Posts by nwassink

I'm searching for a similar profile, we play 'hey hey my my' and when I used to have a pedal board I had a JP chorus in front of a BB preamp and it was wicked sounding.

I've yet to find it in the Kemper, but I'm sure it's in there somewhere. I've tried but I'm just not good at replicating effects.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hmmm.... I must be doing something wrong but can't figure it out.

I have 5.2.0.12879B Public Beta but my second page for 'Quad Chromatic' has Note Value 1,2,3 and 4. Not the Delay 1,2,3 and 4 Ratio as mentioned.

On the Kemper display it shows...
    X Module [Page 2/8]
    Quad Chromatic

Am I doing this right?

Thanks!

I also have the lag, latest OS as of 3/30/17 and Mission EP1-KP pedal. I've only used it from the remote and not the back of the KPA but I'll try it tonight. If I were to guess I'd say 100-200mS range. If I am curious enough I could always bring a scope home, with one channel connected with a Y to the Mission and another channel to the Main Out and probably get a good idea. Unless I'm missing something I think it would be impossible for a pedal as mentioned above to be the culprit if its the standard mechanical linkage to potentiometer setup.

I apologize if this is the wrong thread but looking at all the options I though this one might be most appropriate??

Anyway, I love Neil's guitar sound on this and looking at several youtube videos, there doesn't seem to be any covers that I've found that has duplicated or come close to that sound.

Is their a profile that could come close to this or is this just a magic combination of amp, pickup, guitar...

Sitting here at work with low volume nothing sounds special, but I know at home/car when turned up I hear that special sauce I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Don't feel bad, I've had mine for nearly a year and somehow don't have the basics down yet. I haven't really taken it to rehearsal until recently because I'm just afraid I've done something wrong, I don't blame the Kemper for anything because I've seen the number of people on this forum that somehow have figured it out. I got gutsy and took it to rehearsal this past Saturday and somehow found out I have a 'Crunch' rig in one of my Marshal performances, at home I've been playing this performance for months with no issue. Two days before rehearsal I connected a pedal to the remote so that I could adjust volume during rehearsal. Now during rehearsal I save little tweaks as we go through the set list and by the end of the night my gains (volumes) on all my rigs (slots) are all mucked up.

Just like I was afraid of!

So on Sunday I research and find...
    1. Default volume is set to pre-stomps - explains why my gain was changing with the pedal
    2. Default setting for volume is per rig - did not consider this when saving rig changes therefore this value was being saved also
    3. Rig change in performance I haven't figured out, I don't even know where the 'crunch' rig came from other than a default rig when starting a new performance.

As far is fixing my performance to replace the 'Crunch' with my original 'Marshall' rig. I haven't been able to fix it, slots swap in rig manager, I get it right, save it on the Kemper, change performance, pick a rig, go back to the "Marshall' performance and it's still mucked up.

I know about the Kemper buffer and things are not really as it seems between rig mananger and the Kemper but eventually I'll figure it out, others obviously have.

I would like someone to treat me as if i was in 1st grade and I have the following scenerio, exactly what steps do they take to accomplish this using rig manager connected to Kemper via USB w/remote
    And I mean EVERY step, every copy-paste step, every Kemper button press, every Remote foot press.

Performance
    1. Marshall 1
    2. Marshall 2
    3. Marshall 3
    4. Crunch <------ Replace this with Marshall 4 from Rig Manager pool
    5. Marshall 5

Sorry for the rambling, just had to vent to someone since my wife could care less. I spent 45 minutes Sunday with your same issue and ended with a bigger mess than I started with.

Again, Sorry for the lengthy post :( But I am having fun! :)

Just a little update, it's pretty much the whole guitar, even open strings. I've lowered the pickups probably double what they recommend, 1/4 inch on low side and 3/16 on high side (i believe Fender spec is 1/8 and 3/32 from string when held down at last fret)

I did hold the springs with one hand and picked open strings with the other but it didn't make a difference.

I performed all the adjustments (action, intonation and pickup height) originally on my Fender Deluxe sitting in an upstairs bedroom because of better light. Kemper and rest of gear is set up in basement where its a little too dark for guitar maintenance.

Tomorrow I will run it through a TS9 and my Fender Deluxe Reverb and put foam in the springs

Was there ever a solution to this, I've had this for many years (maybe 15 years when first noticed with the Cybertwin) and it seems to be more noticeable on digital equipment (cybertwin, GSP1101 and Kemper) I don't notice it nearly as much or if at all when I play through my Fender Deluxe with a TS9. I've been using a tweaked profile of "teeny tiny feet" with slight distortion for an SRV Pride and Joy type of sound. I just replace my pickups with Lindy Fralins and it seems to have come back with a vengeance! I would describe it as a very short "hitting a metal trash can lid with a rubber mallet" type sound just when the string is picked. I wish the link for the example still worked so I could compare it. I believe I got around it before by lowering the pickup WAY low, and will try it again tonight but found this thread while looking for a remedy and just thought I'd ask. I also have a Music Man JP6 and that sounds excellent thought the same profile.

Ahhh! I do remember reading this somewhere but didn't know it survived a power cycle.

Good to know, I will try that tonight. I assume I have to change performance, select a rig then go back to the performance, or is it as easy as just hitting the performance up then down button (or visa versa)?

I'll eventually find this out on my own but now curiosity has just got a grip on me :)

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I just updated to 4.06 last week and was hoping that would fix it but I'm going to assume now that I'm just doing something wrong.

