Posts by nickloosley

Hi everyone,

Just seeing if this issue was solved for OP Maginethat or Heiree ?

I am having this same problem, I don't have access to the MIDI logs as we have a playback tech who looks after these messages, I will confer with him tomorrow.

Happens 50% of the time for us, when changing performances the LCD screen indicates the performance has changed and we're on the correct slot but the sound has not changed. I correct it by cycling to the next slot and cycling back.

I am happy though to see this problem is MIDI related and not Kemper related.

From my understanding we are only sending PC messages, we do not use MIDI for anything else besides rig changes, however we have a few Kempers being changed and we run MIDI long distances using line drivers, but I would think if the message was getting lost or interrupted the LCD display would also not change.

Appreciate the help or atleast confirmation a fix has been found.

Hi everyone,

Just turned on my non power amp version Kemper rack and it's displays a message "updating power amp firmware". It's been stuck like this for 15 minutes.

There is no USB plugged in and I can't load the system menu by holding soft button 1. It has been on OS 5 for 6 months.

Any one know the answer? I'm on tour currently so not as easy as just sending it off for repair but understand if I have to.

Thanks everyone,

For anyone wondering, I discovered the problem is only with the wahs under "Stomp Type", the ones you access using the "type" knob. All of the wahs under the "Stomp Preset" from the "browse" knob work fine.

I still can't get the "type" wahs to work but atleast I have something now.

I had considered that but I have an EHX Micro Synth in the loop, besides I'd rather actually activate the tuner to remind the guitar player he's muted when he goes to change his rig, in case I'm preoccupied with something else. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Hi all,

Just wondering if I can turn on the tuner on the remote from the rack itself, without changing the mode selector knob on the kemper to tuner?

The reason is so I can mute the kemper for my guitar player during guitar changes, but I don't want to run the risk of turning the knob too far in a hurry and actually turning the kemper off.

Is there a function I've missed?

Thanks,

Hi everyone,

Today I bought a Mission EP1-KP and connected it to my remote. The pedal is working as per normal for morphing, pitch and volume.

However, when I use it as a wah, the sweep of the pedal is not working like it should. I'm finding the full range of the pedal mechanically is only sweeping around 20% of the effect, and then once I get passed say the 3/4 mark of the pedal range to the toe, the pedal then starts behaving like a volume pedal, and at toe all the way down, I have almost no volume.

FYI, the pedal is set as type 1, and as "wah" in the system settings. The calibrate button shows the full sweep from 0 to 127 as per normal.

Surely I'm doing something stupid or have missed something simple in my rush to play with it?

Any thoughts?

Thanks everyone!