Posts by joris.griffioen

Many Line 6 product have the option of "autosaving" where anything you touch is saved on the fly.

Could be a system setting in my opinion. Sometimes you want to move quickly and once everything is in place you want to be more safe. Some sort of one-tap quick save could also be an option, the overwhelming share of saving will not include editing the name/position of a performance.

I came up with this solution and got crickets in response. In my opinion, it is the last major hurdle that would solve one of the two main issues with multi-effect devices. Authentic tone being the other, which Kemper has already solved. Well, Citizen Gain responded that something like this was in the works. Everyone else would rather carry on on hundreds of pages across multiple threads about the lack of spring reverb.

Global stacks

Sorry to hear that. but glad that we share the same opinion ;)

My solution is a bit simpler than yours. Yours is more powerful but mine might be slightly easier to implement (also UI-wise), there's all kinds of ways to go about it. Either way I hope Kemper can do something about the core issue of duplication.

Yes! That is exactly the problem.

My solution doesn't really solve the "my core crunch tone, but with delay" problem. But it at least takes all the exact duplicates out of the equasion.

Haha the quote wasn't really necessary there. I agree, it has to be an option. It doesn't have to be a system setting or anything though. The third soft-button is unused currently, it could host an "Inherit" menu.

When that is clicked show a view that allows:
    - selecting a performance to inherit from
    - copy to this performance and stop inheriting

It could also be put under Edit -> Slot settings but that would be a bit too hidden for my taste.

In a set many songs use the same sounds, but then most songs require a special lead sound or a nice effect for the bridge.
    Currently that means having a lot of replication in your performances. Consider this example:

Performance A:
    Slot 1: Clean
    Slot 2: Crunch
    Slot 3: Swirly Bridge
    Slot 4: Lead

Performance B:
    Slot 3: Heavy gain

-- The solution: --

I use a Gordius Little Giant midi controller and it has a great feature: inheritance between banks (songs). Here's the example again:

Performance A:
    Slot 3: Swirly Bridge

Performance B:
    Slot 1: [inherited from A]
    Slot 2: [inherited from A]
    Slot 3: Heavy gain
    Slot 4: [inherited from A]

Performance C:
    Slot 1: [inherited from A]
    Slot 2: [inherited from A]
    Slot 3: [inherited from A]
    Slot 4: Lead with extra delay

^ when I find a nicer clean profile or some new sweet crunch tone I don't have to go around copying and pasting all over the place. Those slots are linked to the one in A. Change it once and all performances where that tone is relevant are updated.

It's a nice midpoint between locking and having everything seperate. It works extremely well in the Gordius to create new banks with minor differences.
    What do you guys think?