Posts by Tilli85

While Hans’ solution of saving different rigs for each guitar is clearly the ultimate option I like Tilli85 idea of being able to assign the quick button to step through one or two settings. In fact it would be even better if I could assign a footswitch to do this from the floor :)

Yes! Saving multiple rigs is too much work. Especially if you later want to change something in the rig (let's say a Stomp), you have to apply this again.

The QUICK button or a footswitch button would be great.

Hi,

when you use different guitars, how do you quickly change the Input presets? Pressing Input, then using the Browse knob takes too long.

I have three different presets for my EMG 81/60, EMG JH (both are similar but not identical) and for my Tele Single Coils. Is it possible to assign the "Quick"-Button to cycle through the presets easily? Do you use performances with different Input Settings?

Thanks in advance!

Excellent!

Could you do me (and probably lots of other folks) a favor? Could you please try to create a Master of Puppets profile?

This guy nailed it IMO (and shows his settings):

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You can also find the original recording notes by Flemming Rasmussen (producer) here:
    http://www.fwrproduction.com/FWR_Produktion/Notes_1.html

Hi there,

I am using multple guitars with different pickups. Since I change the Input preset pretty often, this procedure could be simplified:

When the user plugs a cable into the front input a "popup menu" could be shown. Four input presets could be selectable by pressing one of the soft buttons. If no selection was made in x seconds, the input preset will not be changed and the popup menu disappears.

So everytime you connect your guitar with the KPA you just press on the preferred input preset button (e.g. EMG HB, Passive SC, …).

What do you think?

PS: Maybe, this process could even be automated. Is it possible to detect a guitar/pickup by the noice that is transferred without playing a note?

Hi,

I bought a Mission Engineering EP1-KP-GN. I've connected it to the KPA and the pedal and stomp button work. But: I can't press the button by pressing the pedal down. It seems like there are a few millimeters missing. In the package there was a small additional white soft pad that I attached beneath the pedal. Now it is too easy to press the pedal, i.e. when flipping the pedal down the button is almost always pressed.

is that normal?

im used to a Cry Baby, that needs a certain amount of power to enable the switch.

Hi there,

I bought a KPA Powerhead last week. And I am more than happy with it! Normally days after a big investment I ask myself: Did I really need to spend that much money for it? Do I really need it?

But the KPA did surpass all my expectations. I really like the User Interface. But you need some time to find a profile that sounds really good (there are a few and I searched for some hours)

when I tested the KPA in a music store I was not that kind of impressed because the factory rigs were so enormous that it was hard to find a good sound in the small amount of time. And honestly about half of the factory rigs are mediocre at best (others, on the other hand, really sound great – but it is probably a subjective thing).

i did not take the KPA with me back then . After watching some YouTube videos I thought: the KPA must be better that what I heard in the music store. So, fortunately, I bought it!

here's my idea of how to improve the music store experience: create a "demo" presentation mode with just 5 presets (Rivs) that can easily be selected

it's good to have a lot of options at home, but when you only have 10 minutes to test a new Amp, you need great sound "out of the box"

i am am thrilled to see what the KPA has to offer in the future. I can't stop playing with it!

Hi there,

this is my first post! I have been watching videos and have been reading articles about the KPA for months. I am going to buy a Power Head next week.

But, this video and the corrosponding Facebook post ("Speaking of transitions ... stay tuned!! ") makes me wonder: Are they going to release a new hardware version of the KPA? Since the video shows the two numbers 1 and 2 you might draw this conclusion.

Should I wait or don't you think there will be a new KPA anytime soon?