Posts by blasejake

The DXR is a great choice for sure. Ive tried the Friedman, ZLX, Headrush, DXR, and the XiTone. To me the XiTone sounded the best for mid to high gain crunch and lead tones but was very clear for nice cleans. Do you primarily play at home or out? If i only played at home i would buy a nice set of studio monitors. Honestly none of these speakers move air and get that thump that a nice 4x12 guitar cab gives you but they do sound good. it just takes time to get acclimated to the sound.

I play at home, but I need a speaker for if I were to play live as well. I'm just looking to get the most amp-like feel from my kemper. That being said, my best option for that seems to be the xitone. I just don't have the money for a $900 speaker, so the DXR seems to be my best option here.

When I compared one in a store to some other FRFR monitors, I also thought the the low end was exaggerated.

What physical position are you using? If you have it standing on the floor, you could try it as a wedge, or use a speaker stand to decouple it from the floor.

If you haven’t tried using the KPA Output EQ, that may help, too.

I have the speaker angled up at me from the floor. I'll definitely have to try the output EQ as I haven't been using it as much as this forum recommends :D

I briefly owned one and my experience has been the same: like a big HiFi cab seriously lacking midi (=punch). No comparison to the DXR 10.

Honestly, I think I'm just going to get the DXR 10 at this point. I tried the QSC k10 at my local store and loved it, but I also looked at a ton of your posts regarding the Yamaha after this and it seems like that really is gonna be the best bang for my buck.

I have a zlx 12p. I prefer my studio monitors but I use the zlx when playing with others. I adjusted the dsp to compensate for the bass. I think i have -6 bass -1 treble to even things out. Hope this helps.

I would skip the Friedman and go with a Xitone MBritt but thats me.

Thanks for the eq settings! I'll definitely be trying those out later. Would you say that the Xitone is really worth the extra money in comparison to something like a DXR 10? I've heard a lot of good things about it but I was really impressed with the amount of good reviews on the DXR.

I've been having a lot of trouble getting good tones out of my EV ZlX12p powered speaker. The low end seems really exaggerated and the tones just come out very fake.

Does anyone with experience with this speaker have any tips on getting good tones out of it?

I might just have to move on to the Friedman ASM 12 or the dxr10 but I though I'd give this a shot.

Thanks ;)

Hi, your clip doesn't sound bad at all in our opinion, maybe better than our clip ;).
    Anyway many things could affect the sound of a palm mute, first the type of guitar, pickups, action settings and more.

Maybe you might try to adjust something on your guitar settings or regulate the distortion sense!

Thanks for the response! I found that lowering the gain and boosting a bit in the treble and presence helped a lot with the tone. I'm still hoping to see a bigger change to the character once I throw some fishmans or bare knuckles into another guitar, but this will definitely satisfy for now :thumbup:

Ps I love your profiles. I'll be checking into your vl100 pretty soon ;)

I wouldn't say "mostly", but certainly enough to be audibly different.
    For example, I have a Swamp Ash tele with Duncan JB & Hot Rails that sounds just huge and fantastic with Plexi-style amps -- very Les Paul-ish -- and sounds gritty and ballsy with high gain amps. Then I have a Jabon-wood MM with Tone Zone/ Air Norton set that sounds amazing with high gain amps (Dual Rec, etc.) but just doesn't work well with Plexi amps like the first one.

Have you ever seen/heard Steve Vai trying to play blues?... then you get the idea. ;)

Good to know. I'll be swapping the prs pups with either some fishmans or bare knuckles, so I'm excited to see how much it'll differ from the stock ones :D

Sounds like maybe your pickups are a bit hotter and pushing the profile harder. That can smooth it out and compress it.

How about trying it with the gain a hair lower on the profile to see if that gets you closer.

Thanks for the advice Finally. Profile does sound more dynamic with less gain but is still lacking character

Why don't you contact them on the Youtube page and ask if any tonal changes were made from the stock profile?

Good idea. I'll be sending them an email soon about that

Comparing those two clips he's palm muting (at 0:50+) less than you, which is automatically brighter, and when he's chugging he's only hitting the low-D, whereas you're chugging the top 2-3 strings.

Also, the tonal difference could be explained by the guitar/pickup differences. My guitars sound drastically different from each other and pair best with certain profiles, yet terribly with some others.

I've tried the profiles with the three of my guitars (ibanez, prs se, and schecter KM7), and though they do sound different, its not nearly as drastic as the video. Could the quality of the tone really be mostly from the les paul he has?

Hi guys,

Bought the kemper about a year ago and I've been trying to figure out how to get the kemper tones I hear online ever since.

I've been stuck for awhile, so I was wondering if you guys had any idea of what I am doing wrong?

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff too just fyi :thumbup:

Gear I am using:
    Ibanez destroyer with a jb/jazz duncan set
    Headphones (Audio‑Technica ATH‑M50) into Scarlett Focusrite 6i6
    Kemper is connected to Focusrite by spdif
    Choptones Fried Jerry Profile (CHP - Fried Jerry 027)

Here's the video I'm comparing to:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(go to 0:52 for the specific playing of the profile)

Clip of me playing the profile (without any changes to it):

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I don't think my clip necessarily sounds bad, but it really lacks the depth and "aliveness" of the video.
    I found this to be the same for other profiles (such as reampzone and topjimi) and I know these guys make stellar stuff

Any idea of what I can do?

Thanks!