Posts by RookGarner

Was just about to order one of these from their webpage.
    They have it in black or green which is nice.
    But they also have a spring version vs non-spring.

Is there any advantage to the spring version, besides the pedal returning to the upward position?
    Am I missing something here? Is one version preferable over the other?

One more happy "Audio processing" plan user.

Although I consider myself to be quite the PC expert, I could not cure the random S/PDif pops and crackles between my Scarlett 2nd gen interface and my KPA.
    Even though I had disabled core parking, power saving features, had a super fast 8-core machine, OC'd, plenty of RAM, a fast SSD etc. and an optimally configured Win 10 Pro 64-Bit system, I kept getting random pops and clicks. Even when setting a huge buffer of 2048 samples...

Have never had a problem with the 1st gen Scarlett, but the 2nd gen, I just could not get to working correctly with the Kemper.

Even Focusrite support could not find a solution after I send them my system specs and all the settings I had manully set.

Well, I checked out this magic power-plan, and it appears to be working. One week with no S/Pdif artefacts and still going strong.
    Even set the buffer to 16 samples and it works beautifully...

Ok, this has left me more than puzzled.
    It appears, this magic "Audio Processing" power plan works.

After testing for nearly a week, I have yet to come across any random pops.
    I've even decreased the buffer samples to 16 - no more random pops or cracks.

So, yes, it appears to be working and curing the problems with the Scarlett...

Just tagging this for my records as it's a great source for my Wah needs.
    Many thanks Monkey!

EDIT: And of course thanks to all the lads who gave their settings! Much much appreciated!

I cannot understand why you don't just try it, it's free :P It has helped a lot of people with powerful computers ;) And i don't think it has to do with how powerful a computer is.

Your right laddie! Just don't like messing with something that otherwise runs perfectly and smoothly. Darn OCD!
    Ok, this old geezer will try it tonight and report back :)

Although 1gen interface, there is something related to AMD cpus.
    https://support.focusrite.com/…that-has-an-AMD-processor

Are you connected to USB3 @RookGarner ?

I tried all USB ports in the rear of my M/B and even the front-sided ports. They are all USB2.0 or 3.0. Made no difference however.
    Still getting random ticks every now and then.

Funny though, even though it mentions gen1 problems with AMD based chipsets. My Gen1 Scarlett worked fine with the same system. I guess I should have just left well enough alone. Darn GAS! :)

Thanks Lads, my PC is tuned to super-high performance. Core parking, all power saving features etc. all disabled.
    My 8-core CPU runs OC'd at 4.5Ghz even when in idle. Even my RAM and M/B operating Mhz are OC'd.
    I'm a tinkerer with PC's, so all is optimally configured. I have pretty bad OCD regarding the configuration and system settings on my PC systems - so I always set these to squeeze out every bit of power.
    I wonder what the "Audio Processing" power plan should do different than what I have manually configured for 100% full system performance at all times.
    And to complicate matters further, I previously had the 1st gen Focusrite cards (18i8) and I did not have these pops/ticks back then.

FWIW, I have e-mailed Focusrite support - will let you know how it goes.

Hi Jack,

while I have you here, could you kindly inform me about this:
    *The 2nd gen 18i8 Scarlett I'm using at home has problems connecting to *any* S/PDif device when the input source is set to S/Pdif (the device being connected as the master clock source).
    You get audio pops every now and then, no matter what setting on the Buffer.
    I'm using a fairly strong AMD-based machine at 4.5Ghz (8-core) and 16 GB of DDR-3 2400Mhz Ram - Win10 Pro 64Bit - all drivers and M/B Bios up to date etc. and still get audio pops.
    I've tried connecting the KPA as the Master via S/Pdif, but it has random pops. First I thought the problem was the KPA but I did a test with an old Johnson J-Station, and a Pod X3... all have the same random pops - even in idle.

Is that a known problem or do I just have a bad Scarlett? Is there any new driver or firmware update from Focusrite to fix this in the works?

Thank you.
    RG

Kindly requesting a feedbacker effect. You know, Gary Moore style feedbacks that usually require large volumes and the guitar standing at a certain point.
    I'd love to have feedback at low volumes and a convincing high-quality Kemper effect like that would be a great and more-than welcome addition!