Posts by 10w73

That's how I used my Kemper and at a rehearsal yesterday I got a hard time to find a temporary workaround for that "issue". I hope there will be some change in the near future because that would be a huge step backwards for me.

I assume you noticed that they fixed that in the latest beta 4.0.2. In the settings Kemper gave us the option to use the rig button to morph or to use the old behavior where it just resets the rig. Unfortunately I discovered a bug: If you reset the rig by hitting the rig button there is no spillover for effects like the delay. I already opened a support ticket and I suppose you guys should also do so.

Anyone else has this? It doesn't seem to be firmware related as it has survived the last 3+ firmware updates (I'm on 4.0).

This is what happens: tweak a rig, hit "store", some time the profiler shows the next screen immediately, some times it takes a…

This may be due to some beta bugs. I experienced something similar. With 4.0.2 for me this bug is gone.

I quote from Burkhard's post:

"In rare situations 4.0.0 and 4.0.1 Public Beta could damage Rigs and Performances during upload to Rig Manager. Users experiencing error messages when loading particular Rigs or Performances should restore the backup created before upgrading to 4.X."

In case you have some data corruption restoring a backup from before you went to 4.0.x might be the only reliable solution

I know about that but in my case I wasn't able to recover since I wasn't able to boot! Of course I got plenty of backups.

Hi Folks,

I desperately need your help now:

I was changing some performances in Rig Manager when suddenly an error occurred:

[Blocked Image: https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1450/26588468976_9924c3546f.jpg]IMG_0442

Afterwards I tried to just restart it as stated but the error persisted. So I tried to upgrade to 4.0.2 from 4.0.1 but the error still persisted.
    Then I thought of downgrading to 3.3.0 but guess what the error occurred again.

Of course I also tried booting with holding down "System", "RIG" and also "QUICK".

Is there no chance to completely reset it to defaults without booting it? Booting it is obviously not possible ...

I'm so looking forward to seeing you guys helping me.

Thanks in advance,
    Alex

[Blocked Image: https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1589/26588472456_deae56a29d.jpg]IMG_0443

[Blocked Image: https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1445/26614580745_6b12ae7a38.jpg]IMG_0444

Up until now, this is also the way that I've worked live. Morphing has got me thinking about ways that I can get around the problem, by having effects at 0% mix, then morphing them up, but I'm not sure I'd be able to get around all the different permutations this way.

That was my first thought too but unfortunately this way the LEDs on the Kemper and the Remote would still be on even at 0% and therefore you can't be sure if that i. E. delay is now on or off. That's why I just want the old behavior back.

Under OS 3.3. in Performance mode I activated an effect by pressing a programmed effect-button -when playing in a Slot- and could deactivate the effect by pressing the Slot-button again. This doesn't function any more under OS 4.0.1. (the effect stays active, when pressing the Slot-button again).
    Could this be an OS-bug, did anybody also recognize this ?

Please be sure to open a support ticket and talk about that to the team. We've discussed that in another thread (FW 4.0 beta experiences thread.) and we all already talked to Kemper. If there are enough people we'll get our loved function back. This is very important if you use it live and want to hit just one switch to return to your saved rig after you kicked in some stomps temporarily.

No error messages. It just won't.

I assume you put the firmware file in the same place on your usb drive as you did with the 4.* file? Have you deleted the 4.* file before? Best thing would be to format your usb drive and try it again. Otherwise you should definitely open a support ticket and talk to the team. They will look into this and they'd be glad to know about this issue if it really is a bug since that would affect many users.

I'm in the same boat. I upgraded to the 4.0 beta thinking I could always roll back if needed. Oops. Now I have a pretty buggy unit that is going to have to sit on my desk until a non-buggy release version comes along.

A little annoyed here. I would have thought after almost (4?) years that the firmware would be a little more mature. Love the sounds, but the KPA is staying on my desk for practice and the Axe-Fx is staying in the live gigs.

4.* is an unstable beta release and you are not supposed to use it if you need a reliable unit. You are free to downgrade to 3.3 if you want to. Downgrading should always work!

What are your problems with downgrading? Are there any error messages?

I upgraded yesterday. I really liked the new features and the expanded abilities of the Remote with this new firmware. But because of the troubles I have experienced with stompbox preset and types, I am thinking of downgrading and waiting for the alpha release.

The alpha is pre beta. What you mean is the final release. I don't want to bug you, I just want to avoid confusion. ;)

@10w73, I did get another reply this morning from Burkhard saying they would look into the idea that you have to "hold" the Rig 1-5 buttons down to engage a set up for morphing or do some global on/off for it.

I wouldn't like global on/ off. Per rig on/off would be cool or holding down to morph would also be better.

Here's a new little frustration for me I found tonight. While in performance mode and using a preset, I click on a couple of the effect buttons (i.e. Phaser and delay on I & IIII), and then I can usually hit the same preset button to go back to my original preset hence turning these back off. Now...it goes to the upper morphing light and wants to program a morph?? Is there a setting to lock the morphing feature to off when you don't want to program those like during a performance?

@drandall I'm used to resetting the FX status of a rig the same way. I will likely program a morph to turn the FX mix up, and then press the rig button again to morph them off.

However, you can make a Feature Request to be able to selectively turn morph off for specific rigs/slots.

That's how I used my Kemper and at a rehearsal yesterday I got a hard time to find a temporary workaround for that "issue". I hope there will be some change in the near future because that would be a huge step backwards for me.

Thanks for your answer.

By the way, I'm absolutely interested in this matter. Thing is that I got a lot on my mind right now and don't have that much spare time and that's why I'm rather asking questions. I'd love to experiment and I'm sad that I can't. Right now I just need my Kemper to work the way I want it to to be able to have some rehearsals and of course live gigs.

As I stated earlier, I'm now taking some time and money to redesign my room and therefore I wanted to know how to do this in a proper way. Not only to save time but also to save money by not buying wrong furniture that i. E. covers walls where I actually need to place foam or stuff.

Again: Thank you. I appreciate your help.

Agreed :)

How are your ears in relation to the tweeters of those monitors, height-wise?

I have to stand up to be aligned with them. Right now I'm planning on redesigning the room with a new table.
    Hopefully it will get better.

I assume then you are not using your monitors for any actual recording or mixing?

Surely you will require stereo for this?

Also those acoustic foams seem to be in the wrong place to me unless you have more elsewhere?... I would suggest you need them to the sides of your monitors to soak up any sound directed at the wall.

Not really since it's no working like I thought it would. Good to know that the foams are misplaced.

Like i said, I'm planning on buying a new table with enough space for my monitors. How exactly should I use the foam then? Behind the monitors or somewhere else? The bass port is on their backside.

Thank you!