Posts by 10w73

Hey!

Thanks for all the answers. The last two days I spend quite some time in our rehearsal room. You were right! It is just awesome, im flashed. This machine is
    incredible. I profiled my TH30 C clean and also with the Boss SD-1 in front of the amp. I did a studio and a di profile and merged them. It's fantastic.

I like the sound from my cab (I just used the TH30 C as a cab) much more than the sound from the PA. That's the only thing that sucks so far. How to fix that?
    Am I just not that impressed because I always had the sound from the cab and have never really listened to the PA. Is this something I need to get used to?
    How to improve the PA sound?
    The cab to my mind (ears) got a lot more highs and not that much mids, I guess.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I think I'm feeling home here.

Cheers!

PS: Servus nach Minga, ich komm' aus Erlangen.

Hey Guys,

I'm Alex and I did it. I was planning to buy a Kemper Power Head and a Remote this summer and you know ...
    I bought it last Saturday.
    To be honest it was a tough decision since I was one of that guys thinking that tube amps are the one and only
    real deal.
    They say the KPA sucks the soul out of tube amps to recreate their awesome tone. Guess what, I don't care
    anymore since selling the soul to the devil is just kinda part of the Rock 'n' Roll, isn't it?

Why did I buy one? I'm suffering from a spinal prolapse and therefore I don't want to carry a sh*tload of stuff all the time.

I also got a few questions:
    I'm not sure how well it'll work to profile my own TH30 C in our rehearsal room. Do you guys think that the
    profiles done by the "big guys" in their studios will sound better in every case or is it worth giving a shot?
    I bought a Behringer GI100 ULTRA-G to be able to profile own merged profiles just in case.

I want to recreate "my" sound but I'm not afraid to use other amps instead of my TH30 C. I just want to
    keep things simple and don't want to use different amps for every single song or song part. Like using
    this amp for the solo and the next amp for the main part or stuff like that. I think this would not be "generic", if
    you know what I mean. I'm ok with using different rigs, amps etc. for clean, distortion and muff/ fuzz, however.

What I don't want is carrying around my pedal board anymore, that's what I bought the Kemper for.

I was never satisfied with a "standard" sound. I. e. I always used a Boss SD-1 to crank up the amp a little, no matter
    if "clean", overdriven or even in front of my big muff. I'm not sure if i can recreate that tone or at least narrow that tone
    without doing my own profiles. Thing is the room isn't that cool, relating to the sound.
    I also got that little EQ on my board to influence the overall tone of my guitars, but thats no problem, the Kemper got
    EQs too. I got an 11-band EQ but it should be ok to use the smaller Kemper EQs.

Next question:
    I planning to use a cab on stage and in the rehearsal room just because. Is it nonsense to mic that cab just like I did
    before. Is it in every case better to use the main outputs? If so, why? If I like the sound of the KPA with the cab I
    can't imagine it'll sound the same or better using the main outs because of the cab sim etc.?

Thank you in advance, I'm so glad to be a part of the KPA-community.

Cheers,
    Alex