Posts by BurnedPriest

Hello, I'm kind of a noob when it comes to gear so I'd like to ask just to make sure before I buy the cab I'm thinking of.
    Is the Harley Benton G112 Vintage a suitable choice to match with the KPA? I'm mostly reffering to the impedance and power rating of the cab (60W).

I won't be pushing it too far in terms of volume because I live in an apartment, so can this cab safely handle my Powerhead?

Thanks

Not really a problem/issue but there is something that bugs me and prevents me from using the Profiler in a way that want. So sorry if placed in the wrong category.

I just got an FS-6 footswitch and to get to the point, I want to use one switch for changing rigs (in Browser mode) and the other one for turning reverb on/off.
    And the thing that bugs me is that while I only have 2 profiles that I want to be using, when I reach the first one in the favorite category, when I press switch A for changing rigs,
    it doesn't cycle through to the last profile in the Favorites and it stays stuck on the first one. Thus preventing me from using the footswitch like that.

Not sure if I explained it clearly enough but I want to ask if there's a workaround to this issue. I just want to cycle through rigs in browser mode, infinitely.

Thanks

Hey guys,
    This is my first post on the forum and unfortunately it's about a problem.

Yesterday I got my KPA (Powerhead) and since I plugged my guitar, on rigs with hot distortion, a hissing noise is being made (I'd say not very different than the sound you get in front of a loud cabinet) when the guitar is silent but with volume on.
    The day before I had the same issue on a live show with a real amp so I figured it was the guitar's fault, but when I change guitars the problem persists.

Here's some things I've noticed through trials (all playing is done through headphones) :
    - the amount of gain directly affects said noise, on clean rigs it doesn't occur
    - when noise gate is turned on the noise goes away (at around 3,5 - 5 it dissapears completely)
    - I tried another room where no electric devices are present and it's still there
    - something that worried me, even with the guitar volume off or even without an input cable in, I can still hear the noise, it's at much lower volume but it's definitely there (still affected by gain amount/noise gate), is this normal?
    - different guitar cable doesn't solve the issue neither different headphones

All that being said, in my experience, my house doens't have the best grounding. I would get having some noise, but even with no input?
    Headphone volume is at -12dB. I will try the KPA on a real amp in the studio on Friday and will see if the different enviroment changes anything. The studio owner also has a KPA so it will be easy to see if my unit is defective.

But as you can imagine I was hoping for an answer before that.
    I'm pretty frustrated by the whole thing and any input (no pun intended) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!