me crazy.

Ash

Man does viabcroce have a twin brother? :D
    Dougy that was a great explanation my friend, for those that don't get it, ill try and record some DIFFERENCES
    between Monitor and stereo Gemini @\2 effects when it arrives, i have the monitor, (just ordered the Gemini 2)

Maybe that will help people ? Yes try playing Floyd and Van H on a Stereo verse Mono , even in your room it kicks ass
    again all is subjective huh? lets see ;)

Ash

Dam man, was that you or John playing that :D
    I have been taking your advice about not boosting the amp and experimenting
    Yes some of us read and take your advice.

Thanks man great playing, you love the Mesa bruh...and it obviously it loves you back
    got the pack and all the new ones.

Ash

Hi Ingolf/ALL i have read from some one who mentioned that , so i was just quoting what i read. Maybe it is not noticeable in your tests, but they did write that some where :)

Ash

Forgot to post this encase you miss it from the edit, looks all good with low string and high gain..

RE connection from the video comments

I've tried all kind of different connections but currently I use the xlr main outs on the Kemper to the 1/4 inch trs input on the Gemini 2 using a Mission cable. Previous FW on the Kemper had me using the Monitor outs, but now I can send the main ours using cab sims.

About high gain

If you’re into extended-range and baritone guitars
    you’ll find, as I did, that the Gemini 2 handles these without any nasty
    flabbiness. I tune my baritone guitar down to ‘A’ so that my sixth
    string is the same as the third string of a bass guitar. The Gemini 2
    had absolutely no problem in reproducing that pitch cleanly at any
    volume level.

As well as allowing you to enjoy the panorama of
    stereo effects, ping-pong echoes, Leslie emulations and the like in the
    comfort of your own home, one thing I really like about the Gemini 2’s
    stereo operation is that — if your software or hardware allows you to —
    you can run a pair of different amp/cab emulations side–by–side, which,
    to my mind, is much more useful when playing live than using a bunch of
    stereo effects.

any time my friend, so far the Gemini video demo here sounded good on High gain (he went through cleans too)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Now the the connection options include two analogue inputs, an analogue stereo link output (which actually carries the right–hand side of a stereo signal) and a USB port, allowing you to connect a Mac or PC running a guitar–amp modelling software package. Check here my friend
    http://www.soundonsound.com/so…cles/mission-gemini-2.htm

Now are we being fair to the Friedman and monitors?, i dont know i DO know that stereo is kick ass , and i bet if you tried them both, my money is on you would like stereo...

Ash

Ok, you MAY get away with it, but i have read high gain in the atomic CLR wedge (like metal and Djent etc) can get muddy (search in the forum posts). Will that happen in the Friedman (dont know)

My friend, i would bite the bullet, save up and get a mission engineering gemini 2, OR TRY THE FRIEDMEN IN HIGH GAIN FIRST, you get stereo and a great sound with mission, i would save up, do not buy the friedmen until you try it , i would hate for you to waste that (at least try high gain through it) I think if its low volume in the bedroom?, you most likely not care or notice, but stereo is awesome :)

Ash

Thats good advice, here is one more thing to consider, With all the CAB (and real CAB) scenarios and subtle differences that a FRFR speaker will produce verse a monitor, its going to come down to it being subjective, (i know that answer sucks) but bare with me.

You can read that THERE ARE DIFFERENCES in some of the good FRFR's like the Mission engineering Gemini 2 (stereo) and some other good FRFR cabinets like the Atomix Amps WEDGE and the DXR10 Paults use for gigs. Are Monitors better? Well....

Yes this is a pain in the you know what to decide, BUT A GOOD FRFR STEREO SPEAKER WILL PROBABLY SOUND BETTER TO YOU THEN MONITORS...how can you tell if its worth it, this is the pain in the backside part, YOU HAVE TO TRY THEM.

My bet is you will love the FRFR stereo speaker more...but if its tiny differences you can live with, then so be it, why not get the full Kemper experience, i realize my post probably doesn't make it easier but this is some thing to consider.

would you be using mainly high gain??? one more thing to consider...REMEMBER A GOOD TONE AT HOME MAKES YOU WRITE MUSIC....its the truth!

Ash

Guys i just got all the new packs, i put my Gibson through the GB Lemon RV50 Dirt TS9 (lemon pack) just put a confident boost on there and studio Eq, did not tweak the settings. I have been playing for days , its thick and chunky, i thought i was the dood out of the Cult LOL.

Guido i dont know how you did it, but you have beaten the friedeman profiles I have with that, its thick and sustain on the Gibson standard.
    One day ill learn how to get these samples up guys, my sincere apologies for no sounds yet.

Guido you have seriously done well man, you have a good ear, i cant believe i am paying that price for this man WTF.

Ash

Picked up all the new packs, to my surprise i thought i would not find some thing else besides this sounding as good on my fender , Jimi you did a hell of a good job on the Ceriatone Expression (Trainwreck Express Clone) Profiles, this Marsh pack and that are really worth a shot if you own a fender. I suggest all check it out, Jimi really did a good job on this pack and the Ceriatone pack.

Sincerely
    Ash