Posts by MarkAlias

I searched the Rig Exchange, but didn't see anything there.

Anyone know of any profiles for these amps, either for free or sale?

Edit: No Magnatones on the Rig Exchange, either.

Thanks, Sharry. That's a big-sounding amp! I might have to try that pack.

Btw, anyone know of any Magnetone profiles? I don't see any on the Rig Exchange.

Anyone know where to find profiles for one of these? I don't see it on the Rig Exchange or in any of my packs.

(Saw a Budda SD30 from GLENN ALLEN on the exchange, but I'm interested in the 18W 1x12 "18 112" combo.)

Thanks.

Thanks, Sharry. I know I can edit the rig names, and I did do that for a while, but I didn't like losing the author's original name. For example, sometimes at the author's website - and even in the Kemper's docs on the factory rigs - they describe the profiles in more detail and even specify the real names & models of the amps, using the rig name as the reference. If I rename the rigs, I won't be able to refer back to these descriptions.

All I want to do is switch which tag gets the big font on the Kemper screen.

As I understand it, the rig name is what's displayed in the large font in Browse mode by default, and this can't be changed.* Personally, I find many rig names (Schmatz? Walking Moon? Revolution?) less helpful than the actual amp's name. In rig manager, I've updated the Amp Name field in my favorite rigs to change the frequently bogus names (MeBo, Fan, Mars, Goldie, Voice, etc.) to the real amp name and model. Now if I could only set the main display to show Amp Name instead of Rig Name in the large font...

*Please correct me if this is already possible!

Yeah, I guess it's easy enough to organize in RM using folders. I find the organization on the unit itself difficult due to the bogus names. Currently I use RM to update the Amp Name tags with the real names and then sort by Amp/Cab on the unit. Then when I turn the browse knob at least I can navigate to all the Fenders, then Fender Deluxes, etc., but only if I squint to see the small font on the bottom right of the screen.

I wish there were a way to customize which tag gets the big font. I don't find the big "TAF - Hello 1960z" quite as helpful as the little "Fender Vibro-King."

a KPA will always sound just it does, even if another model comes out someday.

Well, as a newb who's been playing a long time and has/had lots of gear, let me just say that I had the same fear as you regarding the Kemper II, but I took the plunge anyway and it's the best piece of gear I've ever purchased, by far. (Well, except maybe for my PRS Santana.) I've resigned myself to take the financial hit if I ever want to upgrade to the Kemper II, if it ever comes out, but in the meantime I'm getting my money's worth and more. Once you hear the factory profiles and sign up for Michael Britt's mailing list, you won't be sorry.

Newbie user here. I have rigs in multiple folders under Local Library. I've marked some favorites and wanted to copy these into a Favorites folder. The user guide says dragging would create a copy, but when I drag a rig from MBritt Sample Pack to the Favorites folder, for example, it no longer resides in its original folder.

Is there a way to do what I'm trying to do?

EDIT: Ok, I figured it out. Don't drag, just right-click, Copy, and then Paste in Favorites folder. Duh.

Thank you, guys. I read the thread where DonPeterson asked for people with rare wahs to send a white noise signal through them and send him the output, after which he could model the responses and provide Kemper wah settings to match. Whoa. One expression pedal for every great wah known to man!

I think I get it now...