Posts by Paul LaPlaca

I am seeing a loop level adjustment on page 4/17 of the system menu but it doesn't have any effect on the loop level.

I think ultimately it would be great to record the loop at full rig volume, then have it take a back seat by a user determined amount.

Right now I am using stomps and rig changes to solo over and it is working ok but it would be better to have that control.

Unbelievable.

I can't get over how good this thing sounds, even through this tiny self-powered PA speaker.

The clean sounds were brilliant.

A little less on the heavier sounds but the reality is, if I had a mic'd up Hiwatt or Marshall in another room somewhere and tried to put it through this little thing I am sure It would sound the same.

Bottom line for me is, if I want to hear and feel the sound of a cranked 4x12, that's what I need to use, especially on a big stage. I don't like the sound of a mic'd amp going through a PA most of the time, especially high gain. However, low gain and clean sounds which is the majority of the sounds I use on these types of gigs sound brilliant even through this cheapo solution.

Definitely going for the Yamaha when I can afford it.

This was the easiest pack, set-up and load in and out I have ever had.

Couldn't be happier.

Heading out for a duo gig playing blues, country and Dead inspired stuff.

Using a JBL Eon 10 of all unlikely things and it seriously sounds amazing in the apartment.

Very excited to see how it does outdoors and looking forward to getting the Yamaha at some point if this works out.

Smallest. Pack. Ever.

Well, since I had a GK 250ML back in the 90's but that only had ONE sound.

Hey-

Having some problems as I am perusing rigs in the exchange.

I'm running into a lot of clipping and can see it on the output meter but can't figure out where it's coming from.

This is mostly with the Roland patches and I am seeking the Holy Grail clean chorus sound.

I've un-linked all my outputs and have everything set up at -15db.

Any advice?

I've found that definition makes my guitar sound more like a single coil. Nice if I am going for an. Unwise (gotta love auto correct, right? Yang wife, dammit! YNGWIE tone!) with a humbucker but imagine that the same setting would be brutal with a real strat.

Those first few chords at sound check. The KPA pushed air just like my old Marshall and gave me a nice back rub. Best feeling in the world.

Funny thing now is, I am now working on Cliffs of Dover and tried to get that classic Johnson tone but even mimicking his amp and pedals, couldn't get it just right. I ended up pulling a Chameleon profile and used that as a foundation and nailed it!

Nothing more inspiring to learn an impossible guitar solo than having the exact album tone.

So funny how much farther you can go with the profile on e it's in the Kemper, I can go so much deeper with my old sounds.

Rocktron Chameleon for over 20 years. Still love it. Before that, the ADA MP1 with an SPX50D. Very good too.

What was lacking was the feel of a tube amp, even more than the tone. The push that comes from standing in front of a tube amp was impossible to replicate. I never went for the Rocktron updates, the Line 6 stuff (even though I own a POD, rarely used it live, only for emergencies). Never had the chance to try the Fractal stuff. Seriously, just very happy with the Chameleon.

So, recently I got a relatively important gig where I had to recreate an album recorded in the '70s and I knew in my gut I would never be able to get those tones with my old rig. Can't overstate how satisfying it was to play

Ok, now that I've been playing the KPA for a little while, trying to figure some things out and need to post in the correct forums.

My be a really dumb noobie question but I haven't found the answer and I am slightly embarrassed to ask but-

How do I register and get access to the owners forums?

Hang I'm there, I went through a similar thing.

Check each rig as you are playing it through your live set up and make sure the Cab is definitely OFF.

I made this mistake and it sounds like maybe you are doing the same, running the cab portion of the rig intro your power amp.

So far no luck for me.

I've tried the parallel stomp route with a chromatic pitch shift and studio EQ shelving off a bit on the top end so the E string is completely free of the effect and B string about 25%.

Also put a chorus on the other path with a crossover around 400hz or so to stabilize the bottom.

All looks good on oaoer but the tracking on the octave is sloppy and the attack is really slow, almost a volume ramp up, no pick attack at all.

Wondering if I am missing something or if anyone has any ideas?

I wouldn't worry about being in the "Sweet Spot" for studio monitors if you aren't critically listening for a final professional mix.

Any decent pair of studio monitors is going to sound great no matter where you sit in a small room if you are playing just for fun.

Also, any professionally produced music that you may be playing along with is going to sound just fine on studio monitors, their linearity isn't going to be a problem unless you are looking for extreme low end.

What is your set up?

If you are finding that a consistent EQ adjustment is necessary across all rigs, it might just be the character of your speaker cab, power amp or something else in the chain.

You can set a global EQ for whatever output you are using under the output section.

I am going through a Marshall 4x12 live and it definitely needs a little bit of tweaking depending on where I am onstage and what the room sounds like. Some stuff sounds fine at home but at full stage volume it can reveal some weird things about your speakers and power amp.

Great thing about this adjustment if you are going monitor out into a solid state power amp and guitar cab is that you can feed the main out with speaker sim separately to the FOH and any adjustments you make to your onstage sound will be independent of the FOH mix. That goes for volume changes too if you have the monitor and main volume knobs un-linked.

So, if you are typical, neanderthal meathead that has a few beers and turns up every set (not ME, I've never done such a thing!) your sound guy won't be out in the alley with a baseball bat ready to break your knees after the show.

Cool thanks!
    And you were using a Marshall cab for onstage monitoring?
    But using direct out of the Kemper for FOH?

Correct. Funny thing is the default cab for most of these rigs was not the Marshall so the sound going to FOH wasn't exactly what I wanted but the soundman was pretty happy anyway.

Can't wait for the next gig where I can really put some time into the programming.

Hmm..

Didn't even bother going directly digital at 44.1khz, I do everything up at 88.2khz at the minimum.

Going into the line ins on my API A2D, then digital out of that and it sounds incredible.

Just had to work around the cab being locked on something ridiculous, as soon as I got a Marshall 4x12 in place everything was smooth sailing.

Thanks everyone.

I think as time goes on I will be able to dial it in even closer but damn, this was fun and easy. I just looked at the old videos and got a rough idea of what amps they were using, used my ears and some common sense about what stomps were around during the time (it helped that I owned the Little Big Muff and CE2 chorus) and I was in the ballpark in a matter of seconds.

I just wish I had this thing back in my cover band days!!

The ADA MP1 and Chameleon were great for so many things but this is like being on a different planet.

Very happy.