Posts by Steve1977

Hi, hope someone can help.

Since my Rig Manager auto updated to V. 2.1.19.13125 everytime I run it it crashes with the following error

"Rig Manager for Kemper Profiler has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. "

If I put the PC into airplane mode, this doesn't happen.

I tried creating an exemption for rig manager in my anti virus, but this does not help. I undid the tickboxes for auto update / beta etc, but this too made no difference.

Any ideas? Or alternatively could someone point me to where/how I'd be able to roll back to previous version which ran fine for me?

PC
    Windows 10
    Usually use with Cubase Pro 9

Thanks Steve

Hey guys, I got my Kemper all set up to Reamp using SPDIF no problem, (There was a handy youTube video which was great) but the 44.1k limit is causing some issues as I'm importing a lot of sessions from other studios at 48k.
    So, I've set about sorting my ramping using analogue leads. For some reason I've got myself into a mess, it's not working and I can't find a relevant tutorial to sort this as everyone is using SPDIF.
    Are there any handy anaologue reamping guides out there? Or has anyone got any advice?
    I've got the Kemper recoridng fine both wet and dry, it's just the reamping stage I can't seem to crack this way. Cheers! Steve

p.s. I'm using Cubase/Focusrite Saffire Pro 40

Welcome, Steve!

I realise you're hoping to continue to use SPDIF, but if you have any spare analogue ins, I'd just use them mate.

There is zero practical, real-world difference between the two IMHO; the Kemper's analogue outs are superb.

Thanks man. Yeah, I've got an Analogue out hooked up too. I really only need the SPDIFs for reamping, but for tracking the live takes the analogue is great.

Welcome!

Yeah, it has been requested before, but it doesn't seem like it is possible.

There are sample rate converters you can put in between the kemper and the soundcard, I think Behringer makes a cheap one. Several people here use it, I believe.

Many thanks! That sounds like it might be a good solution for me. Cheers!

Hi Peter, thanks for your reply. I probably wasn't very clear.
    I know you can record via line at 48k, but I really meant via spdif/rca (for dry/wet recording and reamping).
    Mines a rack I just leave connected to the interface via spdif, do I have to change sample rates a lot. Cheers!

I'm not sure if it would ever be possible, but everytime i use Kemper with Cubase I have to change the samplerate to 44.1k on my Focusrite Mix Control and set clock to SPDIF, no big deal really, but if I could just leave everything at 48k and Internal clock things would be a bit quicker and easier.
    Loving the Kemper anyway though!!