Posts by Andy_T-V

Ha!, that'll be right. I did download the pack a long time ago (for that particular profile) Obviously I didn't like enough to keep it!

Tweaking will be necessary for any rig unless you have the same guitar, strings, picks, hands etc. as the player you are listening to.

Even the likes of Robben Ford and Larry Carlton are said not to be so keen on each other's Dumble amps!

Do try a 'Fuchs' search on RM. There are only a few to try but one of them caught my ear nicely. I won't say which - you need to choose one that YOU like.

Skål

Andy

I remember this chap (Simon K-L). I'm pretty sure he uses (used) a - 'Gundy Robben StumbleOD' profile. It's a while (c. 2016) since I last saw this, so I'm not sure where it came from, either Rig Exchange (only one rig by Gundy Keller shows up now?) or Factory Content pre the introduction of Rig Packs.

I do know that it is a Fuchs ODS profile and there are a few of those on RE

The only down side for me with this is that i have to turn off or disconnect one KPA from the Mac as Rig manager cant let you control one KPA at a time.

I've just been playing with this ^ ... Workaround: If you are in Browse (on both) , Send Profile "A" - this goes to both KPAs. Now turn one KPA to Perform and send Profile "B" This only goes to the KPA in Browse. Reset the Perform KPA to Browse and you now have "A" & "B" It works similarly in Perform (turning to Browse)

I'm using an HXFX. It works really well using a 4 cable method allowing FX in front of the Kemper and also after the amp stack. It sounds great, is very easy to call up and edit FX and has comprehensive switching facilities for control of the Kemper. I'm using it in mono as the Kemper is perfectly capable of running stereo in the post stack FX section if required.

I haven't run into any cons as yet.

tlayley Ok,

Not pedal/pot related (my assumption but it's auto swell) though a mucky gtr pot would suffer badly on this patch!

I don't think it's the S/PDIF - the headphone out carries the same noise. I tried various sample rates with no difference. Also disconnected S/PDIF and used headphone - noise still audible.

With a Les Paul, It's passable but, with a Strat, it become a bit lively.

The tiniest of touches or scrapes are magnified in the delay 'soup' It's more noticeable on the treble strings

Chords played with lower note included tend to work as intended but single notes on the upper strings are horrible (first reflection and flutter)

So, from your post, I'm guessing something has changed (maybe a gate response speed) as you didn't have a problem before. Sorry not to be more helpful.

Worth sending a ticket, I reckon

Andy

Thanks CelticGibson ... working for me now as well .. hm?

tlayley It's a consistent sound for sure. How are you 'bowing' the chords in guitar volume or exp. pedal (if the latter , where is it placed pre or post reverb?

My first reaction is that os sounds like a dirty pot or even a sleeve on the strings but, it isn't there on all 'bows'

I'll see if I can get mine to do it .... BRB

Gearwise: Early December I picked up a (barely) used Epiphone Sheraton to use as a pit guitar (no room, quick changes and bashing) . Looks and plays really well but, I was having to tweak profiles which worked with everything else I use. It was woolly in the upper mids and a bit weak on the leads so ... I dropped in a set of Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded pickups. Bingo! Clear and fruity with a touch of wood on the neck and grunt with searing lead on the bridge. Trouble is, it's now elevated beyond 'pit' status. Hmm, I don't have a Junior .... yet!