Posts by tenSe

Hello everyone.

I went through the serach engine and apparently noone has created a similar thread yet, which I find quite surprising.

I'm thinking of buying a pair of studio active monitors. What models would you recommend in this price range? I might go for Yamaha HS7, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

Thanks for your replies. :thumbup:

Maxime

Hey,

Thank you very much for your contribution :) though I personnaly did not have the patience required to achieve this.
    I tried to configure my FCB1010 to work with the Kemper but was not satisfied with the way it went out... So I switched to EurekaPROM, and I'll recommend that for everyone :).
    Saved myself a lot of time and is handy when you want to use FCB1010 with multiple pieces of gear. It's a little pricey though (€50).

Thank you very much, I now use one of these Mark IIC+ profiles as my main lead tone, it's astounding. Amazing clarity, liquid lead tone.
    If you have other ideas for pure and articulate lead tones, suitable for prog and fusion, I'm all listening! ;)

Well, I read the entire FastTrack user manual, and it's not possible to switch from mic/guitar level to line level.
    It's fine, I will try to sell the FastTrack second hand and buy a Focusrite 6i6 instead (second hand aswell). It should cost me around €150, and my Kemper deserves it :).

Now let's try to hunt for that Mark V profile :).

I think I will also try to plug my good ol' FCB1010 MIDI footswitch to the Kemper next week, but I don't know if I can without modifying it (with chips such as UnO or UnO4Kemper...) ?( .

Hello everyone. Thanks for the tips.

It sounds to me like your interface is expecting an instrument or mic level signal and you're feeding it line level. The converters may not be the best but there's no way you should be getting clipping from the KPA's output if you've got things set…

I think the interface has an "instrument" and a "mic" input, but no such thing as "line level" input. I don't believe I will be able to record, monitor nor reamp correctly with this piece of gear ?(:( .

Hello everyone, :)

I purchased a Kemper rack unit like a month ago and I'm quite pleased with the way the things are going. However, I'm facing some issues, and I need some information from you advanced users.

- I use a M-AUDIO FastTrack MK2 audio interface to record the Kemper and to listen it (it has a "direct monitor" thingy). I noticed there is a difference between the direct monitor thing and the recorded signal. Recorded signal is quite bad, less defined, and removes all the mojo from my tone. I believe the converters of the FastTrack are not good enough to match the unit. Another thing I noticed as well: the FastTrack is clipping when I push the Kemper volume above 10%. Looks like it removes all the dynamics (and all the fun, in the meantime). I don't know if there is something I can do about it.

I believe I should upgrade my interface, but I don't know which one to go for. Most likely a NI one with the Komplete stuff on it, since it has to go SPDIF and at last 96 kHz 24bits. I guess I would add a monitoring subwoofer to my pair of M-AUDIO BX5 aswell, so I'd better look for at last 3 outputs.

- I noticed that the front "headphones" output sounds nothing like the "monitor" output I use to connect my interface. It sounds saturated, like there is barely no cab emulation... I don't know what is wrong, most likely some kind of fine tuning I'm not aware of. If you could help on that too, it would be great!

- and last but not least, I'm still hunting for the right profiles. I seek things such as full stack Mark V profiles for my Musicman JP6, some "real sounding" vintage Marshall sounds and other vintage amps with pristine cleans and wild crunches. I believe I'll go with the M Britt profiles for the 2 last ones, but I still don't have a clue on where to find the full Mark V thing.

Thanks a lot for your time and your wise advices :P .