Posts by Random3

Just bought the bundle because it looked fantastic.

So far it has not disappointed!

Loving the EVH 5150 as I was expecting but two unexpected stand-outs for me are the Krankenstein and the JCM 900. I have never used a Krank, but I don't recall JCMs sounding this good.

Also I downloaded the free bundle you guys have, that Darkglass profile for bass is fantastic!

Recently purchased a Kemper and wanted to share some of the profiles available for free on the rig exchange. As there are plenty of high gain profiles that come with the factory rigs I may also do a video demonstrating those.

There are a stupid number of rigs on the Rig Exchange so I couldn't possibly demo all of them. I selected these few based on the average rating, number of votes, and in some cases going by the authors who's profiles I had previously tried.

For each profile I list four things:
    1: The name of the profile as listed on the Rig Exchange. Should be word-for-word so you can look it up yourself if you want to try it.
    2: The author of the profile.
    3: The amp used in the profile.
    4: The cab used in the profile.

All of this information was lifted from the Rig Exchange so if any of it is incorrect it is because it was labelled incorrectly by the author.

The song is a track from my upcoming album I am working on. For this demo I have mixed the guitars louder than I usually would so they can be heard more clearly. What you will hear is a stripped down instrumental version of what will be the finished song, which will also include vocals, lead guitars, some quad-tracked rhythm guitars, keyboards and sound effects which were not present here.

NO processing was done to the guitar tones. On the Kemper itself I left the EQ and stomps exactly as they were set by the author. In some cases I disabled the effects modules which had either reverb or further EQ to keep them neutral. On Pro Tools I added no processing to the guitar tracks, although the entire mix was sent through a mastering chain.

Any questions please ask. Thanks for watching!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hi guys.

Yesterday I spent some time messing around with reamping keyboards and synth sounds through the Kemper using cabinets and my Flashback and Dreamscape pedals. Got some very cool sounds that I like a lot, but one thing is bugging me which I am not sure if there is a workaround for.

The Flashback and Dreamscape both have stereo ins and outs, and the instrument trakcks I have running in Pro Tools are also stereo. I appear to be able to send a stereo track into the Kemper via SPDIF, but I can't figure out if there is a way to print stereo audio after reamping so that the stereo effects and raw data from the instrument track aren't compressed into mono. Looking at the output section of the Kemper it doesn't look like I can do this but just wondering if there is any kind of workaround.

It still sounds good, just sounds very narrow when compared to the original synth sound. I could reamp in mono and then apply some stereo effects in the box, but ideally I would prefer to use my pedals.

Hi guys

I have started using the Kemper for reamping some projects I have had on hold for a good few months, and remixed them etc.

This is one I recorded in full myself, apart from the drums which were transcribed by ear.

I am very happy with the sound here, and the difference the Kemper has made.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Any feedback on the tones/mixing are very much appreciated!

On this I quad tracked the rhythm guitars. Guitar has a DiMarzio Crunch Lab. Used my Ibanez TS9DX up front rather than the software models. I used a combination of Lasse Lammert's Shot-Gun-Blast rig which is a 6505 and Marshall 1960V which incidentally was my rig before the Kemper, and another two rhythm tracks using the Keith Merrow Loomis 5150III profile.

Thanks I'm glad you liked it!

Hi guys, picked the Kemper up yesterday and spent all of today playing with it. Got a couple of questions before I do some more serious recording with it.

I have a delay and chorus pedal which I have played around with using with the Kemper. I have been able to reamp a DI once without effects, and then again with the delay or chorus. Is it possible to do both at once? Like to have amp on SPDIF 1 and effects on SPDIF 2?

Also I have a wah. How would you guys suggest using the wah in the loop module? If I run it with the delay/chorus pedal after the stack processing then it sounds weird so what I would like to be able to do is reamp once with the wah and then again sending the wah-ed signal into the effects section. Is it possible/does it make sense to disable the stack/effects sections and just run the DI into the wah pedal, record it, and then send that signal back into the stack/effects sections?

