Posts by DaanJM

I think I had the same issue. I first got a screen saying: "This software is up-to-date". When I pressed OK, Rig Manager gave the error and quit. When I didn't press OK, just ignored the message and clicked "Update Profiler" (or something like that), it updated my Profiler.

yes, that's what I thought.when I turn on the Pure Tuning it changes something. But still I can't hear much what the Pure Tuning can do. :S

I clearly hear the effect of pure tuning here.

You do hear the pitch shifted sounds? And make sure you use a high gain sound, the effect is more prominent then.

I just updated to OS4.2. Whenever I am in tuner mode using the chickenhead selector, I can exit tuner mode by pressing the exit button. It goes either to browse or performance mode, whatever was selecter before accessing the tuner mode.

Is this intentional behavior?

I find morphing mostly useful for auditioning changes in my rigs. For instance: I set up a Studio EQ with a certain boosted frequency. Then I sweep that frequency while playing. I have not really found any other use for morphing.
    I do really like the strobe tuner.

The delays did not change in sound, which was intended.

I recently thought something changed too. However, I discovered my input settings were not locked anymore, so whenever I had selected one of my input presets, they got changed around again when I changed performances.

From the Kemper reference manual:

The second method is to send MIDI program changes from your remote controller. There are 128 program changes
    available in MIDI and these are assigned to each Slot as they occur within the Performances

So only 128 slots can be accessed by sending program changes. It is the MIDI protocol that is the limiting factor.

This is my biggest issue with the EP-1 KP when used as both volume/wah. I often switch profiles during live use, and after a decade of using a volume pedal for lead boost, I am finding it difficult to adapt to this situation. I would typically keep the volume pedal in the heel position, which would be set to rhythm volume, and use it as a boost for leads. With this setup (which I LOVE otherwise!), I find it distracting when I switch from a clean to crunchy etc. profile or vice versa. Is there a workaround for this, or do I have to rethink the way I use my rig?

You could use morphing to increase the rig volume

I'm currently using a DIY MIDI pedal to control the Kemper. Really simple with 6 buttons: performance up and down and four slot buttons (not using the fifth slot).
    I have read from the "Kemper Profiler Addendum 4.0":

The default functionality of the Remote's Rig Buttons is to trigger Morphing; however, you may prefer to use them for
    reloading the current Rig/Slot in its original state. To select this behavior, use the global option “Rig Button Morph”,
    located in the System menu. This option also affects MIDI controllers that send MIDI CC#50-54 to load Rigs or Slots,
    such as the Uno4Kemper*, for example.

So I can select slot 1 by sending CC#50 and then trigger morphing by sending CC#50 again.

However, I want to send program changes instead of control changes in order to keep the performance number on my MIDI pedal synced with the Kemper (using a 7-segment display). Can I trigger morphing by sending for example PC#10 to select a slot in a certain performance and then sending PC#10 again to trigger morphing?

Are you sure you have installed the last version.
    I remember that 2 Versions ago I faced similar problems.

Its possible to transfer the edited rigs or performances back to RM in seperate subdirectories. Call it for example "current Rigs" and/or "current performances" maybe with date..
    Switch the KPA to performance Mode otherwise you have no direct access to the KPA Performances.
    This is faster then to make a Kemper Backup.
    Anyway , to make KPA backups is never a bad idea. ;)

Good idea, just export the edited performances to Rig Manager, restore a backup and put them back. Only one restore procedure needed.
    Still I think it should be possible to mount a backup and access the performances from there. Has this been requested before?

BTW, I'm running FW 3.3.0 and Rig Manager V1.5.41.12185

Sometimes Rig Manager messes with my performances, for example deleting them when I move some performances around. This has never been a big problem as a frequently make backups. However, I can only get performances back by restoring a full backup. When I don't want to lose the edits I just made to the performances, the process might look like:

- Make a backup of the entire Kemper
    - Restore a previous backup
    - Copy the lost performances to the Rig Manager
    - Restore the backup that was made a few minutes ago
    - Copy the lost performances from Rig Manager to the Kemper

Is there any faster way to do this? I can't seem to access the performances directly from the backup, not from mounting in Rig Manager, nor from opening the backup (e.g. using Total Commander).