I have a Kemper with a Kemper pedal board, Only two performances, one Marshall with gain light to heavy from left to right, same with a Bogner performance.

I do everything thru rig exchange and the only time I touch the Kemper is by switching the chicken knob from off to performance and back to off when done.

My rigs will randomly just change on me and I don't know why but maybe by knowing the answer to two questions might help me out.

1) Should I ONLY sample rigs from rig exchange in BROWSE mode, never in performance mode?
    2) My thought was that settings are changed in the Kemper ONLY when SAVE button is pushed on the Kemper itself, But this behavior is proving this theory wrong. Can I get this confirmed?

I'm reluctant to make in more performances until I get this worked out.

And one other question, not to derail the above because it's higher on my priority list but... since I'm asking questions, do all purchased profiles come with the definition set to MAX, not that big a deal
    but is kind of a hassle to tweak this with every profile I try. Maybe its the guitars (Music Man JP and American Strat) but no profile I've found sounds best with definition at MAX

Thanks!

I would gladly consider that, I don't care for the wedge type as I would rather have a traditional setup. Stereo setup if possible just in case :)

My problem is there is no one in the area that carry this type of speaker. And after the nightmare I had with the DXR10(*) I really have no desire to order online and go thru a trial and error process. 'If' there was a more of a consensus here on the forum I think I would try it but like everything else what one person likes another dislikes, which is all good as it makes us who we are. I think by limiting to non-wedge type speakers might narrow the field a bit. Must be available in the states. Gemini comes to mind but active is 120 watts which in tube world is plenty but in solid state world might be a little iffy but again I haven't tried it.

Anyone have experience with the Gemini 2, looks good on the webpage :)

(*) I Order everything from Sweetwater but they happened to be out for another couple weeks so I went the Amazon route, bad move. The speaker was defective (bad woofer) and called Amazon for a return, they told me to destroy it and would refund the money because it's hazmat material so couldn't ship it back, well I'm sorry I'm not about to do that. Called Yamaha, they wouldn't send me a woofer but would gladly take the speaker for a month to repair it. Luckily having been in audio repair for 12 years many many moons ago I recalled a couple incidences that sounded familiar so with that in mind, I pulled the woofer out and turned it 180 degrees, put it back in and got lucky. All is good now.

Thanks for the replies!

I will say a couple of the rigs really sounded unbelievable by Bert Meulendijk. I also have TopJimi Marshalls and guidorist Bogner profiles that sound awesome at home but now have to figure out how to get that sound at rehearsal. I know it's there but just need to find it without taking any rehearsal time to do it :(

Is there any advantage to having a second DXR for stereo for my scenerio? the extra weight doesn't bother me as they will be staying at rehearsal :) since I have my HS8's at home. The stereo sounds killer at home but I don't know how that plays out in a setup such as ours where the two speakers is essentially my rig that everyone in the room/party hears. Part of me wants the stereo and the other part of me says it's a bad idea. Must have read that somewhere but spending an hour a day since december reading this forum has scrambled my brain.

And I will dig that Atomic out and try it, might as well since I already have it.

I've had my Kemper since December and recently took it to actually give it a shot at our last rehearsal. I have a DXR10 and although a couple profiles sounded tremendous, most were ok to good. These are profiles I've picked over the last few months using my Yamaha HS8's in stereo along with my DXR10, Usually picking my profiles with HS8's and jamming with tracks using the DXR10 since for some reason I like to have my guitar out of the mix.

First a little rehearsal background. Playing in a basement, only vocals and kick drum into the PA. We play out maybe once or twice a year, play everything from Alice in Chains to Secret Agent Man with some Country thrown in so I like to have a versatile sound. 4 of us older guys in the 'Been there done that' club.

Anyway, I was thinking of getting a second DXR10 just for a 'fuller' sound, maybe this is the 'amp in the room' sound that I've literally read about 100's of times that I can't put my finger on. Then it dawned on me that I actually have an Atomic Reactor 50w 112 sitting in storage that I bought new several years back that probably has less than 5 hours on it. I've read they sound like a towel is covering in but it seems this was the 18w model. I don't remember reading anything on the 50w version.

I want to limit my shenanigans at rehearsal since they'd be happy if I showed up with my deluxe reverb and a couple pedals. So I'm wondering from those with more experience on playing in the about situation, should I try the Atomic or get another DXR10 and go stereo, although I think I've read that's not always best in a main amp situation.

Any thoughts would be appreciated :)

Thanks for the replies! I will say I've only listened to this on my home stereo system cranked up, I will definitely crank it up on my Yamaha HS8's when I get home and will try the Metropoulos rig mentioned, if it even gets me close I'll be happy. I was going to guess Bogner since it seems I have a couple profiles that touch on this sound, shows you what I know :S

At the start of this song, I can really hear it at the 3rd and more so the 4th intro chord (again around 2:00 mark). I have this recorded on Tivo and can't get enough of this particular sound. Could someone more familiar than me with different amp sounds care to take a shot at what this amp might be, better yet a profile that will give me this sound. I've heard this sound before, for lack of a better description I call it the amp on fire sound, I don't know why, I picture smoke coming out of this thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICUb4Y92BWg

If your concern is the guitar battery discharging while the cable is inserted, this solution may not disconnect the battery as desired depending on the guitar and type of jack used. I have a Music Man with a piezo and mine does not disconnect the battery without the cable being physically pulled out of the guitar.