Also questions about the input section. Clean sens only seems to do anything when I plug the guitar into the Kemper, but does nothing when I DI. So I would assume that Reamp sens should be used instead when reamping but it also doesn't seem to do anything. Like if I have a particularly hot DI signal being sent via SPDIF, the input LED will show red occasionally even if I turn clean, distortion and reamp sens all the way down. They do seem to affect the tone but they don't appear to stop it from clipping. The clipping hasn't been noticeable yet but I want to make sure I don't find myself stuck in future.

Here's a link to a recording/mix that I did today with the Kemper if anyone wants to hear.

External Content soundcloud.com

Hi guys.

I have posted a few times in the forums asking questions while I was eagerly awaiting the day I would have enough funds to actually buy one. For the past year I have been working my ass off in a day job and freelancing as much as I can on the side, as well as selling parts of my old rig that wouldn't be needed with a KPA.

A couple of days ago I drove up to Coventry UK to pick it up. My friend works at PMT Birmingham and he was able to order one over from Thomann. Thankfully, Brexit didn't affect the price as much as it could have...

Got hammered with my chums, then drove back the next day with my new toy. Had about 3 hours to play with it yesterday as I was very slightly hungover. Played with some of the rigs, tried reamping some old DIs, hooked up some of my pedals etc and this thing is seriously impressive. I have a couple of days off work now to really get to grips with it, and then I can finally start recording all the music I have had on hold for the past year!

[Blocked Image: https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13886930_497589867118989_7649442773782232577_n.jpg?oh=dd54f27cb1a0a8301f82cf613f9ca8da&oe=58211DA1]

I'll check out all of those.

Slight disclaimer I don't actually have any 7 strings, and as we all know you can't actually djent on a 6...

Driving up north tomorrow to pick it up, going to a gig and getting drunk, then coming back home to play with my new toy on the Monday. I will get some posts up when I have had a play around with it.

Picking up my Kemper on Monday. Excited is an understatement.

As far as profiles go I want to find some nut-crushingly heavy profiles. The Aborted ones sound fantastic so definitely picking those up. I also heard that Lasse Lammert and Ola Englund did some but I can't find them on here or Google.

Anyone have any links to must-have heavy as balls profiles for modern metal? Free or paid I don't mind, will check them out either way.

Also I know the Kemper has a couple of 5150III profiles as factory rigs, any others I should check out?

Just want to piggyback a quick question in here as I'm not sure it warrants it's own thread.

I have ordered a Kemper but haven't received it yet so I haven't actually read the manual yet. I have a couple of TC Electronic effects pedals that I love, and I know I can use them with the Kemper. I am wondering if it is possible to reamp through the pedals via the Kemper? Like say I record a section and then decide I want to use the TC pedals on it, can I send either the dry or processed signal back to the Kemper via SPDIF and then capture purely the sound of these effects?

Cheers for the replies.

Thing is, something like the Matrix power amp is like £600, so significantly more than the price bump of the powered KPA.

I would consider selling my 4x12 and perhaps buying a FRFR speaker but I would only get ~£200 for it so it doesn't make much sense as far as saving money goes.

Hi guys.

I have been saving for a Kemper for over a year now and I finally have the money to buy one. I am going to place a deposit on Sunday, and pick it up at the end of the month.

I was totally set on getting the power head, but no I am having doubts. I'll explain my current rig:

I have a pair of Yamaha HS50s and Audio Technika ATH-M50 headphones. Most of my Kempering will be done through one of those two. I do not gig, and this would be exclusively for home use, at least for the near future. That said, I don't want to box myself in and be unable to gig if I were to join a band in 6 months.

I also have a Marshall 1960AV 4x12 which I used to use with my Peavey 6505. If I were to play live I would plan on running the Kemper through the cab. I would also do this at home occasionally on my days off.

So the way my finances are at the moment is if I go unpowered I will 100% definitely be able to purchase the Kemper at the end of this month. If I go powered there is a chance I will have to wait longer. Given how long I have been waiting, I do not want to do this. I have the less preferable option of delaying a couple of bills by a month or so to make sure I can afford the power amp, but even then I would leave myself fairly tight for the next couple of months.

I know I have the option of getting the unpowered toaster now and then purchasing a power amp later, but I am hesitant because it would likely cost significantly more, and I would have this lovely 4x12 sat next to me that I can't use.

Sorry if this post is a little long-winded. Any advice would be good. Either way I plan on depositing on Sunday.