Posts by TedRackley

Oops! I just realized I called my first profile "1642T" instead of "1624T", I just deleted and re-uploaded it and added a warm sounding reverb (the original amp does not have a reverb, GO KEMPER!!). This is my new favourite clean tone. My previous one was "AC Clean - R121" by Kemper Amps, but now I find it to be too bright and "hard" and the 'verb a little too bright by comparison. The Supros seem warmer and gooey-er than Fenders and Vox's to me, if that's a word...

Maybe it's because I use a hard pick, Dunlop Ultex 1.14?

I think it would be easier to find the range/sound of the filtering I want for my time-based effects this way, especially since the knobs seem to be speed sensitive. Maybe even change the Bandwidth or Q setting to a different numbering scheme as well, although in studios and with digital mixers there really isn't much of a standard. Maybe even a resonance control as well?

I know these are feature requests, but has anyone just gone ahead and added an Eventide H9/Space, Boss RV-5/6/7 or Strymon or other units to your effects loop? I put my Digitech RP360XP in my effects loop because it has "Lexicon" reverbs in it, but the Kemper 'verb sounded cleaner. The Digitech wasn't bad, it just wasn't clean enough. Their rack unit may have better AD/DA or algorithms?

I agree, waraba,

I will re-do the Tremo-Verb 1622RT. It sounds a little weak with the gain too low on the mic pre. I also noticed that I am profiling clean amps and Kemper says it thinks I am profiling distorted ones? Of course, tube amps are naturally distorted even when clean, but I did not want to set the volume on the amp TOO low, because it didn't sound as warm.

The Mesa is a little fuzzy sounding, but that is the owners favourite setting, so I left it that way.

Thanks for all of the feedback. I'll do more Supros when I get a chance. We have 3 more in stock.

Hi guys,

Check the rig exchange for these, they sound pretty good for my first try, although I accidentally lowered my mic pre gain for the Supro Tremo-Verb, I'll re-do it layer.

I also profiled my store manager's Mark IIc+ wiuth HIS personal settings. No, it's not for sale! Haha

Here's the names:

Teds-Supero1622RT
    Teds-Supero1624T (my fave clean tone)
    Teds-MeBo IIc+ Skywalker ( my boss' last name is Walker and he's a Star Wars fan)

Enjoy!

-Ted

I don't own any Supros, but we have them at work, and they are incredible warm, sweet sounding amps. Is it un-ethical to profile amps at a music store that you work at? I believe Anderton's loaned TAF some Victory Amps, and I bought that pack.

I have a Powerhead, so it is out of the speaker output.

I made a video, after I switch presets as I bend the long note you hear what on the video sounds like aliasing distortion or the cab turned off, but after a fraction of a second, the sound normalizes. It happens when switching presets via Rig manager, too. But just a fraction of a second after switching a preset, and it's totally random. I had to film video for quite a while to catch it. And then switching back and forth to the same two presets it doesn't happen again. ?????

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It seems to me, that what would be in line with the concept of the Profiler would be a convolution reverb (like Altiverb, Space Designer, Waves IR, etc.), so you could load your own impulses, including springs and plates. And a fancy tremolo or vibrato that you could put before or after the reverb to get those cool Supro tones. By the way, not too many Supros on the Rig Exchange, eh? I think I'll make some.

Also, on my Powerhead, my speaker thumps when the internal amp switches on or off. These spikes are not good for PA speakers, I've blown woofers and tweeters before by plugging in a DI to a console with phantom Power on, for example. My workaround is to unplug the cable first before powering off, then, when powering up, plugging in when I hear the relays click.

OK, it's happened a few more times. This time, it happened differently:

I was playing the profile: TAF - Claptons Blues
    For fun I decided to turn off "Pure Cabinet"
    I played for a few seconds, maybe 10 or 20 to get a feel for the sound with it off.
    I turned it back on while holding notes, and I heard the "absence of cab" crackle sound. Then stopped playing and then it went back to normal.
    I think it's related to the new "Pure Cabinet" setting. There's a delay or something before it kicks in.

Anyone else have this issue?

I can't seem to re-produce it, though it's happened a few times today. The last time was switching from King Vintage to King Fat, i.e. hitting the left "Rig" button. Those are factory profiles that I haven't altered in any way. I'm also holding (letting ring out) a chord while switching profiles. When I let the chord go, i.e. go silent with the guitar in my hand and then play again, it sounds like a cab is finally loaded if I play a 2nd chord, almost like the cab fades in on the 2nd chord.