Posts by Morph

It's connected via the main outs to my Apogee Duet and Logic. It still rattles with the headphones connected to the headphone output of the KPA. I unplugged everything, turned off the headphone space and it was still there. I then tried moving the KPA to a different mains in the house where it disappeared to be replaced by the sound on a previous thread. It obviously reappeared when I moved the KPA back and plugged everything back in.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I've just noticed digital chatter at a low level on every profile, it's particularly bad on high gain ones, like a bad 8 bit sample fading out. I don't think it's been there before but now it's very noticeable on the tail of every sound. I've done a system reset but it's still there. Thoughts?

In the short time I've been using it, I've found that, for me there is a difference between profiles that sound great at gig volume and those that are record ready. The gig profiles sound duller at low volumes whilst the brighter ones with more prescence will take your head off on the gig. I set up a bright lead sound from my headphones and had to change it back to a duller one as soon as I turned it up so maybe it's horses for courses. The geezer on the Bogner video sounds great although I think I've been able to coax tones really close to that from the KPA.

For what it"s worth, I bought my power rack a couple of weeks ago. So far I have done a small bar gig with just my cab (an EVM 12L) and two larger ones with full pa and monitoring. I have also read varied reports but my own experience is stellar. The amp sounds are the same at all volumes, the KPA doesn't heat up and change tone during the show, some of the profiles are out of this,world. The PA guys at the bigger gigs were blown away by the KPA tone and one commented that he was off to research one for himself. Add to this a friendly, well read and supportive forum and you can't go wrong.

The volume pedal can be in any of these places

Off; The Volume Pedal has no effect.

Pre-Stomps: Directly before STOMP A

Post-Stomps: Right after STOMP D. At this position you control the gain of the amplifier.

Pre-Effects: Right before STOMP X. At this position you control the overall volume of the sound, but delay and reverb tails will still decay naturally, when you swell down the pedal.

Post-Effects: Right after the reverb. At this position you control the overall volume of the sound, including reverb and delay tails that can instantly be attenuated.

These are are choices you can make on the volume pedal page of the rig menu. Mine is the last but one.

You control the volume but at various points in the signal path. Mine came with a default pedal position in front of the preamp which means that when you lower the pedal you lose gain as well. You can change it in the rig menu and your choice can be locked so that it applies in all rigs. Mine is now pre effects which lets me change the volume of the rig without affecting it's gain

Notes to self after the second gig, quite a lot bigger than the first,

1. Put the volume pedall after the preamp
    2. The KPA takes a little while to boot up so restart it up sometime before the big finale to save the stress of watching it boot up just in time to play the first notes
    3. Pop the volume of the clean rigs up quite a bit

on the upside, the monitor guys loved it and are now thinking of getting one, the Marshall rig was extraordinary and I left the EVM 12L in the car

I have to say, you guys are a nice bunch. Good players too from the clips I've seen and heard.