Anyone experience a Kemper with Atomic 112 50w Reactor?

• I've had my Kemper since December and recently took it to actually give it a shot at our last rehearsal. I have a DXR10 and although a couple profiles sounded tremendous, most were ok to good. These are profiles I've picked over the last few months using my Yamaha HS8's in stereo along with my DXR10, Usually picking my profiles with HS8's and jamming with tracks using the DXR10 since for some reason I like to have my guitar out of the mix.

First a little rehearsal background. Playing in a basement, only vocals and kick drum into the PA. We play out maybe once or twice a year, play everything from Alice in Chains to Secret Agent Man with some Country thrown in so I like to have a versatile sound. 4 of us older guys in the 'Been there done that' club.

Anyway, I was thinking of getting a second DXR10 just for a 'fuller' sound, maybe this is the 'amp in the room' sound that I've literally read about 100's of times that I can't put my finger on. Then it dawned on me that I actually have an Atomic Reactor 50w 112 sitting in storage that I bought new several years back that probably has less than 5 hours on it. I've read they sound like a towel is covering in but it seems this was the 18w model. I don't remember reading anything on the 50w version.

I want to limit my shenanigans at rehearsal since they'd be happy if I showed up with my deluxe reverb and a couple pedals. So I'm wondering from those with more experience on playing in the about situation, should I try the Atomic or get another DXR10 and go stereo, although I think I've read that's not always best in a main amp situation.

Any thoughts would be appreciated :)

• I have a 50W Atomic Reactor and liked it a lot with my Kemper and Atomic Amplifire. Unfortunately, it is having a tube issue right now and has been out of commission for a bit, while getting fixed. I liked it a ton better than the Tech 21 power engine i had borrowed for a couple of gigs.

• Totally agree with Ingolf.

I've had an Atomic reactor and it was just about OK...(pretty good for its vintage)

I've been gigging for two years with a powered CLR cab, and that was really great, but this w/e I did my first gig with a DXR10 and if I consider the whole picture, size, weight, sound etc...then I have to say I will be staying with the DXR10 for live gigs. (Thanks Ingolf, for those great reviews)

The only thing I didn't like about the DXR10 vs the CLR was the nice big flat surface to sit my KPA on.

Solved that with a couple of straps.

The DXR10 cut through better than the CLR because of the mids (IMHO)

Its so nice not having to load in/out a heavy CLR.

• Thanks for the replies!

I will say a couple of the rigs really sounded unbelievable by Bert Meulendijk. I also have TopJimi Marshalls and guidorist Bogner profiles that sound awesome at home but now have to figure out how to get that sound at rehearsal. I know it's there but just need to find it without taking any rehearsal time to do it :(

Is there any advantage to having a second DXR for stereo for my scenerio? the extra weight doesn't bother me as they will be staying at rehearsal :) since I have my HS8's at home. The stereo sounds killer at home but I don't know how that plays out in a setup such as ours where the two speakers is essentially my rig that everyone in the room/party hears. Part of me wants the stereo and the other part of me says it's a bad idea. Must have read that somewhere but spending an hour a day since december reading this forum has scrambled my brain.

And I will dig that Atomic out and try it, might as well since I already have it.

• maybe this is the 'amp in the room' sound that I've literally read about 100's of times that I can't put my finger on.

Have you ever considered a GRFR cab? IMO it's the solution for those Kemper users who love the way their old tube rig sounds and can't find it with FRFR cabs.
    It might be worth a thought.

• I would gladly consider that, I don't care for the wedge type as I would rather have a traditional setup. Stereo setup if possible just in case :)

My problem is there is no one in the area that carry this type of speaker. And after the nightmare I had with the DXR10(*) I really have no desire to order online and go thru a trial and error process. 'If' there was a more of a consensus here on the forum I think I would try it but like everything else what one person likes another dislikes, which is all good as it makes us who we are. I think by limiting to non-wedge type speakers might narrow the field a bit. Must be available in the states. Gemini comes to mind but active is 120 watts which in tube world is plenty but in solid state world might be a little iffy but again I haven't tried it.

Anyone have experience with the Gemini 2, looks good on the webpage :)

(*) I Order everything from Sweetwater but they happened to be out for another couple weeks so I went the Amazon route, bad move. The speaker was defective (bad woofer) and called Amazon for a return, they told me to destroy it and would refund the money because it's hazmat material so couldn't ship it back, well I'm sorry I'm not about to do that. Called Yamaha, they wouldn't send me a woofer but would gladly take the speaker for a month to repair it. Luckily having been in audio repair for 12 years many many moons ago I recalled a couple incidences that sounded familiar so with that in mind, I pulled the woofer out and turned it 180 degrees, put it back in and got lucky. All is good now.